Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

pakwokab9ke11.gif

Meanwhile Port get 3 gun players in - Lukosius, Cumming and Perryman.
I’m very happy with getting ANB into the club

But 1) Roo drumming this up as some great announcement is hilarious, especially since it’s already been leaked
2) Port getting all of those guys while we just get ANB would be a disaster, in all forms

What a nothing announcement, we've known this for nearly a week already.

Typical of Roo to drum up excitement and then underdeliver.
Stand by for an announcement on Hentschels injury outcome

Would be good to see people spin the positive if that happened
I'll take a crack..

Luko: Soft, Jack Watts v2
Cummings: Injury prone
Perryman: Port overpaying for someone when they've already got Houston

FWIW I'd take any of them as they'd improve our team immediately. Hopefully the rumours Luko and Cummings choosing Port aren't true.

Are any of those guns?
That’s not really even the point

We’ve chased all three of those guys during this year, and clearly zoned in on two of them, yet they could all be deciding to go to little bro. What does that say about our ability to attract players?

And I know Port’s the more successful club right now, but if we say we’re going to be aggressive in attracting players, we need to act on that promise

I'll take a crack..

FWIW I'd take any of them as they'd improve our team immediately. Hopefully the rumours Luko and Cummings choosing Port aren't true.
Bullets dodged then

That’s not really even the point

We’ve chased all three of those guys during this year, and clearly zoned in on two of them, yet they could all be deciding to go to little bro. What does that say about our ability to attract players?

A strategy to rely largely on free agents as a club in our position was always going to be risky. Free agents don't come to bottom ranked teams. Bit of drinking our own bathwater thinking we'd waltz into finals and slurp up some free agents as we rise.

What's always available to us to bring in players is the draft though.

If our club had made finals or was on the cusp of making finals, and maybe if Nicks was rated in the AFL world, free agents might be arriving on our doorstep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take a crack..

Not too fussed about missing out on Perryman. Paying big dollars for a back pocket, a small upgrade on Chayce Jones, doesn't seem wise.

Cumming would be a big miss given our lack of half back and outside quality

Lukosius would be a good get but not for a first round pick

A strategy to rely largely on free agents as a club in our position was always going to be risky. Free agents don't come to bottom ranked teams. Bit of drinking our own bathwater thinking we'd waltz into finals and slurp up some free agents as we rise.

What's always available to us to bring in players is the draft though.

If our club had made finals or was on the cusp of making finals, and maybe if Nicks was rated in the AFL world, free agents might be arriving on our doorstep.
Didn’t we even promise that we’d go hard for FAs this year, even while we were performing terribly?

That goes beyond drinking our own bathwater - basically delusion

Didn’t we even promise that we’d go hard for FAs this year, even while we were performing terribly?

That goes beyond drinking our own bathwater - basically delusion

At the start of the season we said our picks would be on the table to bring in experienced players, in addition to being in the free agent market.

We've also clearly tried the last few years to bring in players like Redman, Hayward and Oliver

Hey everyone, I come in peace.

What's the go with Burgess? Can someone give me a rundown of what's going on from a Crows perspective?

May be delisted, if he is on a 1 year contract. It's unclear on how long his contract was.

Hey everyone, I come in peace.

What's the go with Burgess? Can someone give me a rundown of what's going on from a Crows perspective?
If you’re referring to Darren, sounds like Carlton offered a lot of money to lure him away but both Roo and himself say he’s staying at crows next year.

If you’re referring to Chris, he’s a gun and you’re free to take him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back