Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne really screwed up in last years trade period.

They could have traded Oliver to us, and we would have given all our picks. Then with those and their own engineered a trade to give pick 1 to get Harley Reid with west coast getting Curtin pick plus a bunch of other round 1 picks.

Could have set themselves up for the next 10 years.

Now Oliver is worth nothing and the team is imploding.
They missed out on capitalizing with the Petty trade too. Both look bad now in hindsight.

Pickett to port? May not be too far fetched this summer. One of my port mates mentioned that the club is exploring it again.

With our reported interest in ANB, I would be most happy for us to be exploring Pickett as well - our F1 and Melb 2nd for the pair..Pickett would really add to our group imo
If Pickett comes it will 100% be to Port.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed. It’s called the Costa-living allowance allowing them to attract the highest % of quality FA/OOC or indeed even contacted players in any major salary capped sport globally.

Surely they must have a few tricks up their sleeve or “in their bag”
Yeah ok I forgot about the Costa-living allowance and the building development packages that the Geelong FC players all had buy in on at mate's rates.

I'll agree with the corrections :)

Geelong are the reason players salaries should be public.

The amount of stars playing for pennies while their players are sitting on multimillion dollar properties they are just lucky enough to get as a steal is staggering.

When they won the premiership, and then took a salary dump from a team that has never made finals, people should have noticed.

There’s no real journalists in the AFL to actually investigate and the AFL themselves don’t care about equality in the league.
man agree 110%. Its a ******* disgrace.

SO easy to rort rules and I wouldnt be surprised Crows (and all clubs) have also done to an extent - players part owners of pubs / property purchases/renos with lots of cash involved etc. Its just after Tippett-gate we would rationally be more risk averse to push the envelope as being caught AGAIN would see horrendous punishments by the VFL - thats almost guaranteed. With Hocking moving from Cats to AFL Footy Ops back to Cats, their ability to not only have 'friendly contacts' in H/O but also understand how far you can push the rules, understanding risk of audit and in different areas and what are the easiest things to get away with is incredible and unsurpassed.

Not sure you can ever stop it. As a Stockbroker if I had the Crows 10 most valuable players as clients - and I was rich enough to afford to do this (which to be clear I am not haha) - then you do buys/sells during the day and disproportionately book the winning trades to Crows players at the end of the day whilst 'absorbing' the losses yourself. Having a 500k-1m portfolio which consistently makes 25-30% 'guaranteed' returns per year can then be factored into the players holistic salary offering when trying to either attract players or retain key players. Crows list managers can sell this point, players can back it up and nobody would seemingly ever be the wiser (except the poor old Stockbroker who may lost 1m/year from absorbing bad trades)

Cats have only ever lost Ablett Jnr in 2 successful decades where they just couldnt stretch the boundaries that far to match 1.5m without triggering massive alarm bells

Its not an even competition. Salary cap rorts, finals at the G,

Melbourne really screwed up in last years trade period.

They could have traded Oliver to us, and we would have given all our picks. Then with those and their own engineered a trade to give pick 1 to get Harley Reid with west coast getting Curtin pick plus a bunch of other round 1 picks.

Could have set themselves up for the next 10 years.

Now Oliver is worth nothing and the team is imploding.
and thats BEFORE even our ridiculous OTT interest in Petty. Now I rate Reidy but WTF were we thinking of Petty and 750-800k....

Geelong are the reason players salaries should be public.

The amount of stars playing for pennies while their players are sitting on multimillion dollar properties they are just lucky enough to get as a steal is staggering.

When they won the premiership, and then took a salary dump from a team that has never made finals, people should have noticed.

There’s no real journalists in the AFL to actually investigate and the AFL themselves don’t care about equality in the league.
Can you believe the year they won the GF by 80-90 points they brought in FOUR FIRST ROUNDERS - unprecedented:

• Bowes on a salary dump (clearly the flag fave normally has huge amt of spare salary cap)
  • Pick 7 as part of Bowes
  • Bruhn from GWS
  • Henry from Pies for way unders (will kick around 75-80 goals over his first 2 years at Cats)

You couldnt make this shit up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely higher value than Houston imo
100%

Love how Port Power were getting their hopes up for an OTT offer for pretty player Houston. He aint worth pick 7 - mid - late first in a normal draft at best (14-20). In this strong and even draft (top 30 ish players), probably even less

100%

Love how Port Power were getting their hopes up for an OTT offer for pretty player Houston. He aint worth pick 7 - mid - late first in a normal draft at best (14-20). In this strong and even draft (top 30 ish players), probably even less
Houston is good but I don't think he has the value of a top 10. He goes pretty quiet when they take the kick ins off him too.
Cost me in supercoach this year 😂

Though to be fair, it seems like they deliberately avoid using him in some games.

SO easy to rort rules and I wouldnt be surprised Crows (and all clubs) have also done to an extent - players part owners of pubs / property purchases/renos with lots of cash involved etc. Its just after Tippett-gate we would rationally be more risk averse to push the envelope as being caught AGAIN would see horrendous punishments by the VFL - thats almost guaranteed. With Hocking moving from Cats to AFL Footy Ops back to Cats, their ability to not only have 'friendly contacts' in H/O but also understand how far you can push the rules, understanding risk of audit and in different areas and what are the easiest things to get away with is incredible and unsurpassed.

Not sure you can ever stop it. As a Stockbroker if I had the Crows 10 most valuable players as clients - and I was rich enough to afford to do this (which to be clear I am not haha) - then you do buys/sells during the day and disproportionately book the winning trades to Crows players at the end of the day whilst 'absorbing' the losses yourself. Having a 500k-1m portfolio which consistently makes 25-30% 'guaranteed' returns per year can then be factored into the players holistic salary offering when trying to either attract players or retain key players. Crows list managers can sell this point, players can back it up and nobody would seemingly ever be the wiser (except the poor old Stockbroker who may lost 1m/year from absorbing bad trades)

That sounds like the exact same figure it cost Chapman to be the Crows Chairman for all those years...

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cats have only ever lost Ablett Jnr in 2 successful decades where they just couldnt stretch the boundaries that far to match 1.5m without triggering massive alarm bells

Its not an even competition. Salary cap rorts, finals at the G,
The AFL secret sauce magic formula somehow managed to coincidently net them a first rounder compensation for Motlop when they just happened to need one to bring Ablett home again too from memory.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back