Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • No

Votes: 158 82.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the club felt that Nicks had improved us every year that he was at the helm.

Obviously that's now not true

Ok so do the extension after last season before Xmas, don’t do it after the first round when you have just had a loss. That plan makes zero sense.

TBF .....Rivers who started as a HBF this year, has moved into the midfield and been a revelation ....he's probably MELB's #1 Mid currently

That leaves a spot at HB .....Houston in that role now, is definitely a need, and provides flexibility to interchange with Rivers if needed

Pick 7 in this draft though?

Not bagging Houston, I rate him as a player but imagine this board if we traded say pick 4 for 6 and 10 from GC and then used 6 to draft Houston, I reckon I'd log out for a few days til it had quietened down

Luko for the Melb 2nd rounder, which means we essentially trade McAdam for Luko.

Anything with a first included is a no-go. Unless it's for one of their 1st rounders.
We would do that deal, all day, every day. :thumbsu:

The irony being is that we didnt anticipate the Dees 2nd rounder to be as potentially this good as its looking to be.

TBF .....Rivers who started as a HBF this year, has moved into the midfield and been a revelation ....he's probably MELB's #1 Mid currently

That leaves a spot at HB .....Houston in that role now, is definitely a need, and provides flexibility to interchange with Rivers if needed
Revelation?

He has been a big improver, but he feels like the okay B+ mid that every side has.

I don't think Houston really helps them, considering how close to falling off the edge they are. But maybe they feel they have to stock up for Gawny's last run.

If hardwick isn't "wasting anynore time" then he has no problem accepting a 2nd rounder.
I would imagine they'd like to get the body and large salary off the books, given how many Academy Players are coming thru

They'll publicly protest, it's what you do to get the best deal ....but I agree, a late 2nd rounder for Luko .....not that the prospect enthuses me, the Jack Watts comparison pretty app .....another player categorised as a soft tall

Not bagging Houston, I rate him as a player but imagine this board if we traded say pick 4 for 6 and 10 from GC and then used 6 to draft Houston, I reckon I'd log out for a few days til it had quietened down
Houston's a magnificent decision maker and kick .....PORT must have a lot of faith in Farrell

It depends on whether MELB believe they have one more shot at a flag, B4 Gawn is finished

Can't see him being worth anymore than a top 10 pick ....not the two being sprouted ....would PORT accept a top 10 and a 2nd ?

Houston's a magnificent decision maker and kick .....PORT must have a lot of faith in Farrell

It depends on whether MELB believe they have one more shot at a flag, B4 Gawn is finished

Can't see him being worth anymore than a top 10 pick ....not the two being sprouted ....would PORT accept a top 10 and a 2nd ?

Houston isn't the difference between Melbourne making the flag or not with an ageing list. I would suggest list management would over rule any crazy idea to go all in on Houston.

I have Houston pegged at a late first rounder

Dees main priority should be a decent key forward!

houston and 10 for pick 4 doesn't sound outrageously bad.
I think first round picks are overrated. They are valuable for sure, but they are still somewhat speculative. If you think you're in the window and want to bolster your side, it could be a good play.
having said that, there is a trade that comes to mind that would be similar.
i believe it was GWS getting Pick 2 (Josh Kelly) from Melb for Dom Tyson and Pick 10 (Salem). I could be slightly off with the exact details, but the blue-chip pick was the pretty clear winner there.

I think first round picks are overrated. They are valuable for sure, but they are still somewhat speculative. If you think you're in the window and want to bolster your side, it could be a good play.
i believe it was GWS getting Pick 2 (Josh Kelly) from Melb for Dom Tyson and Pick 10 (Salem). I could be slightly off with the exact details, but the blue-chip pick was the pretty clear winner there.

Where did pick 10 come from?

And why are we trading our pick 4 for that deal?

Contracted, AA - will attract a premium and I reckon that will be pick 7.

Port will no doubt ask for Pickett.

How does Port get pick 10?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracted, AA - will attract a premium and I reckon that will be pick 7.

Port will no doubt ask for Pickett.

Yeah but Port are pushing him out not the other way around.

They are the team shopping a HBF around, whether he is contracted is immaterial when they are the ones shopping him. He is a nice pick up but FFS he is not a premium player.

They can ask for Pickett all they like but they will get the same answer we got when we asked for Petty

So Luko was onmitted but on the main board for luko they are saying he's not named on the vfl...

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
No Luko

GOLD COAST SUNS
B:
S. Brock (45), N. Beikoff-Smart (56), S. Lemmens (23)
HB: Z. Evans (57), R. Atkins (2), J. Jeffery (40)
C: H. Oea (47), B. Fiorini (8), T. Berry (16)
HF: W. Rowlands (36), J. Mahony (42), L. Gulbin (61)
F: F. Gray (60), M. Rosas (41), S. Day (12)
R: N. Moyle (49), O. Faulkhead (37), D. Macpherson (44)
INT: N. Francis (64), L. Lombard (54), Z. O'Brien (63), Z. Millane (58)*, B. Moyle (59)
EMG: C. Nancarrow (53), F. Hay (51), J. Frawley (62)

IN: S. Day, B. Fiorini, N. Francis, J. Jeffrey, Z. Millane, N. Moyle, W. Rowlands
OUT: C. Budarick, J. Rogers, J. Walter (AFL), J. Farrar (personal), B. Addinsall, J. Frawley, D. Patterson

No Luko

GOLD COAST SUNS
B:
S. Brock (45), N. Beikoff-Smart (56), S. Lemmens (23)
HB: Z. Evans (57), R. Atkins (2), J. Jeffery (40)
C: H. Oea (47), B. Fiorini (8), T. Berry (16)
HF: W. Rowlands (36), J. Mahony (42), L. Gulbin (61)
F: F. Gray (60), M. Rosas (41), S. Day (12)
R: N. Moyle (49), O. Faulkhead (37), D. Macpherson (44)
INT: N. Francis (64), L. Lombard (54), Z. O'Brien (63), Z. Millane (58)*, B. Moyle (59)
EMG: C. Nancarrow (53), F. Hay (51), J. Frawley (62)

IN: S. Day, B. Fiorini, N. Francis, J. Jeffrey, Z. Millane, N. Moyle, W. Rowlands
OUT: C. Budarick, J. Rogers, J. Walter (AFL), J. Farrar (personal), B. Addinsall, J. Frawley, D. Patterson
Certainly raises an eyebrow.

Fair question. He’s not any good.
Lukosius kicked nearly 40 goals last year, he struggled after Hardwick moved him back to defense and then there were media report about his horrible form and got moved back forward. We are taking the risk that you might be correct and he does end up not being any good so at best a future 2nd rounder especially if Hardwick want him gone with a salary dump. Maybe he can play the Murphy role, at least he does something useful when he get the ball unlike Murphy.
1723203127204.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back