Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One full day of posting and 233 posts already, you are on world record here mate.

Why don’t you explain how much you hate Port Power and their weaknesses as a club? Like being in a scrubber area, feral fans, biggest chokers in AFL this century etc. what do you most hate about them? Just interested :)
Ive been reading these forums for a while and wanted to jump straight in, also work gives me a lot of spare time !!!

But honestly id love to do those things, but we are coming from a very very low base at the moment.

They are down to 3. Skipworth, McQualter and King of the Steven variety.
Without diving further into their career paths none of these would excite me as a fan

I would most likely be wrong and they win multiple flags but if these were the final 3 for the Crows job I would be underwhelmed

Ive been reading these forums for a while and wanted to jump straight in, also work gives me a lot of spare time !!!

But honestly id love to do those things, but we are coming from a very very low base at the moment.
Well if you have spare time and “honestly id love to do those things” let’s hear it mate. I am genuinely interested.

What do you hate about the Power? Is it the scrubber location, feral fans, choking this century, Hinkley world record of most games coached at a club without making a GF, multiple worst finals records (119 :) , biggest losing home final less than 2 weeks ago).

Here’s your chance to shine. What do you despise about the pear and their fans? No backing away now :)

Well if you have spare time and “honestly id love to do those things” let’s hear it mate. I am genuinely interested.

What do you hate about the Power? Is it the scrubber location, feral fans, choking this century, Hinkley world record of most games coached at a club without making a GF, multiple worst finals records (119 :) , biggest losing home final less than 2 weeks ago).

Here’s your chance to shine. What do you despise about the pear and their fans? No backing away now :)
All of those things, particularly the fans..... theyre insufferable.

I dont want to be in Adelaide next week if they happen to win Friday night

Good from Crows perspective if we are chasing Montgomery in some capacity as per previous rumours. Looks like he ain’t on Weagles shortlist

Pretty thin field
McQualter and Skipworth? Wow

Steven King is a certainty

Why wouldn’t West Coast just get Buckley….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty thin field
McQualter and Skipworth? Wow

Steven King is a certainty

Why wouldn’t West Coast just get Buckley….

I keep saying this Buckley doesn’t want to leave Melbourne, he won’t seperate himself from his kids for a coaching role

His partner will not move away from Melbourne

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Being from South Australia that might be difficult to call Victoria home.
Not wrong, considering I never mentioned Victoria was home just that he is keen to return from his previous stint at cricket Victoria would make sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without diving further into their career paths none of these would excite me as a fan

I would most likely be wrong and they win multiple flags but if these were the final 3 for the Crows job I would be underwhelmed
A club as wealthy as WCE and all the time to prepare really should have been able to do enough to shake Cox from Sydney.

A club as wealthy as WCE and all the time to prepare really should have been able to do enough to shake Cox from Sydney.
I would have thought Cox was a done deal but I got that wrong

It feels like Gold Coast and GWS and/or Luko and Cummings respective managers are doing a really good job at the moment of maximizing what we pay for those 2 players. If Lukoscius nominated us now then I think we would have really good leverage to get a Jack Bowes type trade happening, but it feels with the narrative that he would prefer to stay on less money could see us overpay significantly for him. Hope I’m wrong.

Good point and I agree. On the flip side we had hardest draw (of any team ever) this year and equal hardest draw with Pies last year. Expect a much MUCH softer draw in 2025 which makes a big difference to finals prospects if get more of the bottom 3 teams plus others like Saints twice
I recall many posters pointing out a few years back that progress is not likely to be linear.

Anyone notice that of our six double ups this year, four were against the preliminary finalists? The other two were Hawthorn (but not before they came good), and Essendon (won one, and got robbed of the other).

IMO our first choice KPPs are Murray and Thilthorpe. Our key playmaker is Rankine. We didn't manage to get those three on the park together until R23.

I would have thought Cox was a done deal but I got that wrong
Just seemed a natural fit.

West Coast having trouble finding a coach is concerning. Wealthy club, good history etc. Whatever problems they're having will be worse at Adelaide when it's our turn.

I keep saying this Buckley doesn’t want to leave Melbourne, he won’t seperate himself from his kids for a coaching role

His partner will not move away from Melbourne

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was sarcasm! Of West Coast with their resources and track record couldn’t get him to consider it I think we can safely put to bed any chance we might get him

So a likely field for a sacked Nicks

Goodwin
Rutten
McQualter
Skipworth

I recall many posters pointing out a few years back that progress is not likely to be linear.

Anyone notice that of our six double ups this year, four were against the preliminary finalists? The other two were Hawthorn (but not before they came good), and Essendon (won one, and got robbed of the other).

IMO our first choice KPPs are Murray and Thilthorpe. Our key playmaker is Rankine. We didn't manage to get those three on the park together until R23.
Injuries weren't why we sucked this year. It didn't help but it wasn't the primary issue. We were 0-4 with minimal injuries.

The crap gameplan combined with the drop off from Tex (AA in '23) Laird, Smith and Dawson (AA in '23) hurt us a lot more.

Blaming injuries for those early games against Geelong, Freo and Essendon is just a cop out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back