Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Morris claiming we are looking for a director of coaching to support Nicks but we have been unsuccessful so far

Also that all of Burns, Van Berlo and Hombsch are contracted for 2025 and that Nicks will continue

I remember similar stories coming out this time last year with us chasing other experienced coaches to come to us but didn't have any luck then either. From memory we were into Dew and Rutten but both declined.

I remember similar stories coming out this time last year with us chasing other experienced coaches to come to us but didn't have any luck then either. From memory we were into Dew and Rutten but both declined.
They declined because we wouldn't make them the #2 guy.

This 'source', are they with you right now?

(Appreciate you passing it on)
Not with me right now, why is that?

Thanks for the appreciation. As I stated, the last source about luko waiting for a deal from port before making a decision was reliable.

This one just had my head spinning how they could male that happen. Then I read the Houston to carlton News, and i was like, this might be worth sharing.

Next time, I won't post, and we can all continue to talk about Adelaide vs. Melbourne measured by how long the line is for ramen.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tom Morris claiming we are looking for a director of coaching to support Nicks but we have been unsuccessful so far

Also that all of Burns, Van Berlo and Hombsch are contracted for 2025 and that Nicks will continue

So, let me get this straight, we have a flailing coach who has been here for 5 years that they rushed to lock in early this season and now they decide he can't coach properly and needs someone to help him BUT, they can't find anyone that wants to help..you could not make this stuff up.

THEN..we are told no changes to the assistants either as they are all contracted for next year.. SO what I make from all this is for the love of god, do NOT TRADE OUR F1 for anything as it could be pick 2 or 3 next year as I am not sure about others, but I struggle to feel optimistic about 'organic growth' in our coaching department...F*** me drunk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just waiting for the clappers to spin this one
"at least we won't be as bad as Richmond..won't we?"

"Its great to keep continuity at the club as they all seem to be nice people"

"Every year we don't make finals is a year closer to making them"

"Organic gro....... ah just shut the f up"

So, let me get this straight, we have a flailing coach who has been here for 5 years that they rushed to lock in early this season and now they decide he can't coach properly and needs someone to help him BUT, they can't find anyone that wants to help..you could not make this stuff up.

THEN..we are told no changes to the assistants either as they are all contracted for next year.. SO what I make from all this is for the love of god, do NOT TRADE OUR F1 for anything as it could be pick 2 or 3 next year as I am not sure about others, but I struggle to feel optimistic about 'organic growth' in our coaching department...F*** me drunk
failed crash and burn GIF by truTV’s Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits & Monsters

Lol..I knew it was parody as soon as Murphy's name was mentioned for trade. As Jesse Ventura once said, he is dug in like an Alabama tick. No moving him out that easily
We need to hire arnold schwarzenegger as the director of coaching....

Silvers comes in and asks arnie where is nix? Arnie replies: I let him go

All three line coaches remaining is a massive fail. Kelly remaining is even worse.
The coaching group lack imagination & don't have strategic smarts... yet Nicks was extended 2 years... so that is on the decision makers of the club who also need to go.

The best change imo is to move Nicks to Kelly's role, sack Kelly, Burns & Godden.

Last edited:
All three line coaches remaining is a massive fail. Kelly remaining is even worse.
Bringing in pick 4, ANB and basically backing everyone else in would be a fail of an offseason.

kelly one of least switched on people i have ever spoken to in my life and it worries me that they cant see it. does he microdose or is he naturally comatosed? what is his background before GM of sanfl? nice bloke that supports nix no matter what. zero excellence

kelly one of least switched on people i have ever spoken to in my life and it worries me that they cant see it. does he microdose or is he naturally comatosed? what is his background before GM of sanfl? nice bloke that supports nix no matter what. zero excellence
I don't even want to analyse it. It's not complicated. His record is shit and we're well past the grace period.

I'm still sticking with Butters to leave. Maybe Port do get a pick ahead of us and get Draper. That gives them three SA mids to set them up for the next 8 years.

Hopefully means we get Lalor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back