Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's 25 for ANB and 38 coming back, and then we trade Gold Coast (F2 + 38 + 42) for (Luko + 20) I will be fine with that.

4, 20, Luko, ANB with F1 intact is fine by me.

Remember GC won't be able to use 20 and 26 so they're going to have to trade them out.

That seems pretty generous by Gold Coast.

I'm not convinced they have to get rid of Luko's salary. The only salary of substance they're adding next year is Rioli, as Mac Andrew was already signed for next year.

Last edited:
That seems pretty generous by Gold Coast.

I'm not convionced they have to get rid of Luko's salary. The only salary of substance they're adding next year is Rioli, as Mac Andrew was already signed for next year.
Mac Andrew was already signed for next year but is new contract would mean he is getting paid more next year too.

Completely different source, not the original reliable source that he's waiting for a contract offer from Port.

The guy is a Port fan, but he told me about the Houston to carlton well before the media started running with it, so I think it might be worth posting.

• Perryman & Lukosius will be at Port next year.
  • Soldo to GC.
  • Marshall to GWS.
  • Dixon obviously will retire.
  • Ken won’t be their next year.
  • Buckley as director of football for port
  • Houston to Carlton, deal involving Richmond's first rounder.

If that plays out, Port would get luko and draper.

The Trade period feels like a showdown.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Completely different source, not the original reliable source that he's waiting for a contract offer from Port.

The guy is a Port fan, but he told me about the Houston to carlton well before the media started running with it, so I think it might be worth posting.

• Soldo to GC.
  • Marshall to GWS.

Richmond aren't giving up 1 unless its for 2,3 and 8. Any picks Port do get for Houston will be after 4.

Not sure how Port get into the 2/3 pick from North or WCE.

Last edited:

• Soldo to GC.
  • Marshall to GWS.

The Trade period feels like

That sounds like a PAPs fan's wet dream.

I could have told you Houston to Carlton, just based on who has the draft picks to get something done.

Ugh. Hate that.

42 and F3 for ANB.

F2 for Luko - I'd even do F1 for Luko and 20, or F1 and 25 for Luko and 13.
I just think there is more to it then the classic homesickness that most other players give.

We do have them essentially bent over at this point but at the same time I'd say there might be some good faith between parties.

But if you do the Luko deal first like most things we can't give what we don't have.

• Soldo to GC.
  • Marshall to GWS.

If this DOES* happen, then it appears it could be another disaster of a summer for the Crows; that's proactive footy department management.

exactly they're arguing over tictacs
Incorrect

Yes its said every year but this year is indeed a unicorn where top 30 all have their suitors

Next year maybe not so

It is better to have tradeable capital now rather than give it away

• Soldo to GC.
  • Marshall to GWS.

If that Buckley is supposed to be Nathan Buckley, then that won't happen, casting a lot of doubt over the rest of these predictions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont see buckley leaving his media gig unless it's ridiculous afl backed money like the tassie job or something. doesnt seem interested at all in returning to football, and especially uprooting his life and moving interstate.

• Soldo to GC.
  • Marshall to GWS.

Glaring error shows this info for what it is

• Soldo to GC.
  • Marshall to GWS.

hes pulling your leg. none of this is happening. its his fantasy

If that's true how are we getting reamed for a player that wants to come here for personal reasons. Almost impossible to do worse in that trade. Doesn't fit our list profile at all.
i think he does.

His team first approach and leadership will be a positive.

He is quick and can front and square and can kick goals. We lack small to medium class forwards when Rankine goes into middle.

A good get

So we traded a 20 yo talented Jack Gunston for pick 24, 1st major deal of the trade period as we like to be nice to the vultures feeding on us.
That's just one of the easy handovers we've done.

Pick 25 for a 29 yo ANB?
Nice player but no gun. Not many years left..
Go on AFC..

So we traded a 20 yo talented Jack Gunston for pick 24, 1st major deal of the trade period as we like to be nice to the vultures feeding on us.

Pick 25 for a 29 yo ANB?
Go on AFC..
We have been in 4 finals series in 15 years. Complete mystery as to why.

Pick 25 for a 29 yo ANB?
Go on AFC..
Look, I like to beat up on the club as much as anyone else, but do we really believe this.

It feels like every year there’s some hand wringing that happens in the lead up to trade week that doesn’t come to fruition.

• Soldo to GC.
  • Marshall to GWS.

how would Richmond's first be involved in a trade between carlton and port?

it would probably need to be pick 1 for port to get Draper, and I cannot think of a single scenario where pick 1 ends up at port.

Arguably the best option out of those three is the one who is willing to accept a league minimum contract for another year at the club. After all, Burgess and Himmelberg are about the same, quality wise, seeing they're capable in a pinch, but without any genuine potential to push for a starting position.

Seeing if you took this year, you're getting 1 goal per game and 4.9 hitouts from Burgess and 0.9 goals and 3.8 hitouts from Himmelberg.
Agree with that idea however EH is way better in ruck than the other two

Look, I like to beat up on the club as much as anyone else, but do we really believe this.

It feels like every year there’s some hand wringing that happens in the lead up to trade week that doesn’t come to fruition.

Twomey normally has a good read on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back