Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He tried to prove his fitness so he could play each week after the injury. He obviously still feels his body is up to playing nearly all games and still capable of carrying a fair degree of injury.
lets be real, tex carrying an injury into games will still give more than a gollant or burgess. thats the issue.. he is irreplacable with the little quality depth we have. Until the point of thilthorpe is back and when Welsh comes in next year, we just have to play tex to be competitive. If Tex can prove his body is up to it, he definitely deserves another year in 2025 - the guy has carried us for a good 10 years.. he wont play every game next year but i feel he still has a role to play.

lets be real, tex carrying an injury into games will still give more than a gollant or burgess. thats the issue.. he is irreplacable with the little quality depth we have. Until the point of thilthorpe is back and when Welsh comes in next year, we just have to play tex to be competitive. If Tex can prove his body is up to it, he definitely deserves another year in 2025 - the guy has carried us for a good 10 years.. he wont play every game next year but i feel he still has a role to play.

That’s definitely how we roll. But reality is that Tex shouldn’t be extended. If he wants to play on, he can test the market.

Interested to know how are Port and Adelaide are being hindered by development of their players in the SANFL?

Would it not be too up players not being up to it. That’s what is destroying the development. If the top ups are continually letting our players down by poor disposal and decision making, it will make it hard for them to improve their own performances

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He just needs to be a filter for our ideas

Hey Balmey...? You like Luke Pedlar as a forward tagger on Tom Stewart?

Nup.

Balmey...? Dan Curtin deep in defence on a gorilla?

Nup. Oh, and you're fired.

Should be on any recruitment panels and sit on list management as well as an advisor.

Would it not be too up players not being up to it. That’s what is destroying the development. If the top ups are continually letting our players down by poor disposal and decision making, it will make it hard for them to improve their own performances

Why don’t we get more young vic country kids that just missed getting drafted?

Of all players, you give Tex another year if he wants to play on. When Tex plays, he still provides leadership, structure and most of his possessions are super effective. Personally I would vomit seeing him in another guernsey. I think What he adds on and off the field is invaluable to a young group.

Nope, that’s wrong. You either deserve your spot based on your offensive and defensive actions or you are in the 2s. Tex has still scored ok this year, but he causes a lot of pressureless rebound when he doesn’t win or even create a contest.

Nope, that’s wrong. You either deserve your spot based on your offensive and defensive actions or you are in the 2s. Tex has still scored ok this year, but he causes a lot of pressureless rebound when he doesn’t win or even create a contest.

Nope, that's wrong.

Tex has still been by far our most effective forward when playing. Not only does he direct our forward line, he brings everyone in the game and kicks goals.

I do agree though he will need to be managed throughout the year. I know we have a tendency to hold onto players too long, but when Tex is playing, we are a better team. Pressure is more of an issue with our smalls.

Nope, that's wrong.

Tex has still been by far our most effective forward when playing. Not only does he direct our forward line, he brings everyone in the game and kicks goals.

I do agree though he will need to be managed throughout the year. I know we have a tendency to hold onto players too long, but when Tex is playing, we are a better team. Pressure is more of an issue with our smalls.

That last sentence makes clear an actual problem with Tex. he directs players away from him and has near 50% of ball directed to him. Despite playing injured, the largest % of any player in the league. How can our supposed ‘pressure forwards’ do that job if they’re directed to get out to clear space for Tex? If Tex doesn’t win the ball, it’s his job to pressure who does. Same with every other forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Tex another year, he deserves it after all the sh*t he's copped and what he's done for the club.

Just play him Full Forward and tell him NOT to leave the F50.

He will be still too crafty and strong for 80% of most AFL backmen.

Give Tex another year, he deserves it after all the sh*t he's copped and what he's done for the club.

Just play him Full Forward and tell him NOT to leave the F50.

He will be still too crafty and strong for 80% of most AFL backmen.

This is what a loser club would do. He hasn’t come close to proving he deserves another year yet. Got a few games to do it though.

This is what a loser club would do. He hasn’t come close to proving he deserves another year yet. Got a few games to do it though.

Tex really is the least of our problems though. If we are talking about the likes of Laird and Smith I totally agree with your first point.

AA last year and without him we literally had to rely on Borlase playing forward... :embarrassedv1:

Fogarty still hasn't stepped up to grab the number 1 KPF role yet and TT is still an unknown quantity coming back from injury. Combine that with EH likely to go and Welsh being extremely raw, we really have nothing else to go with forward.

There's been plenty of games this year when his opponent has been close to BOG
He is struggling to get on the park this year.
I think he retires at the end of the year

Although he probably saw Rory get another contract and not play a game for the whole year so his management would be negligent in not asking the question

Tex really is the least of our problems though. If we are talking about the likes of Laird and Smith I totally agree with your first point.

AA last year and without him we literally had to rely on Borlase playing forward... :embarrassedv1:

Fogarty still hasn't stepped up to grab the number 1 KPF role yet and TT is still an unknown quantity coming back from injury. Combine that with EH likely to go and Welsh being extremely raw, we really have nothing else to go with forward.
Fog is the 7th rated key forward in the comp this year, he’s doing just fine.

Fog is the 7th rated key forward in the comp this year, he’s doing just fine.

Stunned by that Stat... Fogarty to me has been an 'almost' player this year.... Had some OK games but never grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck.

At 25 yo and nearly 100 games It would be good to at least see him once in every 7 or 8 games have 20 odd touches and kick 5~ goals.....

Why don’t we get more young vic country kids that just missed getting drafted?

Just any player up to the level, that’s hindering the whole team. SANFL love to take our money but make BS rules to make us lose games and let’s not mention the free kicks per game

People wanted Tex to retire in 2020, they were wrong then and they are wrong now. He can choose when to retire.

No, players only play on if the club wants them to, it’s not their choice. No matter how great they’ve been. And even Tex said he was probably lucky he had a contract for 2021 because if he didn’t he reckoned one might not have been offered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back