Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

reading the Dees supporters thoughts on Clarry right now, they are absolutely livid at his performance. Admittedly I haven't seen him play much recently, but is there a chance he could be on the move?

Luko + Clarry + Draper/ Lalor in one off season, let us dream

that’s why i said depends who we bring in

Golant had a good showdown couple years back but largely has been a bust every time promoted for an AFL game

Performing at SANFL but struggling at AFL isn’t necessarily depth. Gollant has played 15 AFL games in 5 years and has averaged 5 kicks and less than a goal per game.

Despite his SANFL that translates to AFL list clogger, not depth….. depth is someone that can come in, play a role and have an impact

Burgess and Gollant are nothing more than witches hats at AFL level

What is also against Burgess and Gollant, I can see the club wanting to get games into T Murray before Burgess, and Welsh before Gollant

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Completely agree. Burgess and Gollant ain't it. The faster we discard the better.
At least Himmelberg has shown slightly more than terrible. I'd keep him over those two every day of the week that ends in a Y.

Welsh will be just fine and Toby Murray will get a go at some point next year, hopefully he's decent like his brother.

Completely agree. Burgess and Gollant ain't it. The faster we discard the better.
At least Himmelberg has shown slightly more than terrible. I'd keep him over those two every day of the week that ends in a Y.

Welsh will be just fine and Toby Murray will get a go at some point next year, hopefully he's decent like his brother.
Burgo for sure but Gollant is 22 and has put a decent SANFL season together. I would like to see him play with RT & Fog the last 2 games before making a call. He has plenty of upside still IMO. I'd rather keep him than EH

Not a free agent and will likely cost the Hawks 2 1st round picks
Hard to imagine someone who will be 29 in a a couple of months time demanding x2 first round picks.

Also assume if they're chasing Barrass it means they're no longer offering this huge deal for Battle and the hopes of him netting StKilda first round compo are dead - I hope.

Is it possible Petracca and Oliver don’t necessarily get along?

Would make sense with Petracca being a professional and Oliver playing on talent alone.

Maybe Petracca has told Melbourne it’s Oliver or me.

No word on Caleb Daniel? How'd he go yesterday? 15 disposals, 2 marks and a tackle from the sub bench. Is he still a free agent? He's probably not starting 22 but he is high quality depth.
He is actually the main reason WB managed to keep the ball in their forward line for most of the last quarter.

Its an interesting crossroads for Melbourne

If true and Petracca says I am out he would demand a high price starting at a round 1 pick plus

Melbourne then need to look at what they can get in a fire sale for Oliver.

If this draft is deep in midfield now would be the time to strike for a quick rebound
Long contracts are great, aren't they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silly season coming but if we were happy enough to take say a Langford or Lalor who may be there at pick 6, could we try for the following to get Luko as part of a pick swap with GC?

Crows
Out: Pick 4 and Melb 2nd
In: 6, 11 & Lukosius

GC essentially paying to get in ahead of a possible Lombard bid and getting some extra points towards that bid.

If something like that happened, it could mean we get say Lalor and Dodson

Silly season coming but if we were happy enough to take say a Langford or Lalor who may be there at pick 6, could we try for the following to get Luko as part of a pick swap with GC?

Crows
Out: Pick 4 and Melb 2nd

GC essentially paying to get in ahead of a possible Lombard bid and getting some extra points towards that bid.

GC getting reamed there.

GC getting reamed there.
yes and no. If and its an if, Lombard is speculated to go around their 1st pick, what is it worth to get in ahead of that pick. What would you need to pay in isolation to move up from 6 to 4? is pick 20 enough? Also, Lukoisus for the Melb 2nd account for us taking his full contract on as well. IF they got 4 and took say Smillie or Trainor, the also get Lombard. Its akin to the GWS trading with us for pick 4 with 6 and F1 so they got Lachie Ash and then got in before a bid for Tom Green as their academy player.

But it was just an idea on how we might try to get an extra good 1st in this draft whilst still maintaining a presence at the top end of the draft for that mid we crave.

yes and no. If and its an if, Lombard is speculated to go around their 1st pick, what is it worth to get in ahead of that pick. What would you need to pay in isolation to move up from 6 to 4? is pick 20 enough? Also, Lukoisus for the Melb 2nd account for us taking his full contract on as well. IF they got 4 and took say Smillie or Trainor, the also get Lombard. Its akin to the GWS trading with us for pick 4 with 6 and F1 so they got Lachie Ash and then got in before a bid for Tom Green as their academy player.

But it was just an idea on how we might try to get an extra good 1st in this draft whilst still maintaining a presence at the top end of the draft for that mid we crave.
There's still a risk the bid comes before Pick 4 (it's unlikely, but with how much they're giving up do they want to take that risk?). Offering 6, 11, and potentially extra to North, who have legitimate reason to trade down, would be a safer bet.

Is it possible Petracca and Oliver don’t necessarily get along?

Would make sense with Petracca being a professional and Oliver playing on talent alone.

Maybe Petracca has told Melbourne it’s Oliver or me.
I heard On the Couch last night, that Petracca wants out.

Wowee, it would never happen, but thats sell the farm kind of stuff to get him.

Crows
Out: Pick 4 and Melbourne 2nd

What about

Crows
Out: Pick 4 and F1

That seems like they'd MAYBE agree?

I heard On the Couch last night, that Petracca wants out.

Wowee, it would never happen, but thats sell the farm kind of stuff to get him.
hes 28 and coming off a very bad injury, i wouldn't be selling the farm for him. I have a feeling all this noise is more likely melb players revolting against goodwin and they want him out. We need to take pick 4/5 to the draft get the best available midfielder.

Why are we wanting to trade Pick 4? Still getting one of the gun mid prospects at 6 yes, but we're finally in that sweet spot where we can choose among a number of similarly-rated prospects. At pick 6, we probably won't be able to choose which of those gun mid prospects we want. Is Luko worth that?

Why are we wanting to trade Pick 4? Still getting one of the gun mid prospects at 6 yes, but we're finally in that sweet spot where we can choose among a number of similarly-rated prospects. At pick 6, we probably won't be able to choose which of those gun mid prospects we want. Is Luko worth that?
Depends what else we could do with 4 and other picks to get 6, Luko and maybe that pick 11 as well for say Dodson

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back