Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where a player gets taken in the draft order isn't always a good indicator of talent...All Australians Lachie Neale. Tom Stewart and James Sicily were all 3rd rounders.
I agree you're correct. I'm merely pointing out at the beginning of this year he was touted as a top10 pick now not so much.

I agree you're correct. I'm merely pointing out at the beginning of this year he was touted as a top10 pick now not so much.
Happens every year, players slide and rise throughout the year. Welsh still has an 8 goal game the one time he played u18 level this year for WWT. Sounds like this is a pretty stacked draft so its no wonder a 190 ish cm forward who didn't set the world on fire at the champs has slid down the order.

Happens every year, players slide and rise throughout the year. Welsh still has an 8 goal game the one time he played u18 level this year for WWT. Sounds like this is a pretty stacked draft so its no wonder a 190 ish cm forward who didn't set the world on fire at the champs has slid down the order.

Yep, as more information comes to hand, the order is refined. He's not slipping to 30 despite being a top 10 talent, he's slipping because his performances aren't worthy of being selected any earlier.

Not a rumour just an observation. The Fertiliser runs a fluff piece on Adelaide’s recruiting department and in it
Hamish describes Alex Woodward as a “Superstar human the type any organisation would value”.

I’m feeling Hamish to head up the Devils recruitment announcement coming at years end.

View attachment 2060097
****ing hope so

Not a rumour just an observation. The Fertiliser runs a fluff piece on Adelaide’s recruiting department and in it
Hamish describes Alex Woodward as a “Superstar human the type any organisation would value”.

I’m feeling Hamish to head up the Devils recruitment announcement coming at years end.

View attachment 2060097
Does the article mention what kind of role Woodward has with us? Is it just a scout?

View attachment 2060097
Interesting call. Does maybe give the impression of a handover brewing. Will watch with interest. I hadn't heard his name before

Interesting call. Does maybe give the impression of a handover brewing. Will watch with interest. I hadn't heard his name before
I'm assuming the best person for the job is someone already working for us and know the "AFC way".
That they have a recommendation by a failed recruiter (position up for grabs), even better.

View attachment 2060097
Can he please take Chayce, Ned and Murphy with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back