Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The years are kind of irrelevant. What is GC willing to accept to get his contract off their books and accommodate Mac Andrew?
I mean, it’s relevant in that it’s a factor for him (theoretically) choosing us over Port

But yeah, hopefully the Mac contract has put some pressure on their cap

Im getting a migraine now and the trade period hasnt even begun.

It should have always been a F2.

FFS we bend over happily and take it always.

The fact that Melbourne accept it straight away means that shouldn’t be where we start.
He better be playing for Pizza Hut vouchers.

Yeah I know he’s a random, at least he’s not pulling a source out of his arse I guess?

Will see, every club has dollars and can put years on contract but the hard question is how a deal gets done without overpaying in picks.

I think that's the hold up, he doesn't want to nominate a club until GC and whoever agrees.

So we traded a 20 yo talented Jack Gunston for pick 24, 1st major deal of the trade period as we like to be nice to the vultures feeding on us.
That's just one of the easy handovers we've done.

Pick 25 for a 29 yo ANB?
Nice player but no gun. Not many years left..
Go on AFC..
Superman, laundry day etc

He's 29 next year and we are bottom four. Just taking a list spot from someone young. Think it's delusional that he will push Murphy out
Look I don’t think a relatively quick rise up the ladder is insurmountable, if we bring in and play the right players

Problem is, it’s a safe bet that we won’t

Gee we would want to get something back if you suggesting a swap.

View attachment 2107762
Not suggesting a swap at all ... just wondering why any ruck would look at AFC when ROB is in the picture.

ROB leaving would make sense for other to consider us.

Personally - cannot stand a ruckman that cannot play football in the 22.

I mean, it’s relevant in that it’s a factor for him (theoretically) choosing us over Port

But yeah, hopefully the Mac contract has put some pressure on their cap
Would be interesting if Luko has trigger clauses in his current contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris claiming we are looking for a director of coaching to support Nicks but we have been unsuccessful so far

Also that all of Burns, Van Berlo and Hombsch are contracted for 2025 and that Nicks will continue

Houston to Carlton is not a hard leap to make given he was best man at Jack Silvagni’s wedding last off season, also hard to see how a pick from Richmond would be involved
If Richmond end up with a later pick from GCS, they could trade it for Carlton's F1.

That's been widely rumoured by hopeful Carlton supporters.

Tom Morris claiming we are looking for a director of coaching but we have been unsuccessful so far

Also that all of Burns, Van Berlo and Hombsch are contracted for 2025 and that Nicks will continue

Always good for a laugh this club.

He's 29 next year and we are bottom four. Just taking a list spot from someone young. Think it's delusional that he will push Murphy out
He plays exactly the same role as Murphy but actually does it well.

We need some mid career players on our list. He's the perfect age. Plays a key role while kids develop and take over from him in a few years

Tom Morris claiming we are looking for a director of coaching to support Nicks but we have been unsuccessful so far

So the Berg is a chance to join Rory Atkins up there...:goldcoast:☀️:blacksunrays:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back