Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 162 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm okay with signing Keane but I doubt he makes it to the end of 2028 with us.

While I'm happy to keep him I did see an opportunity to improve our draft hand with ejther him or Berry but I don't think there was a heap of interest.
Berry was the one we should have tried to move on if we could.

What happens when we play the dogs and are up against Darcy (If he can work out how to kick), he is 206cms, without Butts Wooz is our tallest at 195, giving up 11 cms is a big disadvantage. Other options are 194cms and then there's the HE ISN'T A KEY DEFENDER that is 197

Edit- He is actually 209.5cms! WTF
Crows website has Butts at only 195cm, that doesn't seem right??

1725937564245.png

the club has not confirmed that
I would have thought the Borlaise re-signing wouldn't happen until the Keane Contract had been finalised

Our best defense is Murray, Keane and Worrell
I still lean towards Butts over Keane but in 2023 Collingwood showed that 2 less defensively accountable key backs (Worrell & Keane/Moore & Howe) can hold up so long as there’s a defensive beast (Murray/Murphy) holding accountability.

The latest whispers from West Lakes.

The Good News; We will take pick 4, pick 25 and pick 42 to the draft. We expect Welsh will be (well) below pick 25 so pick 4, pick 25 and Welsh.

The Bad News;
Oliver - No
Pickett - No
Petracca - Never in the hunt
Lukosius - No
Rosas - No
Perryman - No
Cumming - No

The Ugly;
Only 4 changes to the list
Keane (R) - Gone
Parnell (R) - Gone
Hamill (R) - Gone
McHenry - Gone
No trade interest in Gollant, Berry, Schoenberg and Himmelberg. Gollant and Himmelberg move to the Rookie list on a 1 year contract.

The Diabolical;
Melbourne still want pick 25 for ANB but we are holding firm. Collingwood won’t give up pick 32 for Keane and are offering pick 42. We might have to give up our F2 for ANB. Worst case scenario is the ANB deal falls through and we keep Ned on the list for another year.

Uncontracted players (Parnell, Hamill, Gollant, Himmelberg, Burgess and McHenry) are trying to find another club but some might get a 1 year contract from us if nothing else falls our way during the trade period.

Aren’t you embarrassed to post this stuff like you have any idea. You are already wrong on Keane and trade period hasn’t even started yet.

FFS (I'm being nice) ....he's played just 28 games of Aussie Rules Football .....what did you expect, a finished product

Does not the improvement in year 2 on year 1, give you any clues
This is such an unnecessary amount of snark given what I posted.

I don't think it's a matter of experience. It's just the style of player he is. I think Keane's strengths are that he's great at intercepting and has good skills and takes attacking options. When he's allowed to play that role, he's a solid A grader. I don't think he'll ever be a dour, accountable defender and we shouldn't try to turn him into that. It's easier said than done though when half your backline is out with injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens when we play the dogs and are up against Darcy (If he can work out how to kick), he is 206cms, without Butts Wooz is our tallest at 195, giving up 11 cms is a big disadvantage. Other options are 194cms and then there's the HE ISN'T A KEY DEFENDER that is 197

Edit- He is actually 209.5cms! WTF
Bloke will be unstoppable next year.
Every team will need a Mac Andrew type to stop him kicking a bag.

Big win for us. Keane is a young KPD that has barely played 30 games, but is a great interceptor, attacking defender, good athletic profile and has plenty of scope to improve.

He's the prototype modern defender in the AFL and I'd have been pretty gutted if he left

I'm not sure he plays in our first choice team, so it's a big extension for what is currently a depth player. And then there's the absolute stupidity of extending Borlase for a further 2 years.

Aren’t you embarrassed to post this stuff like you have any idea. You are already wrong on Keane and trade period hasn’t even started yet.
CG’s whispers haven’t started too well have they.

Most of the predictions were obvious - no Petracca, Pickett, Perryman etc

But let’s see if NO to Luko, Rosas and Cummin. Likely only getting one IMO anyway along with ANB.

And other predictions Berg and Gollant to rookie list

Good to see posters put genuine stuff out there but if it’s substantially wrong there is no integrity for “inside word” going forward.

So if we assume Borlase has signed for another 2 years, Keane has signed until 2028, Worrell signed until 2027, Murray signed until the end of next year and Butts until end of 2026..

IMO we are either playing all 4 in our best team.... or moving one of Butts (most likely) or Muzz on. Why would those guys all be happy to be competing for their spot? Imagine Keane has signed on as a best 22 player, Worrell the same and they were both recent signings. Imagine Muzz & Butts were signed under the same condition. Something has to give.

The best teams move players out when they have reached max value, that could be butts this year? Pies need a KPD, Dogs, Saints?. I'm sure I've missed a few

So if we assume Borlase has signed for another 2 years, Keane has signed until 2028, Worrell signed until 2027, Murray signed until the end of next year and Butts until end of 2026..

IMO we are either playing all 4 in our best team.... or moving one of Butts (most likely) or Muzz on. Why would those guys all be happy to be competing for their spot? Imagine Keane has signed on as a best 22 player, Worrell the same and they were both recent signings. Imagine Muzz & Butts were signed under the same condition. Something has to give.
My guess would be if we're keeping Borlase it's on minimum chips as a solid defender to keep in the SANFL to help there, who can also fill in if we get super desperate for our main side.

I don't necessarily see the need to give him 2 years though as I can't imagine there's a huge market for him and he may not want to uproot his life for the same opportunity we're presenting him.

I'm not sure he plays in our first choice team, so it's a big extension for what is currently a depth player. And then there's the absolute stupidity of extending Borlase for a further 2 years.
please point me to the borlase extension. can you please send me the link

My guess would be if we're keeping Borlase it's on minimum chips as a solid defender to keep in the SANFL to help there, who can also fill in if we get super desperate for our main side.

I don't necessarily see the need to give him 2 years though as I can't imagine there's a huge market for him and he may not want to uproot his life for the same opportunity we're presenting him.
arent the sanfl changing the rules so we can get previously listed AFL players for the sanfl top ups? maybe borlase is as you suggest and not on the AFL list

That's the part with Borlase that doesn't make sense to me. Why would we give him 2 years (again assuming this info is correct) to be our 4th/5th best KPD option

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back