Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 162 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, still not sure where he fits. He isn't a better interceptor than Worrell, probably 3rd best KPD.. Can we play him & worrell given Worrell's athletic abilities?

Our best defense is Murray, Keane and Worrell

Fantastic news to secure him, massive upside , great hands.
His clangers and frees against are down from his first season which should continue with
his learning and game plan / skills should be at at trajectory off the charts as he has only held a footy for three years.

Injury prone is the concern on Butts which is why I'm comfortable with the Keane re-signing.
I’m comfortable with the re-signing but when it comes to the better actual defender it’s Butts. Amartey isn’t kicking 9 on Butts.

Somehow if Butts is available they’ll need to be able to fit in Butts, Murray, Keane and Worrell as all are worthy of playing. Keane and Worrell are attacking and mobile so should be able to manage it.

Injury prone is the concern on Butts which is why I'm comfortable with the Keane re-signing.
I thought the same but worth noting he has played 73 games in 4 seasons out of a maximum 90. Murray has played 55 in the same time. I have no easy way of looking at who was injured / dropped.

Edit- Murray has played 15 SANFL games in that time & Butts 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butts is our best big stopper though

I think if we're relying on a defender whose only major strength is 1-v-1 defending, our defensive system has failed

Butts is a fine player, but he's a bit old school. AFL these days is a lot about forcing poor entries into defense, mopping it up and creating attack from there

I think if we're relying on a defender whose only major strength is 1-v-1 defending, our defensive system has failed

Butts is a fine player, but he's a bit old school. AFL these days is a lot about forcing poor entries into defense, mopping it up and creating attack from there
Remember Amartey? Our coaches aren’t smart enough to not have a stopper.

Can we safely say Borlase is goneski now?
Looks that way now as with Murray, Keane, Worrell, Butts we have our 4 key backs with both Worrell and Keane able to play intercept. If we end up with injury to a few of them, Hinge can also assume the 3rd man up role as he has done before so we are covered. I genuinely feel for Borlase as he has been solid every time he has been called on and not done much wrong and whilst it may be unlikely, I hope he gets a new home int he AFL if delisted.

Agreed. I think we play one of Murray/Butts.

Well, we only had one of them at the time.

I don't hate the idea of starting your rebuild with the major key position players. It worked for Hawthorn, and the opposite hasn't for North. We just chose the wrong guy.
It has? They wasted a top pick on a defender as well, their key defenders are Sicily and Frost and are now bringing in Barrass.

What happens when we play the dogs and are up against Darcy (If he can work out how to kick), he is 206cms, without Butts Wooz is our tallest at 195, giving up 11 cms is a big disadvantage. Other options are 194cms and then there's the HE ISN'T A KEY DEFENDER that is 197

Edit- He is actually 209.5cms! WTF

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back