Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 162 81.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on. Wasn’t everyone in here last week declaring he’d walked out on the club, disgusted with the treatment of Rachelr or some such BS? It was all Nicks fault, apparently.
That's how I remember it too .....oh, and Rachele couldn't possibly stay after his treatment

I'm still waiting for the mass exodus, given our no-hoper Coach is going no-where with this team.....hangon....seems everyone wants to stay, and lets see how many new players want to come

Some people just can't read the signs

Last edited:
That's how I remember it too .....oh, and Rachele couldn't possibly stay after his treatment

I'm still waiting for the mass exodus, given our no-hoper Coach is going no-where .....hangon....seems everyone wants to stay, and lets see how many new players want to come

Some people just can't read the signs
its good theres been no exodus but we will not be landing a big fish

we tried all that through the season like gulden, day and co and it went nowhere 😂

its good theres been no exodus but we will not be landing a big fish

we tried all that through the season like gulden, day and co and it went nowhere 😂
Apart from the fact BF goes nuts over the slightest suggestion of a big fish .....for most Clubs, they're few & far between

Who was Ports last Big Fish ?

None of those you mentioned were ever coming to Adelaide .....Day has far more emotional ties to HAW than Adelaide

You have to factor in the enormous amount of high rise apartments built in Melb over the last 20 years .....huge population living on the fringe of the city, who use the city services

The WFH craze has dissipated, not in all industry sectors mind you .....I had this argument with my Son-In-Law, who vehemently said it was here to stay a few years back .....I said give it 2-3 years, and office working will return, and yes everyday now, more employers are getting employees back to the office ...2 days, 3 days and creeping to 4 days

Last I heard, Melb CBD office occupation levels were almost back to pre-covid levels ....around 70%, which is normal
“I won’t backup my culture comment because bigfooty isn’t the right place” you’re so full of shit Wayne 😂

Free agents is why geelong are abke to stay top... They keep signing them as well as getting free handouts from other clubs.

It helps that they have the best coach in the league and a stable and extremely competent administration. That's what makes you a destination club - the whole package.

Just think, Sando was interviewed at the same time for that job, joining us one year. Meanwhile Scott is still their coach.

Hope he does choose the Gold Coast over the Cats & would be a good pick up for then. Would give them a gun midfield group.

Also, means Suns would need to move Lukosius on for sure... though Port still in the mix.
Where is there any credible talk about Smith to GC? Or a BF rumour only?

They have a top 10 ish prospect to draft and will need to give up 1 or 2 firsts for Rioli and also get the deal for Noble done. Almost impossible to see them also getting Smith on big $$ with their plethora of other hugely talented youngsters needing to be retained

Is this actually in the media somewhere and I have missed it?

Where is there any credible talk about Smith to GC? Or a BF rumour only?

They have a top 10 ish prospect to draft and will need to give up 1 or 2 firsts for Rioli and also get the deal for Noble done. Almost impossible to see them also getting Smith on big $$ with their plethora of other hugely talented youngsters needing to be retained

Is this actually in the media somewhere and I have missed it?
There isn't, all media talk is on Geelong, from day 1 it was Geelong, my suspicion is he will land in...Geelong.

Funny though media is talking up how the AFL are going to run a fine toothed comb over any sponsorship deal he gets...that comb will have as many teeth as a Port supporters mouth

Oh, you mean like Rankine and Dawson ;)
Don't be a dick, you bloated your chest and were told you were wrong...again.

People with any sort of self awareness would just accept it but you are seriously the worst troll on this board. If you weren't a moderator I am pretty sure the majority of us would have you on ignore.

thats just international students lining up at those noodle and bubble tea places

the after work crowds in melbs just arent there because people WFH. bit busier on a sat night but not that nice. it used to be safe at night not that safe any more.... anyway i digress

sure when footy is on its crazy busy but thats it. and you can have that in adelaide anyway. im lucky i float back and forth following where adelaide plays so I see both very regularly.
It's mostly white people and I'm never there when the footy is on (I go for work). Not just China town. Pubs and bars are always busy even when I've gone out into the inner suburbs.

Whenever I'm there it seems as bustling as ever and I don't even like bustling so I've got no reason to be biased towards it. Part of me wishes it was actually dead.

It's mostly white people and I'm never there when the footy is on (I go for work). Not just China town. Pubs and bars are always busy even when I've gone out into the inner suburbs.

Whenever I'm there it seems as bustling as ever and I don't even like bustling so I've got no reason to be biased towards it. Part of me wishes it was actually dead.
Nights, and especially weekends are very busy. Weekdays in the CBD are quieter than pre-Covid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the fact BF goes nuts over the slightest suggestion of a big fish .....for most Clubs, they're few & far between

Who was Ports last Big Fish ?

None of those you mentioned were ever coming to Adelaide .....Day has far more emotional ties to HAW than Adelaide
some will disagree with this but getting dixon in his prime was a good get and probably their best get of this era. you right that havent had many - they are all b, c, d graders mostly c and d

but we should benchmark geelong not port.

now youve hit on something else inner city suburbs are way busier and better than the cbd. im referring to the cbd.

ps bubble tea is bloody everywhere not just chinatown

but given you only visit i guarantee you would change your thoughts if you'd lived here for last 30 years and seen the dramatic decline

some will disagree with this but getting dixon in his prime was a good get and probably their best get of this era. you right that havent had many - they are all b, c, d graders mostly c and d

but we should benchmark geelong not port.
Which flies in the face of "why would anyone go to a small city" ....GEEL can attract players, and it's not as it used to be, a quick trip down the highway from Melbourne

Adelaide is just an hours flight to Melb ?

Anecdotally, it seems Geel players are not harassed / gold fished as they are in Adelaide ....I think the Tippett story clearly demonstrated that

now youve hit on something else inner city suburbs are way busier and better than the cbd. im referring to the cbd.

ps bubble tea is bloody everywhere not just chinatown

but given you only visit i guarantee you would change your thoughts if you'd lived here for last 30 years and seen the dramatic decline
I'm talking city. Anyway, maybe it's statistically down but it's far from dead. Unless everyone rolls out coincidentally when I'm here.

People say the same about adelaide cbd, but I noticed barely any change pre and post covid and I go in every day. The spots in Adelaide that have always been busy are still busy or at least very far from dead.

Can we clean up this thread please. I keep coming to the thread thinking there's a rumour only to read about fracking people lining up for ramen.

I have nothing against ramen btw but I'd like real rumours please.
Sad dare to dream.gif

Despite having a new name, I am a previous poster that got slammed to share insight and rumours.

Most gossip is 3rd hand rumours that can't be confirmed as truth. However, I try to share a consolidated assumption of the pieces of information that come to the table to add to a discussion whilst we all await for off-season actual outcomes.

The list:
1. The AFC are looking to add maturity to our SANFL program to help development, I assume some desisted mature players.
2. The AFC highest priority is adding a top-level midfielder to the list, C.Oliver is a name I have heard is not just media spin.
4. There is interest in an Essendon young midfielder but Richmond in a better box seat but in general Essendon gets mentioned a fair bit (Unsure why).
5. Mark Keane 5 year deal on table

On SM-T636B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mark Keane ended up with 3 year deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back