Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 162 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot went wrong this year as we know but I think a lot of the problems started last year

Losing McAdam and Doedee, having no Murray and Schoenberg, and Jones coming off a serious Lisfranc was a much underrated issue to start our season. All of those 5 best 25 last year (we talk about our poor depth this year)
Then lose Thilthorpe pre season - Pedlar and Milera by round 3, Tex’s back at the start of the season

We started well behind. Our list management guys sat still last year and if you sit still you are going backwards in this league.
Hopefully we have learnt from that and bring in 2-3 guys first 18, then get a much healthier list to start the season (appears only Butts will be hampered)
Depth should be much much better

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Its true there were some games where i reckon we only had 11-12 of our best 22

BUT selection is still indefensible and was puke throughout the year, and the lack of oppo prep evident in many games.

We will back ourselves in surely doesnt work consistently-you need to plot how to win week to week alla chris scott.

We are not out of the luko race. He's just waiting on an offer on port to make a decision.

I wouldn't make a decision without having both offers in front of me.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
If I was Luko and a club hadn’t made an offer yet, I’d be wondering how keen they were.

If I was Luko and a club hadn’t made an offer yet, I’d be wondering how keen they were.
Given their draft hand they probably can't offer anything concrete until finals are over and they get an official move on Houston + other free agent decisions.

I think if they miss out on Perryman/Cumming then they'll stand pat with Houston. If they get one then he's off and that's when they can offer Luko a solid deal. He won't agree to a move unless he's sure a deal gets done.

Given their draft hand they probably can't offer anything concrete until finals are over and they get an official move on Houston + other free agent decisions.

I think if they miss out on Perryman/Cumming then they'll stand pat with Houston. If they get one then he's off and that's when they can offer Luko a solid deal. He won't agree to a move unless he's sure a deal gets done.
Given port's performance last week surely they'd be reconsidering letting Houston go, he's worth more in 2025 than any draftee.

If Houston does go, I don't expect Port will part with the pick they get for anyone. From everything I've read, Port are comfortable with Houston going as they want to get back in the draft.

If Houston does go, I don't expect Port will part with the pick they get for anyone. From everything I've read, Port are comfortable with Houston going as they want to get back in the draft.
If they get back into this year's draft, they'd be looking to trade out their future first I'd imagine.

Or package that up to get in ahead of us for Draper who was the guy they really wanted
You know this how?

Just because he's a SA lad doesn't mean they would necessarily take him ahead of several others.

Given port's performance last week surely they'd be reconsidering letting Houston go, he's worth more in 2025 than any draftee.
Would be interesting if he does. Would mean they’d have to keep their 2025 1st, and assuming they’re decent again, it would most likely take them out of the NWM race, if that becomes a thing

You know this how?

Just because he's a SA lad doesn't mean they would necessarily take him ahead of several others.
Just what I heard from a port mate who has been in and around that club for many years and knows a few people and its more that I have heard that really like Draper so I am spitballing they might be bold to try and get him

Or package that up to try to get in ahead of us for Draper who was the guy they really wanted
that was only possible to get ahead of us if they were getting melbournes first for houston otherwise cant see them getting to pick 1,2,3 no matter what so i won't stress

What if Battle gets st kilda band 1. Thats pick 8. North might take that and an f1 in an even draft at the top end?

Any list manager that takes pick 8 and pick 10-18 for pick 2 needs to be shot out of a cannon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any list manager that takes pick 8 and pick 10-18 for pick 2 needs to be shot out of a cannon.
Depends if port could hook up a multi club if their f1 gets a player north may want. Many ways to skin that cat ..remember how they got JHF with their draft hand?

I just would not be ruling them out at this stage thats all

Not necessarily depending how they rate the 1 player at pick 2 and how high they rate the 2 players they think will be available at at 8 and 10 -18 especially if that 2nd pick is closer to 10 than 18. This draft is the kind of draft where that may be a reasonable option especially for a club in rebuild mode.

Cost of living, beaches, hills - if you want a view Melbourne doesn't really have that.
Weather - Adelaide's weather is marginally better, especially during Winter.
Wine regions nearby

Personally ilprrfer the more relaxed lifestyle, although i get that's not necessarily a positive for everyone especially people in their 20s

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back