Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So it’s confirmed? Did he leave or was pushed?
Poached more likely if true.

Funnily enough the fitness guy he's supposedly replacing at Carlton Andrew Russell was also touted as a fitness guru after success at Premiership clubs during his stay, Essendon, Port Adelaide and Hawthorn, most would remember the coup Carlton thought they'd pulled off luring him from the Hawks.

When i heard the news of an announcement of a key off field departure, i kept refreshing my browser every few minutes waiting to see nicks' sacked....instead of that he is not sacked and one of the few highly valued people we had has pissed off instead..it feels like a double loss to me

Fun Facts with Grotto

Crows in the 4th QTR in 2024

W13 D1 L9 111%

Off an 8 win season...what do you think your little fun fact proves?

That other teams are that far ahead that they can lose a fourth qtr and it mean nothing to the result? Or that we only win them marginally and therefore it doesn't say much about a win/loss?

It didnt look that much like we overran our opponents much. Id want to see metrics that ACTUALLY meant anything about our 4th qtr fitness for it to mean anything.

To be clear, im very happy to back down when the data is presented as I'm only going off my own observations but the data you've presented condescendingly does nothing to prove the point you think it does.

To be clear I DONT want Burgess to leave but....where tf is that 4th qtr fitness we were all promised?
Serious ??? .....you expect 1st and 2nd year players to be running strongly in the 4th Qtr .....OMG

Soligo was completely fatigued 4 weeks ago

Oh No Lizard.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I remember correctly, I think Rendell had a plan to use the Bock compensation pick to get Viney in the mini draft, but the pick wasn’t as good as he’d anticipated and Viney only ever wanted to play for the Dees.
That’s correct, we spoke to Viney and his Dad and he was set on being a FS for the Dees who he had always adored.

Don't really care if we lose Burgess

1. Did we ever gain an actual on field advantage from having him? We minimized avoidable soft tissue injuries, but in terms of fitness we didn't appear any fitter than any other team. Certainly not like Melbourne under him during those premiership years. And I don't buy it's because we are young, our older players weren't exactly tearing up games late.

2. If the rumors of him being paid more than any one of our coaches is true, that never should have happened. No wonder we can't afford quality coaches if we're paying Burgess insane amounts of money. I wouldn't be surprised if we overpaid him to rid ourselves of the disaster that was Burton (and the Kangatech crap, separately).

3. Having an insanely expensive highly regarded fitness boss is what you add to your team as a cream on the top. We need to get the basics right first, like having a good coach, assistant coaches, fitness boss and list managers. If we need to spend more in those areas to get them right, and that means shedding the fitness guy, so be it.

4. Burgess seems like the sort of person that doesn't tolerate being at an unsuccessful club.

This is what I don’t understand about us and the AFL.

If he’s contracted, unless we can do better, tell him he’s staying until we replace him and then do that at an optimal time?

Not, we had no idea, the club getting him knew and had plenty of time to plan for it but we’ll just have to live with it and promote from within or the SANFL or one of Burtons mates.

Why is it never “ANNOUNCEMENT: X is leaving, will be replaced by Y immediately, we’re excited to add more experience”

Poached more likely if true.

Funnily enough the fitness guy he's supposedly replacing at Carlton Andrew Russell was also touted as a fitness guru after success at Premiership clubs during his stay, Essendon, Port Adelaide and Hawthorn, most would remember the coup Carlton thought they'd pulled off luring him from the Hawks.

Recent record is bad, but he did put curnow back together again

It could be an opportunity if it frees up the soft cap but then you have convince people to come and work under loser coach Matthew Nicks.

It could be an opportunity if it frees up the soft cap but then you have convince people to come and work under loser coach Matthew Nicks.

Same applies to the Burgess role really, would likely attract good people to work under him, to add that to their resume, who otherwise wouldn’t consider Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back