Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Said by someone that doesn’t live here.
If the answer was that simple Wayne wouldn’t have dodged dipped ducked dived and dodged backing up his claim.
Others non Adelaide dwellers are doing a pretty good job of backing me up .....I'll just sit back and observe

Wayne wouldn't be able to describe culture unless the AFC media team put out a press release explaining what it meant.
Melbourne FC obviously can't encapsulate what culture is ....and it's probably over your head ;)

Let's just say, it's like removing a cancer ....there's no half measures

This Gary Pert, has to go .....he was "sacked" by COLL ....he's a proven Maintenance Manager, that's all

Dear lord AFC please just give us a sniff of a rumour soon... This thread is 20+ pages deep in discussing city based culture!

Think of the Posters, Won't somebody please think of the Posters!
I'm not sure what this thread is supposed to be about ....seems a melting pot where topics from every other thread are thrown into the mix

Melbourne FC obviously can't encapsulate what culture is ....and it's probably over your head ;)

Let's just say, it's like removing a cancer ....there's no half measures

This Gary Pert, has to go .....he was "sacked" by COLL ....he's a proven Maintenance Manager, that's all
Not enough Claton Oliver leaving rumours.
Oliver to Adelaide would liven up the offseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After Port's performance on Thursday I think its even more unlikely that Luko will get anywhere near us (Im fine with that) Ports forward line was a shit show so surely Luko is in their sites.

Perryman to Port, Houston to whoever and use that inevitable first rounder for Luko just seems like a no brainer.

I just hope something happens sooner rather than later on that front so we can move on as I have no faith in our team that pick 4 wont be used in some capacity.

After Port's performance on Thursday I think its even more unlikely that Luko will get anywhere near us (Im fine with that) Ports forward line was a shit show so surely Luko is in their sites.

Perryman to Port, Houston to whoever and use that inevitable first rounder for Luko just seems like a no brainer.

I just hope something happens sooner rather than later on that front so we can move on as I have no faith in our team that pick 4 wont be used in some capacity.
I still think after Thursday night, Port are insane if they are shipping Houston as they had absolutely nothing from half back and Geelong strolled through there at will. Sure Perryman will help a bit, but they really need him AND Houston back there, not one for the other. Luko is likely to be available for their F1 or maybe a couple of 2nds, so they don't need to ship Houston either

Basically much easier draw, win most of the close games, less injuries, a couple of first team andditions and ORGANIC growth and we make finals next year.
That's what I said this year though.

And then we had a bunch of those who should have had the improvement regress, or be injured, and we gave out a bunch of games to underperforming elder players (Smith, I'm looking at you)... and I have no confidence that won't be repeated in 2025.

There are a lot of people who aren't interested in living in Adelaide, including those who know the city really well.

There aren't many areas that it beats Melbourne on, I don't think. Maybe traffic?
Depends on what you're into - it's mostly a subjective mix with some objective factors like career prospects that make up peoples opinion like location. I think Melbourne is a great city, I always enjoy my time there, but I prefer to live in Adelaide (I spent a few years in Melbourne). For me I like access to nature, I can whip up to the hills or get to the beach really quickly. I'm close to an international airport, we've got a good food scene (Melbourne is supreme, but we're pretty damn good) and there is enough going on if you know where to go (bands, entertainment etc).

I run my own business that allows me to work remotely...but if I was still in a corporate role in Adelaide, yep, definitely there are less opportunities compared to Sydney and Melbourne in general ...and I think a lot of migration happens because of career...and some young Adelaidians wanting to broaden their horizons (which is great). I think COVID has changed that somewhat, which is why we've seen people come back here over the last 4 years.

And it's not a small city thing for me - again purely subjective, but as far as big cities go, I would prefer to live in London or Athens over Melbourne (I've lived in both, I'm originally from the UK), and I know people would hate both those cities and would choose Melbourne instead. It's just #vibes for the most part. Out of all the cities in in Australia, I think Adelaide has the best mix of things but that's just me.

Last edited:
I still think after Thursday night, Port are insane if they are shipping Houston as they had absolutely nothing from half back and Geelong strolled through there at will. Sure Perryman will help a bit, but they really need him AND Houston back there, not one for the other. Luko is likely to be available for their F1 or maybe a couple of 2nds, so they don't need to ship Houston either
Replacing a need at half back is much easier than finding an answer up forward though.

Replacing a need at half back is much easier than finding an answer up forward though.
Yes it is...BUT...why replace something you already have that is regarded as superior and was shown up in a final how much you miss such a player in your side. Would Houston have changed the end result, no, but he would have helped port stem the tide

Bailey Smith has requested a trade. Has not named a club yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back