Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting, first of all, I don't rate him but cheap ruckman / key forwards are hard to find. He is a better backup than Burgess who can't really ruck. He is a known quantity who has had AFL conditioning.

I'd be surprised if he is not on a list somewhere in 2025.
Imho, Toby Murray should be in front of the Berg and Burgess as a backup Ruck/Forward. Some people are very hopeful that Chris Burgess will be playing in the red and black next year.

Jay Clark adamant last night on MMM in Melbourne that Lukosius and Cumming to the Crows. He’s not the first journo to be confident on this either, Sam Edmund and Cal Twomey have said this for a while too. Either they’re all getting fed bad info, or these deals are already a long way down the line.
Is there a clip of this somewhere?

On gettable cal towmey said pick 25 for ANB done deal.....I'm not happy about that.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seems about the expected price for a contracted ANB, seeing it's similar to the Taylor Adams deal for Sydney last year. Just to pick on someone recent who was 28--29, been a long-term mainstay and moving clubs to fill a 4th-6th forward role.

Seems about the expected price for a contracted ANB, seeing it's similar to the Taylor Adams deal for Sydney last year.
Decent difference between 33 and 25, especially in a draft like this where the depth into the 20’s/30’s is stronger than most years

Decent difference between 33 and 25, especially in a draft like this where the depth into the 20’s/30’s is stronger than most years

Not really. Both are second round picks (plus we're dealing with a contracted player whereas Adams was uncontracted).

It's not 12 and 5 kind of difference where you're expecting some form of quality drop off between the two picks.

Apart from the fact BF goes nuts over the slightest suggestion of a big fish .....for most Clubs, they're few & far between

Who was Ports last Big Fish ?

None of those you mentioned were ever coming to Adelaide .....Day has far more emotional ties to HAW than Adelaide
JHF? Pretty big I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burns you would expect would be gone.

Probably Godden too.

But when the senior coach is inadequate, we are just delaying the inevitable unless we have a Carr scenario.
At the very least, godden and burns out, betters us.

So it’s ANB for McAdam (25 is the pick we got for him).
Sounds like a win
Well technically Melbourne got McAdam a year earlier.

Its not our fault they broke him.

So it’s ANB for McAdam (25 is the pick we got for him).
Sounds like a win

No, this is throwing our win in the bin. Its clear the top 30 in this draft is strong, we are throwing away a potential 12-14 year player for a 29 year old who has never been close to AA. ANB is a good player but hes 29. They have no leverage, he has to come home for family reasons. We are so dumb.

No, this is throwing our win in the bin. Its clear the top 30 in this draft is strong, we are throwing away a potential 12-14 year player for a 29 year old who has never been close to AA. ANB is a good player but hes 29. They have no leverage, he has to come home for family reasons. We are so dumb.
write that in your member survey comments like I did about never wanting to see murphy play again or I expect a phone call

write that in your member survey comments like I did about never wanting to see murphy play again or I expect a phone call
The AFC reading the member survey comments:

the-it-crowd-moss.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back