Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 162 81.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I rate him but at this time he is not a $1m man.
Luko wont give up $1m a year to come to us, so either we pay him $1m a year for 2 years or Suns pay part of his contract.

As I said, I would be happy to accept Luko and a 1st from them, we pay his entire contract.

Todays "Tiser

CHASING THE SUN

Adelaide meets with Gold Coast’s Lukosius in bid to lure him to West Lakes

Adelaide is making a bold play to bring South Australian Jack Lukosius home. It is understood Crows coach Matthew Nicks met the 24-yearold swingman on the Gold Coast last week as the club attempts to pull off its third major recruiting raid in four years. Lukosius, who was drafted from SANFL club Woodville-West Torrens with pick 2 at the 2018 AFL national draft, is contracted for two more seasons but could be gettable after appearing to fall out of favour at the Suns. The195cm key utility was dropped from the Gold Coast team for last Saturday’s round 22 clash against Essendon for the first time in his 115-game, 77-goalcareer.One of his key forward line replacements, Mac Andrew, kicked four goals, including the matchwinner after the final siren, while other key forwards Ben King (three goals) and Jed Walter (two) booted five majors between them. Lukosius, though highly rated, could be available for trade as the Suns attempt to balance their books to bring triple premiership winning Richmond playmaker Daniel Rioli to the club to reunite with his Tigers flag coach Damien Hardwick .Rioli had a career-high 36 disposals against the Saints on Sunday and won’t come cheaply. The Crows swooped on captain Jordan Dawson from Sydney in the 2021trade period and, a year later, grabbed Izak Rankine from the Suns. Rankine was taken one spot below Lukosius at the 2018 draft. Lukosius, who has kicked 60 goals in the past two seasons for Gold Coast, has been on the Crows’ radar since he was drafted but speculation has increased in recent weeks that he could become available in this year’s exchange period. Lukosius is believed to be happy on the Gold Coast and enjoys the laid-back lifestyle of being a footballer in the Sunshine State. He signed a four-year contract extension midway through 2022, saying, “I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else". But after being moved all around the ground by Hardwick – and now being dropped – Lukosius, who has a preference to play forward, is almost certain to have questioned his position at the club. Adelaide could only watch on in 2018 as Gold Coast pounced on two of the most highly-touted junior products to come out of SA with its first two picks of the national draft. Lukosius went first, the Suns taking the Henley High School product with the second overall selection after Carlton drafted midfielder Sam Walsh with pick 1.Rankine went next. After Port Adelaide took future captain Connor Rozee at pick 5, the Crows drafted Chayce Jones (pick 9) and Ned McHenry (16) in the first round. With the Crows building their next-gen forward line around key pillars Riley Thilthorpe and Darcy Fogarty, Lukosius might be the icing on the cake as the more mobile third tall at West Lakes in the post-Taylor Walker era – whenever that comes. Throw in potential father-son selection Tyler Welsh and Crows fans would-be excited about the club’s attacking future. But the main question will be the Suns’ asking price. Or, more poignantly, what is another club willing to pay? And are the paying for the 24- year-old, 39-goal forward from 2023 or the player dropped by a team out of the finals race

Silly season coming but if we were happy enough to take say a Langford or Lalor who may be there at pick 6, could we try for the following to get Luko as part of a pick swap with GC?

Crows
Out: Pick 4 and Melb 2nd
In: 6, 11 & Lukosius

GC essentially paying to get in ahead of a possible Lombard bid and getting some extra points towards that bid.

If something like that happened, it could mean we get say Lalor and Dodson
I like that enough that it means GC are getting screwed

Its an interesting crossroads for Melbourne

If true and Petracca says I am out he would demand a high price starting at a round 1 pick plus

Melbourne then need to look at what they can get in a fire sale for Oliver.

If this draft is deep in midfield now would be the time to strike for a quick rebound
Geez, on a different page here. Are you thinking they could quickly rebound AFTER losing Petracca, Oliver and Brayshaw already retired. Gawn is 34 next year, May 33 and Viney already on the wrong side of 30

Thats basically most of their best players along with Pickett and Lever.

Sounds like a pretty major rebuild IMO

Why would Barrass going to Hawthorn be good news for us?
They won't go after Battle meaning that the Saints won't get pick #5 compensation pushing us down the order if we manage to finish ahead of them.

But, like I said, it's likely a moot point as the Saints will probably finish 14th anyway.

They won't go after Battle meaning that the Saints won't get pick #5 compensation pushing us down the order if we manage to finish ahead of them.

But, like I said, it's likely a moot point as the Saints will probably finish 14th anyway.
Why won't they go after Battle? They have to trade for Barrass but they only need to offer a carload of cash for Battle and St Kilda would be most willing to let him go if they got pick 5 in this draft as compo (assuming they got pick 4 naturally).

The Hawks can absolutely get both this trade period

Silly season coming but if we were happy enough to take say a Langford or Lalor who may be there at pick 6, could we try for the following to get Luko as part of a pick swap with GC?

Crows
Out: Pick 4 and Melb 2nd
In: 6, 11 & Lukosius

GC essentially paying to get in ahead of a possible Lombard bid and getting some extra points towards that bid.

If something like that happened, it could mean we get say Lalor and Dodson
Jesus man, if you can pull that off take Reidys job. 0% chance GC would accept IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hes 28 and coming off a very bad injury, i wouldn't be selling the farm for him. I have a feeling all this noise is more likely melb players revolting against goodwin and they want him out. We need to take pick 4/5 to the draft get the best available midfielder.
the more they implode, moving away from flag contention, surely they arent stupid enough to pay pick 7 to top up for Houston.

Love Kanes take on things...

“Dan Houston does want to leave Port Adelaide. He’s in unbelievable form and probably in-line for another All-Australian blazer, I would imagine.

“He’s got four years left on his deal. He’s in the prime of his career, potentially a back-to-back All-Australian and he’s 27 and Melbourne is coming hard for him.

Jesus man, if you can pull that off take Reidys job. 0% chance GC would accept IMO
Yeah, I did modify that a bit later.

I can imagine our team sitting there at West lakes with 2 pictures on the wall side by side and saying what do we need to do to guarantee both. Those 2 are Draper and Lukoisus.

If we perceive WCE as a huge threat to taking Draper if we are absolutely wedded to trying to get him, we might look at the North pick 2 and make a play for that. what could we also do to get Lukosius as an outcome there?

North have picks 2 & 22, we have 4, melb 2nd, F1 & F2 to really play with

I suspect North would be open to trading with us - 2 & 22 for 4 and F1.North will still get a top mid or maybe Trainor at that pick 4 so they lose nothing really and upgrade their pick 22 to a f1 that may still be a top 10 pick next year. That would have to be an on draft night trade though as Richmond still present as the fly in the ointment as they could take Draper at 1.

So what does that do for Lukosius? - we have the Melbourne 2nd and we have a 3rd rounder - not to mention what we garner in trades from any players leaving. So you would think we have more than enough to play with to trade for him.

But in the washup, I think if our team came away from the upcoming trade and draft period with Draper, Lukosius, another player at the draft and Welsh and maybe even a free agent? - they would be happy as hell even if it cost us our F1 in the process. Just my thoughts on it. I just hope we remain at pick 4 - I don't want the sainst to finish below us and stuff us up also with the battle compo if he leaves.

Luko is on about $1m a year in his final two years at the Suns.

They should be giving us a 1st and Luko to take him off their books, Bowes style.

As I mentioned earlier on here, it will end up being a F2.
if thats true (1m x last 2 years) thats actually very good news for us and greatly increases our leverage in a trade and reduces the trade collateral needed to grab him

Luko is on about $1m a year in his final two years at the Suns.

They should be giving us a 1st and Luko to take him off their books, Bowes style.

As I mentioned earlier on here, it will end up being a F2.
GROTTO can I ask where this has been reported? I have missed the talk of 1m/year and that does greatly change the trade dynamic to our advantage

Geez, on a different page here. Are you thinking they could quickly rebound AFTER losing Petracca, Oliver and Brayshaw already retired. Gawn is 34 next year, May 33 and Viney already on the wrong side of 30

Thats basically most of their best players along with Pickett and Lever.

Sounds like a pretty major rebuild IMO
Which will be sped up by going hard in this supposedly rich draft

Petracca 1st round plus a 2 would be likely
Oliver an early 2nd plus maybe another 2nd or 3rd - still a gamble

The point being with 2 1st round picks plus an early 2nd they can pick replacements and reach for a Dodson

It wont be as slow as ours I can guarantee that much

But these things need to happen this draft otherwise yes its going to be painful for Dees supporters

Great news for us if true.

I, along with 85,000 others, was at The G on Sunday and man they are a very impressive outfit (even considering Blues injuries) and yes the only obvious missing piece is a tall KPD. Sicily was giving up about 10 cm when playing on McKay. But their midfield, ruck, small forwards and just exceptional coaching by Mitchell with fast movement, good decision making and exceptional skills. Great to see and they could actually win a final or 2 hereas almost guaranteed to make finals now

Why would Barrass going to Hawthorn be good news for us?
because in theory, they will be less likely to chase Battle unless deciding to bring in 2 very expensive KPD at once (unlikely). They are the team rumoured as most interested in Battle so IF they get Barrass (who is a much better player) and dont chase the lesser Battle it means less chance Saints end up with a Band 1 FA compensation pick thru someone overpaying for Battle

I, along with 85,000 others, was at The G on Sunday and man they are a very impressive outfit (even considering Blues injuries) and yes the only obvious missing piece is a tall KPD. Sicily was giving up about 10 cm when playing on McKay. But their midfield, ruck, small forwards and just exceptional coaching by Mitchell with fast movement, good decision making and exceptional skills. Great to see and they could actually win a final or 2 hereas almost guaranteed to make finals now
It’s great to see? The Hawks, with a boatload of flags since the 80s, the most smug supporters on earth, coached by Mr Corkie Mitchell, with their supremely annoying players, them winning is great to see?

Freo, fine, be great to see them win. But I hope the Hawks are terrible for 20 years.

Which will be sped up by going hard in this supposedly rich draft

Petracca 1st round plus a 2 would be likely
Oliver an early 2nd plus maybe another 2nd or 3rd - still a gamble

The point being with 2 1st round picks plus an early 2nd they can pick replacements and reach for a Dodson

It wont be as slow as ours I can guarantee that much

But these things need to happen this draft otherwise yes its going to be painful for Dees supporters
ok fair enough and i see what you are saying re speeding up rebuild. But losing all these mids (Pets, Oliver and Brayshaw) along with last legs Gawn and May means no more flags for this Dees iteration which is a very underwhelming prospect for them after taking a good 10 years or so (multiple rebuilds) getting that 2021 premiership team together. I think many commentators thought they were the next dynasty team after Cats/Horks/Tigers..

It’s great to see? The Hawks, with a boatload of flags since the 80s, the most smug supporters on earth, coached by Mr Corkie Mitchell, with their supremely annoying players, them winning is great to see?

Freo, fine, be great to see them win. But I hope the Hawks are terrible for 20 years.
Haha, yes my wording was poor. I dislike the Hawks also. But I am very impressed by Mitchell and their quick turnaround and gamestyle this year - envious was probably a better way to say it than 'great to see'

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back