Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As I've said before, I would tremble at the feet of the man who ran 'WeedsMullet'. A one-man army against the doomsdayers and naysayers of the Crows BigFooty board. A giant amongst ageing men running towards their graves quicker than the Geelong Football Club. Some say his statistical analysis rivalled that of the great Vader and that he should have changed his name to 'LukeSkywalker'. He read the draft better than Mutineer, less name changes than the deplorable George Kramer and a bigger schl0ng than Horse himself. Some also say that he was a vampire that fed off the tears of grown men crying about 'Trigg' 'Ricciuto', 'The Gibbs trade' and just about anything else, to the point that he outgrew the board, to become a BigFooty final boss of sorts..

Vale, Mullet.
Mullett didn’t you recently know open up another account, were exposed and stopped posting under it? Can’t remember the name, can you assist?

Mullett didn’t you recently know open up another account, were exposed and stopped posting under it? Can’t remember the name, can you assist?
I came looking for a rumour or three. Had a look, thought I had gone to a Powwa board, but no, alas, I was where I thought I might find a rumour. Guys, how about stopping putting crap on each other and get back to making these threads what they are meant to be.

As I've said before, I would tremble at the feet of the man who ran 'WeedsMullet'. A one-man army against the doomsdayers and naysayers of the Crows BigFooty board. A giant amongst ageing men running towards their graves quicker than the Geelong Football Club. Some say his statistical analysis rivalled that of the great Vader and that he should have changed his name to 'LukeSkywalker'. He read the draft better than Mutineer, less name changes than the deplorable George Kramer and a bigger schl0ng than Horse himself. Some also say that he was a vampire that fed off the tears of grown men crying about 'Trigg' 'Ricciuto', 'The Gibbs trade' and just about anything else, to the point that he outgrew the board, to become a BigFooty final boss of sorts..

How long did it take you to think that load of gobbeldygook up?
Careful you'll get brain strain.

Why hide who you were in another life?

It fools nobody.

Last edited:
Last five years of trading

View attachment 2066053

Go home factor isn't really there for SA players. 8 players have gone home, 6 moving states but choosing somewhere other than SA, 3 leaving SA

Not really there for WA either. 8 returned home, 5 moving states but not home, 7 leaving WA

Clear go home factor for VIC, with 28 returning home, 6 moving states but not home, 13 leaving VIC

It helps to have 10 choices in Vic and only 2 in the other states. Always a few VIC clubs with salary cap to spare to make an enticing offer, not so much in the other states

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It helps to have 10 choices in Vic and only 2 in the other states. Always a few VIC clubs with salary cap to spare to make an enticing offer, not so much in the other states

Yeah I already tried pointing that out to Scorpus showing relatively more (pro rata) players were going back to SA than VIC, undermining his conclusions. Assume he agreed as didn’t rebut.

Yeah I already tried pointing that out to Scorpus showing relatively more (pro rata) players were going back to SA than VIC, undermining his conclusions. Assume he agreed as didn’t rebut.

I don't agree that because on a pro-rata basis SA clubs received more players that it shows SA players are more likely to return or return home more.

23 SA players moved clubs versus 48 VIC players (excluding home state team swaps).

At maximum go home factor (all players leaving their interstate club to go home, and no players leave), SA clubs should receive 10 players, versus 3.5 for VIC clubs.

The actual numbers are 4.0 for SA and 2.8 for VIC: -6.0 on expected go home for SA, and -0.7 for the VIC clubs.

So per club, VIC players move less, but choose to go home more, and the opposite for SA players - out of those who decide to move of course.

That shows that SA players moving clubs are less swayed by go home factor than VIC players who overwhelmingly choose to return

I'd say this is a factor, except Sydney have brought in as many SA players in the last 5 years as we have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone hear the rumour mill on triple m this morning an anonymous caller stating that Houston’s to saint kilda and mattes phillopou to port (spelling may be incorrect please don’t crucify me) god I hope not

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
no but it probably suits both clubs. If port want Phillipou, I have no doubt whatsoever they are shipping Houston to get him

Why would Houston want to join St Kilda other than the go home factor? If he does go, a stupid career move.

It was just what was said on the rumour file, person claimed to know someone from with in st kilda and the deal supposedly is as good as done

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

When they go up in flames...

hpotter-02-chamber-phoenix-gif.1026443

I think its a dumb idea under the current format. Obviously the want is for 7 v 10 and 8 v 9 to play off in the bye week of the finals. This wont work. It makes the finals a 5 week competition. Surely 4 weeks is enough. The finals should be dynamic. Not a grind.

Under this format there is the very real possibility a team that has played 3 games will play a team that has played just 1 going into the preliminary final. Instead of adding excitement to preliminary finals, we could be seeing thumpings. The format has to change.

My idea would be changing the format to a more dynamic seeded elimination finals system, removing the qualifying finals week off reward system. Its just seeded. Teams 1 and 2 at the end of the season get an automatic bye into the second round. 1st week of finals determines final seeding and wild card winners. Final 8 teams play out the elimination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back