Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He's only one vote at a board meeting. But if the board ignored his strong protestations, then he's not the man we need.
Word gets around, theres very few people around who will accept the job knowing that your by and large a figure head.

FWIW I believe Silvers has good intentions and genuinely wants the club to be successful and do everything to be there, but like you said.... one vote.

Luko won't select us unless we are prepare to pay what the Suns want. Our issue is that we're desperate for him whereas we should be saying that we'll take him only if the trade cost is x. If Suns aren't releasing him for a second rounder, then we're not the club for him. Same with ANB, we'll take you, but all we're offering is a 3rd rounder, if that changes your mind, no worries, we'll see you when we play Port.

I read it as yes, we are desperate for Luko, and have put a very good long term offer to him to entice Luko to select us as the club to trade to.

However, we are not offering a first rounder so Gold Coast have told Luko that we can't get the deal done.

This is the stalemate; if Luko selects us publicly and we can't get the deal done, he will have to stay, which plays GC's hand and we see if they are bluffing, likely on the last day of trade.

Of course he could be wanting to go to Port and just waiting until finals are finished.

Where was Silvers quest for greatness when he signed off on extending Nicks?
It wasn’t that they extended Nicks. Based on the yearly improvements to the end of last year, they were well justified for extending him in the offseason (we all expected them to). BUT, they needed to have announced it pre-season to make it “work”. By holding off until after the first game, which was a loss, just compounded it. It wasn’t the decision persay, but the timing of the announcement that just stunk to high heaven. Announce it preseason OR wait until the bye before starting the conversation (based on performances). It was extremely poorly handled.

Director of coaching sounds like a cop out to me, the kind of thing you do when your coaches are bad but you don’t want to replace them.
I reckon its because you're preparing for another rookie to come in soon enough.

Nicks wont survive to the bye next season if we start the same was as we did this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn’t that they extended Nicks. Based on the yearly improvements to the end of last year, they were well justified for extending him in the offseason (we all expected them to). BUT, they needed to have announced it pre-season to make it “work”. By holding off until after the first game, which was a loss, just compounded it. It wasn’t the decision persay, but the timing of the announcement that just stunk to high heaven. Announce it preseason OR wait until the bye before starting the conversation (based on performances). It was extremely poorly handled.
Sorry Jenny but this is garbage. Of course the problem is that they extended him. He's a bad coach.

When you say "we all expected them to" you need to remember there were people like me that expected them to extend him because it fits neatly into the perception that this is a poorly run club. That's different from people like you who expected them to extend him because you think he earned it.

I reckon its because you're preparing for another rookie to come in soon enough.

Nicks wont survive to the bye next season if we start the same was as we did this year.
Our club will be in freefall (if it's not already) if we have a start like this. We couldn't survive another 5-year plan.

Rubbish. The decision to extend was never justified in the off season. There were plenty of doubts. Stop re-writing history.

I might be alone but I like Silvers. Coming from Hawthorn he must be stunned by the lack of drive from those around him.

I like that the younger players want to drive standards, but that was said earlier this year too and it didnt happen.

Isaac isnt going to Port, itll be us or he stays and given the family connection I would doubt he stays.

I think his philosophy is part of the problem.

He was a Hawthorn when they appointed Clarko and through their period of premiership success.

He’s gone on record and said that stability in key coaching, football dept and front office roles was critical to that success.

Now that makes sense when you have the right people in the right roles, however if you don’t that thinking becomes fundamentally flawed, and the risk is you stick with what’s broken.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Luko won't select us unless we are prepare to pay what the Suns want. Our issue is that we're desperate for him whereas we should be saying that we'll take him only if the trade cost is x. If Suns aren't releasing him for a second rounder, then we're not the club for him. Same with ANB, we'll take you, but all we're offering is a 3rd rounder, if that changes your mind, no worries, we'll see you when we play Port.
In these negotiations, this pre-trade period chatter is about postulating ......Rosas to stay, but is he really ? .....Houston has declared he's staying at Port, but is he ?

Gold Coast .....yes, if we can't get the right deal, he can stay .....but is that the reality of GC's thinking

I think his philosophy is part of the problem.

He was a Hawthorn when they appointed Clarko and through their period of premiership success.

He’s gone on record and said that stability in key coaching, football dept and front office roles was critical to that success.

Now that makes sense when you have the right people in the right roles
, however if you don’t that thinking becomes fundamentally flawed, and the risk is you stick with what’s broken.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
OR ....your opinion of the club infrastructure is flawed

Let's face it, there isn't a poster here that has the slightest clue, of who is performing well or not .....linking players form to coaches or development is only fodder for BF chat

Players are normal people, and they can also have things going badly off-field ....Pedlar's year was clearly of his own doing

Rubbish. The decision to extend was never justified in the off season. There were plenty of doubts. Stop re-writing history.
Now you're rewriting history ....I'll guarantee, your vote in the polls at the start of the year, was to make Finals .....most posters did

So ...we were going to make Finals, despite having a bad Coach

Spock.gif

Now you're rewriting history ....I'll guarantee, your vote in the polls at the start of the year, was to make Finals .....most posters did

Spock.gif
Most didn't think Nicks would doubled down on his shit mistakes that he started to do last year when we just missed out on Finals.

Spock.gif
Shouldn't we expect the people actually running a football club to have more insight than randoms posting on a football forum?

Also didn't you say Bigfooty polls are basically meaningless because they account for a very small percentage of supporters overall?

Shouldn't we expect the people actually running a football club to have more insight than randoms posting on a football forum?

Also didn't you say Bigfooty polls are basically meaningless because they account for a very small percentage of supporters overall?

2 points ....your first point, yes they have more insight than BF posters .....of course anyone in a daily work environment, knows more than someone peering thru the window

BF polls accurately reflect the BigFooty Posters opinions .....and the radical thinkers are more likely to vote in them

PS, I don't vote in polls

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back