Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird. Himmelberg seems like the exactly sort of player Hardwick wouldn't rate at all
The only reason I could see Berg being enticing is because the Suns are going to be so top heavy with Salary soon, they will likely need to start picking up ultra cheap options/multiple position players under the promise of 'Years'.

In the NFL they call that the Stars and Scrubs roster strategy. Spend 75% of your salary cap on 25% of your list. And top up the rest with draft picks and multi position cheap journeymen.

Hopefully forms some ammo in a Lukosius / Rosas deal.

More than happy to see EH go, but we definitely need to draft another back-up ruck this year.
hes an UFA so it wont form part of any deal as far as I can see

he is free to do as he pleases

He should be off the list
I ain't disagreeing, I think even his one time fans have come to that realisation that he just hasn't got the tank or strength to go with AFL rucks.....Mostly dominant in the SANFL but AFL level he ain't.

Interesting, first of all, I don't rate him but cheap ruckman / key forwards are hard to find. He is a better backup than Burgess who can't really ruck. He is a known quantity who has had AFL conditioning.

I'd be surprised if he is not on a list somewhere in 2025.
No doubt he will be on a list.

I would rather keep him and delist Strachan and Burgess.

Then bring in a proper Ruck.

Hberg is the best back up out of Strachan/Burgess/Hberg.

TMurray a good Forward who can Ruck a bit project.

Bring in a similar aged pure Ruck as a project.

Yep, the second time he'd kicked more than 2 goals in a game. Never done it since.

Maybe it's like a Brett Turner situation. Plays a blinder against you well above the norm so you suddenly start rating them
Shit. Watch us give up pick 4 for Amartey.

Interesting, first of all, I don't rate him but cheap ruckman / key forwards are hard to find. He is a better backup than Burgess who can't really ruck. He is a known quantity who has had AFL conditioning.

I'd be surprised if he is not on a list somewhere in 2025.
Yeah, my preference is to keep Berg as handy depth.

Burgess needs to go as not up to AFL level.

We have T Murray... but should be then looking to bring in a genuine ready 2nd ruck option & delisting Strachan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF Luko is convinced to come to us, we could work it like this?

GC - (Himmelberg as free agent) + pick 25 + pick 42
Crows - Lukosius + Band 5 compo
That's a poor deal for us.

Jay Clark adamant last night on MMM in Melbourne that Lukosius and Cumming to the Crows. He’s not the first journo to be confident on this either, Sam Edmund and Cal Twomey have said this for a while too. Either they’re all getting fed bad info, or these deals are already a long way down the line.
Whilst it would be mainly guesswork, bringing in Cumming, ANB & Lukosius would be a decent haul for us. Would like Rosas too.

we may still delist strachan and pay him out. he clearly cant be picked at afl level again
Absolutely... as he is just taking up a spot.

We need to bring in another genuine ruck option.

Whilst it would be mainly guesswork, bringing in Cumming, ANB & Lukosius would be a decent haul for us. Would like Rosas too.
cumming luko ANB all make best 22

rosas doesnt

anyway i cant see how we could have the list spots even delisting strachan if bond is staying (although like borlase i believe it when the club announces it)

Absolutely... as he is just taking up a spot.

We need to bring in another genuine ruck option.
What about Toby Murray? 201cm, and built like a... Well built like a lad from the Murray family!

I saw him live in the Bulldogs curtain raiser against the Bloods, and thought he moved really well up close. I'm keen to get him in the ruck mix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back