Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't agree that because on a pro-rata basis SA clubs received more players that it shows SA players are more likely to return or return home more.

23 SA players moved clubs versus 48 VIC players (excluding home state team swaps).

At maximum go home factor (all players leaving their interstate club to go home, and no players leave), SA clubs should receive 10 players, versus 3.5 for VIC clubs.

The actual numbers are 4.0 for SA and 2.8 for VIC: -6.0 on expected go home for SA, and -0.7 for the VIC clubs.

So per club, VIC players move less, but choose to go home more, and the opposite for SA players - out of those who decide to move of course.

That shows that SA players moving clubs are less swayed by go home factor than VIC players who overwhelmingly choose to return
Ok agree with part but can’t understand bolded based on total population and afl players state of origin % in the league.

But anyway, not a huge issue and I don’t want to be too pedantic and appreciate time spent on analysis, cheers

I think its a dumb idea under the current format. Obviously the want is for 7 v 10 and 8 v 9 to play off in the bye week of the finals. This wont work. It makes the finals a 5 week competition. Surely 4 weeks is enough. The finals should be dynamic. Not a grind.

Under this format there is the very real possibility a team that has played 3 games will play a team that has played just 1 going into the preliminary final. Instead of adding excitement to preliminary finals, we could be seeing thumpings. The format has to change.

My idea would be changing the format to a more dynamic seeded elimination finals system, removing the qualifying finals week off reward system. Its just seeded. Teams 1 and 2 at the end of the season get an automatic bye into the second round. 1st week of finals determines final seeding and wild card winners. Final 8 teams play out the elimination.
This year is a classic example of where it would work well with up to 13 ish teams looking finals worthy for much of the year

Also avoids the ridiculous no-footy bye before week one of the finsls

I am a big fan and it works well in the NBA

A lot of us have been here a long time, some of us too long, myself included but I've never had a different account. I changed my profile pick for the first time last year, took me 17 years to change it and I only changed it because it was artwork I had made on paint in 2006 and I saw some 45 year old dude had used it for his profile pic on Facebook commenting on a Crows fan page and didn't want people to think we were the same person. His views were highly questionable..... He thought David Mackay was a really good player and the best winger we've ever had at the club.
I haven't even bothered to change my profile pic lol.

This year is a classic example of where it would work well with up to 13 ish teams looking finals worthy for much of the year

Also avoids the ridiculous no-footy bye before week one of the finsls

I am a big fan and it works well in the NBA

Absiolutely it has merit but not in our current format. I think have it in an outright elimination format from week 2 onwards where every team plays. It adds more to the competition, there is no double chance. As the first week is a fight for seeding. It also means every team plays the exact same number of games.

Could be, but thats even worse.

Posters who change their username are the worst.

Over the years I know a few who have but they were all good posters. Just had old and dated user names. I think the worst ones are the flogs who were flogs before. I think we are talking brand new accounts though more than just user names.

yo how do I change my user name though!!!!!!!!!!! pls tell

I really should have changed my account.

I made it and called myself BunjiMc without realising we already had a BunjiMac

It even confuses me sometimes....
I've been thinking about retiring from the board so it might be less confusing for you. I'm just not finding the time to check the board as regularly as I'd like.

Do you mean players like .... Charlie Edwards, Cook, Zac Taylor, Oscar Ryan, Dowling, Nankervis, Keane and Toby Murray ?

It seems to me, the noise on this board, has been around sacking the recruiters and development team ......plus everyone else associated with the club

BUT .....is it not true, these same people you're holding responsible (for what, I don't know) ......are responsible for those 8 players, people are excited about ......plus Curtin, Worrell, Pedlar, Milera, and Rankine to be added back in ......that's 13 players with strong creds

You can't have it both ways .....lambaste the recruiters, yet praise these rookies

FWIW ......Zac Taylor excites me with what he's doing already ......and I'm a big fan of Toby Murray's aggressive approach, and achievements in his first year

Sam Berry, is at his peak .....fringe player, and in the mould of Riley Garcia .....Zac Taylor has already surpassed Berry, and I'm more excited with his off-ball workrate

Adelaide (and port) are deep in trade discussions with Riley Garcia from the bulldogs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha I clearly don’t pay attention! I didn’t realise there were 2 of you! 😂

Adelaide (and port) are deep in trade discussions with Riley Garcia from the bulldogs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Riley Garcia is equivalent to Berry as a player .....except Garcia doesn't consistently two grab balls like Berry does

I was supposed to be just Moogle and it told me someone else had that name but when I ran a search, I found nobody using it. If I were to change it now, people might think I had a sex change.

Someone I know who has strong connections to the Crows board has told me that if the club finishes with fewer wins than last year, Nicks will be sacked and we'll replace our head of football in a clean out. The KPI for this year was improvement and 7-8 wins is low enough to take action.

Apparently there's a few other staff members in the gun including a few I've never heard of, could be in the recruiting and fitness teams, not sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back