Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • No

Votes: 158 82.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Non football related personal reasons.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh OK, then that makes his trade value worse than I thought. If he needs a trade facilitated because of a non football related reason then Port would be under obligation to accept less to make it happen, or they can hold him to his contract and allow him more personal time.

I would want him to play for the club that gave him the best deal and opportunity. And not be swayed because I’m mates with another dad who is shitty that his park league son wasn’t treated like an Ablett in their dealings with the club.
You continue to rant and misrepresent what I said, in an effort to elevate your own point of view. You don't actually know what you're talking about.

My bad. Meant the other Hill - Bobby.

Wanted Essendon. Then changed to Collingwood. Just wanted the F outta GWS.
Yep. Nominated Essendon, couldn’t get done and then nominated Collingwood the following year. I can’t be arsed copy and pasting the articles to show you.

Safe to say we’ve established that players don’t nominate states or cities to be traded to. They nominate a club and then it is up to the two clubs to hash out a deal. Any contract promised to the player by their new club is largely irrelevant

Oh OK, then that makes his trade value worse than I thought. If he needs a trade facilitated because of a non football related reason then Port would be under obligation to accept less to make it happen, or they can hold him to his contract and allow him more personal time.
Sounds like another Dougal Howard situation at the Power

feenix67 has been pretty clear on crowcast that from a pretty close sauce , Luko would be much more likely to go to port or a Melbourne club than us. Luke’s family has some connections with the jarman and Edwards families who are not our biggest fans.
The Jarmans and Edwards had kids that weren’t talented enough… there, I said it.

That quote in your post was from 2019

Its well documented neither family are big fans of how their kids were handled, but that only feeds in to the general feeling the Luko's have on the Crows.

At the beginning of the year, his old man told me directly that Luko wouldnt be coming home and if he did it wouldnt be to AFC. But that was when things were still on his terms. He loves it up there and at that stage he was a required player. Interestingly, I was told that it did take him the pre season to buy in to Hardwick's "ways" and mantras. Perhaps Dimma noted that and they just dont get along. Jack is certainly not playing for him by the looks and Dimma doesnt seem to rate him.

So I dont know now, the leverage has shifted and now GC look like they want him out. He will still have to agree to a trade but he'll have to go somewhere and it may not be to his preference, which puts us in the frame I suppose. It will be interesting to see if there is more than one suitor.
I also have a contact that knows the old man and the rest of the family.

He noted that that since Jack joined GC the old man has been saying pretty much the sort of stuff you've said. He thinks they have just trotted that out over time so Jack didn't have to suffer media scrutiny and to throw everyone off the scent. The family were mad crows people until he joined GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also have a contact that knows the old man and the rest of the family.

He noted that that since Jack joined GC the old man has been saying pretty much the sort of stuff you've said. He thinks they have just trotted that out over time so Jack didn't have to suffer media scrutiny and to throw everyone off the scent. The family were mad crows people until he joined GC.
Yes, your last sentence is why I made that comment back in 2019.

Look, your contact's smoke and mirrors theory may be correct. The first I heard of Luko's current line was actually a couple of years ago from a third party, a mate of Rob's who I met randomly at a country cricket club and who had no idea who I was. At the time I was surprised. I subsequently had the same comments made to me by Rob himself on 2 seperate occasions, most recently earlier this year.

Regardless, it seems the winds have changed now that Jack seems on the outer with Hardwick. If we are one of a few suitors, it will be interesting to see how the cards fall.

You continue to rant and misrepresent what I said, in an effort to elevate your own point of view. You don't actually know what you're talking about.
Seeing as you’re responding to a post where I was asked my opinion of what I would do, I’m pretty sure I know what I’m talking about here.

Is it actually official Nicks met with Luko or hearsay

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Big Footy fact haha

It’s a good question. I haven’t been following things much in recent days so the following may be outdated but a poster reported seeing Nicks on a GC flight - and I believe Burgess also - earlier in the week. That’s all I know as “fact”. Whether this apparent meeting was reported in the media - print, TV or radio (Rowey mentioned?) I am not sure.

The fact Luko dropped and not played in reserves either is strange.

Watching King and Walter and Mac Andrew live last night 2 things stand out: (1) GC certainly don’t need Luko as a forward as they are blessed with extreme young forward talent and (2) Wayne - sometimes opinions can be a little bit on the “outlier” side but you nailed the Andrew call. Andrew’s first game up forward IIRC but no worries. Towering presence, incredibly athletic and nails 4 goals inc the after the siren winner. Will be on 1m/year within 2-3 years, if not earlier

Big Footy fact haha

It’s a good question. I haven’t been following things much in recent days so the following may be outdated but a poster reported seeing Nicks on a GC flight - and I believe Burgess also - earlier in the week. That’s all I know as “fact”. Whether this apparent meeting was reported in the media - print, TV or radio (Rowey mentioned?) I am not sure.

Watching King and Walter and Mac Andrew live last night 2 things stand out: (1) GC certainly don’t need Luko as a forward as they are blessed with extreme young forward talent and (2) Wayne - sometimes opinions can be a little bit on the “outlier” side but you nailed the Andrew call. Andrew’s first game up forward IIRC but no worries. Towering presence, incredibly athletic and nails 4 goals inc the after the siren winner. Will be on 1m/year within 2-3 years, if not earlier
It was on SEN, Josh Jenkins was talking about Darren Burgess heading up to the Gold Coast.

Well, perineal is right next to bottom

dreamstime-com-busting-e-jpg.633180

Yeh, memories of my biopsy last year. Fun times.

Big Footy fact haha

If the Dee's weren't pissed off enough already about missing out on Mac Andrew as an nga product, they certainly are now.

The Jarmans and Edwards had kids that weren’t talented enough… there, I said it.
And the Crows were in a no win situation, damned if they do, damned if they don't with sons of club legends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back