Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 162 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard we've got a deal 6+ year deal in front of him

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Shocked Gif GIF

Sure. But we can always say, "good luck keeping Mac Andrew next year then".

Aaaaaand GC come to the table.
And casually also let it drop that we like Lombard as well and would love to see him in our Midfield...now we can bid on him at 4 and you can burn your pick 6 matching...OR, Luko and his contract can come to us for a small price of a future 2nd rounder. Call it extortion if you like ;)

Rumour was Dixon will retire boak to play on again next season

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Dixon is cooked, so surely he doesn't go on.

Boak was actually one of their better players against the Hawks, but has he got another season in him? Probably worth keeping given they have plenty of ordinary players on their list.

I agree about other areas of the field, but there is an argument after watching their much vaunted midfield get belted Thursday night, that apart from JHF, they are still thin on the ground and the extra top end mid might be a difference maker for them. Now their interest in Draper very much predates last Thursday, but that might have sharpened their minds even more if they feel that Rozee is not the answer in the middle and would be that crafty forward they are crying out for
Yeah fair enough. I think they need to go hard at key position players myself but can see an argument for them to bring in another quality mid.

Good point. Everyone talks about their 3 elite mids but JHF feels like the only totally reliable one going forward. Rozee apparently 7 underwhelming finals performances in a row according to one of their posters. Just not a traditional Port Adelaide type captain and I wouldn’t be totally surprised to see him move aside for JHF over the next 1-2 years. He is SOFT and pretty players aren’t what September success is built on

Rankine>>>>>>>>>Rozee
You can't say that about Rankine.... Has he even played a finals yet?

You can't say that about Rankine.... Has he even played a finals yet?
Sorry to be clear I am saying Rankine will be a far greater player than Rozee over their respective careers. IMO

Rankine couldn’t have played finals as both GC and Crows haven’t played finals obviously since he was drafted

Sorry to be clear I am saying Rankine will be a far greater player than Rozee over their respective careers. IMO

Rankine couldn’t have played finals as both GC and Crows haven’t played finals obviously since he was drafted
impartials like david king already think rankine is miles ahead of rozee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point. Everyone talks about their 3 elite mids but JHF feels like the only totally reliable one going forward. Rozee apparently 7 underwhelming finals performances in a row according to one of their posters. Just not a traditional Port Adelaide type captain and I wouldn’t be totally surprised to see him move aside for JHF over the next 1-2 years. He is SOFT and pretty players aren’t what September success is built on

Rankine>>>>>>>>>Rozee
Jhf going to be a great player for sure but not sure why everyone is saying he was great last week. 16 posessions 8 clangers most after the game was over. Thought he was poor. Maybe it's just because everyone else for port was worse?

Jhf going to be a great player for sure but not sure why everyone is saying he was great last week. 16 posessions 8 clangers most after the game was over. Thought he was poor. Maybe it's just because everyone else for port was worse?
Agreed. I didn’t say he was great but at least he tried and is hard at it. Likely to win a B/low one day IMO as a Danger / Buckley clone

Apart from Bergman, he was the only other player trying to get the game on Ports terms - crashing in and bursting away from the contest and trying to be a threat when up forward, he was good or as good as could be expected without any real help

Supposedly he had a bad back and was iffy to play, which is why he spent so long on the bench at times. Same with Aliir, didn't want to play cause he was hurt and got told he's playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back