Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

ANB posted a video to the public/MFC forum which he stated he’s leaving and will enjoy the last two games with the club etc. There’s been a contract agreed to. There has to be otherwise he couldn’t be saying something like that. If all signs are pointing to us, in this case, you can be confident it’s happening. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Especially as Port have come out and said it's the first they've heard of it, whereas Crows have made the typically cryptic "we fully respect his and his family's privacy and will wait to the end of the season (i.e. next week) to commence discussions with the club" - a press release they had prepared weeks ago, nothing surer.

In summary, it's done.

Especially as Port have come out and said it's the first they've heard of it, whereas Crows have made the typically cryptic "we fully respect his and his family's privacy and will wait to the end of the season (i.e. next week) to commence discussions with the club" - a press release they had prepared weeks ago, nothing surer.

In summary, it's done.

Yeah all parties are being respectful so he can farewell Melbourne properly given he's being traded on compassionate grounds. Word will get out soon enough.

It's not always about getting elite talent. ANB is a very big upgrade on Murphy and also fills an age/experience void. We're going to need to find a new whipping boy because the current one will be playing SANFL next year.

Yeah all parties are being respectful so he can farewell Melbourne properly given he's being traded on compassionate grounds. Word will get out soon enough.

It's not always about getting elite talent. ANB is a very big upgrade on Murphy and also fills an age/experience void. We're going to need to find a new whipping boy because the current one will be playing SANFL next year.

If you think ANB is going to replace Murphy then I've got a bridge to sell you.

also has great on-field leadership, his pressure is elite, can be effective when he plays midfield minutes and he’s coming off his best season

he’s also consistent, he doesn’t let you down

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In summary, it's done.

a player doesn’t nominate a trade home unless he has a destination club that he has agreed to terms with, he would also have confidence that the deal will get done

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is it safe to say? I don't think its all that safe to say.

Especially when a bloke named Alex Neal Bullen - publicly declares he wants to be traded back to Adelaide at the end of the year.

This is the exact thing I am talking about. ANB has said he wants to return to SA for family reasons. Now he talks with 2 clubs and negotiates the best deal for him before nominating his preferred club.
For now

To announce it now he knows he has a suitor amongst the 2 clubs

Not uncommon for player to announce a return to their home state and delay the nomination of club.they ALWAYS nominate a club though

Luke Jackson a recent one that comes to mind

Maybe even Dawson? (He was touring port before confirming us but can’t remember if he had confirmed he wouldn’t be at Sydney or staying out was still an option technically although being post season I think he had)

When the announcement is made in season that makes even more sense (for both parties, I’m sure whatever club getting him woukd request that be the case)

Will be annoying during this whole rebuild we haven’t saved draft capital and secured a free agent only to see Port secure 2 this trade period. FA you should be able to buy and we have a heap of cash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this is the right thread, however I listen to the footy with Broden Kelly podcast and he mentioned that there are rumours Darren Burgess is heading back to Melbourne.

I’ve heard nothing and a quick google search only has one herald sun article which was behind a paywall. However, Broden is hardly in the business of news breaking so I figure it must be common knowledge if he’s talking about it.

Any substance to this?

Crows
Don't miss out on the headlines from Crows. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Adelaide is on the hunt for a new strength and conditioning coach, but it isn’t as a result of the Crows’ poor 2024.
The Crows have advertised online for a new strength and conditioning coach with high performance boss Darren Burgess posting on X that it was a “fantastic opportunity”.

Off-field changes are expected at West Lakes as a result of the Crows underwhelming season so far.

But this is not related to that, rather the Crows losing two members of their high performance team to rival code.

Adelaide Crows high performance boss Darren Burgess. Picture: Instagram
Adelaide Crows high performance boss Darren Burgess. Picture: Instagram
Strength and conditioning coach Sam Dodge has returned to the United Kingdom to work in rugby, while Jarryd Wallace has moved to the SACA.

In the online advertisement, the Crows say key responsibilities for the role include;

DEVELOPMENT and implementation of the club’s strength and power program,

DESIGN and maintenance of a best practice strength and power program optimising individual strength, speed, agility and power attributes of athletes,

ASSIST in the planning, design and implantation of rehabilitation programs to maximise player availability, and

ASSIST in cross-training conditioning during football training sessions and extra conditioning sessions.

** so not replacing Burgess but reporting to him

Not sure if this is the right thread, however I listen to the footy with Broden Kelly podcast and he mentioned that there are rumours Darren Burgess is heading back to Melbourne.

I’ve heard nothing and a quick google search only has one herald sun article which was behind a paywall. However, Broden is hardly in the business of news breaking so I figure it must be common knowledge if he’s talking about it.

Any substance to this?
Broden's very likely re-iterating what Twomey said about a week ago

Would really suck to lose him, but I thought he moved back over here for family reasons, so not sure why he goes back over to Melb?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back