Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Port will be devastated...no top 10 pick for them after trying to shove him out 🤣
Get a feeling it’s one of those situations where Houston started to make clear he wanted a trade, Port got excited about getting pick 7, plus Perryman as a FA to replace him… then Houston out of nowhere wants to stay

Davies/Cripps: “Ohhhh…. welcome back Dan 🫠

Best player in the comp at the +1 role at stoppages, it’s a niche role because most teams prefer a +1 in defence.

Murphy is a high forward that comes into stoppages as an extra mid. Not to be confused with guys like Keays and Rachele that play forward of the stoppage. Murphy just sucks at his role, ANB is way better he plays that role to a tee for Melbourne and doesn’t just hack kick the ball. Nicks loves a +1 at stoppages so ANB is as good a player as we can get in that role.
Kind of like what Rankine

No doubt.

I actually think people are giving Murphy too much credit. His role is a pressure forward, but he doesn't kick goals.

He runs back to help with defence is the other thing he does, mostly because he can't kick goals.
The mystical thought that Murphy is a pressure forward, maybe he has hoodwink Nicks as well lol and this is taking into account Rankine has played in the midfield as well.

1723633432246.png
1723633457743.png
1723633517678.png

As odd as it sounds, Goodwin coming out today and saying "Clayton Oliver and Christian Petracca will be at the footy club next year," almost feels like a CEO/President saying the "coach has the full support of the board"... Almost meaningless.

I'm waiting on some VERY reliable mail for Oliver.
What kind of mail are we talking? Crowmail? Or other team mail?

No doubt.

I actually think people are giving Murphy too much credit. His role is a pressure forward, but he doesn't kick goals.

He runs back to help with defence is the other thing he does, mostly because he can't kick goals.
Thing is, Murphy’s not even a top level pressure player. He averages .1 pressure acts more per game than Rachele. He’s classified as ‘average’ across forwards in the league

If you’re a forward that doesn’t hit the scoreboard that much, you need to bring decent ball-winning and elite pressure. Murphy just isn’t that guy

Getting ANB to replace Murphy is a step in the right direction re: weeding out the weak links in the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this is the right thread, however I listen to the footy with Broden Kelly podcast and he mentioned that there are rumours Darren Burgess is heading back to Melbourne.

I’ve heard nothing and a quick google search only has one herald sun article which was behind a paywall. However, Broden is hardly in the business of news breaking so I figure it must be common knowledge if he’s talking about it.

Any substance to this?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right thread, however I listen to the footy with broken Kelly podcast and he mentioned that there are rumours Darren Burgess is heading back to Melbourne.

I’ve heard nothing and a quick google search only has one herald sun article which was behind a paywall. However, Broden is hardly in the business of news breaking so I figure it must be common knowledge if he’s talking about it.

Any substance to this?

doubt it

family is settled in Adelaide and Burgess is playing a huge role in the design of our new facility

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should we be concerned that he was a die hard pear fan growing up? And the fact the scum are after him too? Going to be interesting to see how things pan out over next few years considering both SA clubs are very keen on Poo and NWM. Hence why I wouldn’t be handing much over for Jack the downhill skier. We need collateral for gettable top tier players.
He was Never a diehard Pear fan. Source - M Phillipou.

In a pre draft interview he said that several of his close mates were Poort Pear diehards but he was more interested in the NBA. I am confident that he will make his decision based on where he can make the most impact. He would be the fourth string midfielder at Poort but probably our number 2 midfielder behind Dawson (with Rankine playing 50/50 midfield/forward).

Yep. Nominated Essendon, couldn’t get done and then nominated Collingwood the following year. I can’t be arsed copy and pasting the articles to show you.

Safe to say we’ve established that players don’t nominate states or cities to be traded to. They nominate a club and then it is up to the two clubs to hash out a deal. Any contract promised to the player by their new club is largely irrelevant

Is it safe to say? I don't think its all that safe to say.

Especially when a bloke named Alex Neal Bullen - publicly declares he wants to be traded back to Adelaide at the end of the year.

This is the exact thing I am talking about. ANB has said he wants to return to SA for family reasons. Now he talks with 2 clubs and negotiates the best deal for him before nominating his preferred club.

Especially when a bloke named Alex Neal Bullen - publicly declares he wants to be traded back to Adelaide at the end of the year.

This is the exact thing I am talking about. ANB has said he wants to return to SA for family reasons. Now he talks with 2 clubs and negotiates the best deal for him before nominating his preferred club.

ANB posted a video to the public/MFC forum which he stated he’s leaving and will enjoy the last two games with the club etc. There’s been a contract agreed to. There has to be otherwise he couldn’t be saying something like that. If all signs are pointing to us, in this case, you can be confident it’s happening. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m confused. So it’s not safe to say he will nominate a club to be traded to?

So, I continue to refine my posts as my thoughts become clearer.

Whatever happens we must recruit for need first. That means it's:
First level need - elite midfielders - Philipou and Draper
Second level need - Upgrade and coincidence/convenience - ANB and Cumming
Third level need - Secondary level need - ruckman drafted or traded for
Fourth level need - only if the deal is too good to refuse - Luko.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back