Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to port. They want a first rounder at minimum for him.

and there's no way I'm gving up pick 4, splitting it or a future 1st.

Luko would have said if he was going to the crows already, it's clearly Port

He would nominate Port regardless of whether they are in finals or not. What is most likely is that Port have placed an offer and he is keen, but Port have yet to demonstrate they can make it happen. So I think he was waiting to see if Houston was leaving. Houston announced already that he isnt. But he is probably weighing up the Crows, Staying or hanging out to see if anything changed when Ports seasons finished.

I wouldnt rule out Port trying to seek permission to use next years first to trade in Lukosius either. The AFL created a precedent by giving permission to Geelong to trade in Touhy when they had exceeded the rules.

People need to take a deep breath on the trade rumours around Luko, Cumming going to Port. Port is the default club the media run to when rumour mongering because of the amount of players they have traded in. Its a safe bet.

This is how its likely played out.

Luko's manager has stated when asked by a professional rumour monger that he has been invited to tour Ports facility. This is before Houston confirmed he is staying, Port never really expressed any real interest. Ports main target was Pickett. Pickett has apparently all but stated he is leaving for WA if he moves so the media merely put two and two together and are stating Lukosius may go to Port. Its all on the back of Houston leaving.

Cumming is probably the same thing. Just an assumption based on touring Ports facility. Only Cumming cant nominate a club yet because his clubs in finals.

How is it that out of nowhere, five or so different people (both here and on the Cumming D&T thread) have suddenly said Port are favourites for Cumming, after he's been linked (both on here and in the media) mostly to us in the last week or two?

As sudden a narrative flip as I've seen

I'll never believe Sam Edmund again (then again, mistake was believing him in the first place)

How is it that out of nowhere, five or so different people (both here and on the Cumming D&T thread) have suddenly said Port are favourites for Cumming, after he's been linked (both on here and in the media) mostly to us in the last week or two?

I'll never believe Sam Edmund again (then again, mistake was believing him in the first place)
Well, Edmund said Dawson was Port Power bound so I'm not sure why you believe him in the first place??? Players can change their mind, he might have gotten a better offer from Port Power or the same offer and has chosen them as they are closer to the premiership.

Well, Edmund said Dawson was Port Power bound so I'm not sure why you believe him in the first place??? Players can change their mind, he might have gotten a better offer from Port Power or the same offer and has chosen them as they are closer to the premiership.
Stop making sense, I just want us to improve dammit :(

With Houston staying, I don't really see how Port find a way to fit these guys into the cap anyway. Word is Boak and Dixon will go around again (unless they win the Premiership, which might convince them to ride off I to the sunset) but neither of which I'd imagine are on massive coin anymore anyway. Rozee signed a new deal recently, and they've traded in first 22 guys recently, which would be paid decently as well. Or am I missing something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He met Nicks?

Port will always overpay to get the players they want, whether this be via salary or draft picks.

I have no doubt their salary structure is more tiered than ours, their bottom 10 players would be on next to nothing. That’s why they have little or no depth. On the other hand, ours is likely to be a lot flatter, rewarding players like Smith, Murphy etc. with far more $ than the market value.

Which strategy is better? Results suggest theirs.

Has respected ( in the know posters) stated this info or is it just a rumour that people are seeing/hearing? I don't want to jump at shadows, just yet.

How people on here jump at shadows and manage to be arguably semi functional humans is always fascinating to me.
IT’S A GAME OF FOOTBALL!!!
Stop partaking in the bull$hit media cycle circlejerk and the need to comment or vent on every single thought fart.

Everyones trying for ratings first. 90% of rumours in the media are all fake, designed for clickbait. By knowlingly linking Luko with Port it gets both Port and Crows fans jumping at the rumour. They did it with Dawson, I dont remember but probably even tried unsuccessfully to link Rankine. Basically every Crows target gets run through the going to Port rumour mill. Its only been fed because he hasnt run to the media yet requesting a trade.

Luko was never a definite recruit anyway. Which means they met but he is contracted. His management team have probably only in the last few days since his exit interview probably invited Port and the Crows to lodge offers and he was always going to tour both facilities. Port have all but ruled themselves out anyway. The link being with Houstons draft picks. Which they wont get and they almost certainly will not get approval to use next years future first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back