Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It was sarcasm! Of West Coast with their resources and track record couldn’t get him to consider it I think we can safely put to bed any chance we might get him

So a likely field for a sacked Nicks

Goodwin
Rutten
McQualter
Skipworth

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
it would just be goodwin they wouldnt even talk to the other spuds you list

despite the issues hes a premiership coach

Without diving further into their career paths none of these would excite me as a fan

I would most likely be wrong and they win multiple flags but if these were the final 3 for the Crows job I would be underwhelmed

Me neither 2 of the 3 have trialled in a caretaker role which didn't bring much and the 3rd is untried but I don't think he would be much different.

Really, you know how good a coach these blokes are?

Goodwin I think would be terrible for this group
McQualter - Richmond didn’t rate him enough to give him the job

Skipworth - unsure , has some positive history with the Pies but hardly a name that is going to bring a huge amount of excitement to this board

Rutten - I think would be favourite. In hindsight his time at Essendon appears underrated. Still far from the ideal candidate imo

I did leave off Montgomery who would be some chance if he was already here

This field is assuming he was sacked between now and the bye next year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I recall many posters pointing out a few years back that progress is not likely to be linear.

Anyone notice that of our six double ups this year, four were against the preliminary finalists? The other two were Hawthorn (but not before they came good), and Essendon (won one, and got robbed of the other).

IMO our first choice KPPs are Murray and Thilthorpe. Our key playmaker is Rankine. We didn't manage to get those three on the park together until R23.
Yes mate agreed. In my “strongly worded letter” to Silvers, Nicks, Kelly, Reidmetc I used those exact words of things “aren’t always linear” and no doubt coincidentally Nicks started saying the same thing in his pressers within days.

We had the HARDEST draw of ANY team EVER this year. Double ups against all 4 prelims now and initially it was double ups against 1,2,3,5,7 and 11. Almost impossible to get harder than this as we “averaged” playing the 4-5th team for all double up games (add 6 numbers above and divide by 6). The absolute hardest would in theory be be 3-4th (1,2,3,4,5,6) . The draw makes a huge difference and we will get an easy one next year finishing bottom 6 and after receiving the hardest draw 2 years in a row.

Injuries also hurt esp the key players you mentioned inc bookends and our best player Rankine. A normalisation next year AND bringing in 2-3 first team players that are good players or above (not marginal 15-20th best in he team) AND organic growth means we make finals. I will put money on it

I recall many posters pointing out a few years back that progress is not likely to be linear.

Anyone notice that of our six double ups this year, four were against the preliminary finalists? The other two were Hawthorn (but not before they came good), and Essendon (won one, and got robbed of the other).

IMO our first choice KPPs are Murray and Thilthorpe. Our key playmaker is Rankine. We didn't manage to get those three on the park together until R23.
This is an excellent point!

Hawks double ups included 3 x bottom 4 teams, another that missed finals and 1 prelim finalist. They will come back to earth with a thud next year IMO. Copping a top 6 draw

Yes mate agreed. In my “strongly worded letter” to Silvers, Nicks, Kelly, Reidmetc I used those exact words of things “aren’t always linear” and no doubt coincidentally Nicks started saying the same thing in his pressers within days.

We had the HARDEST draw of ANY team EVER this year. Double ups against all 4 prelims now and initially it was double ups against 1,2,3,5,7 and 11. Almost impossible to get harder than this as we “averaged” playing the 4-5th team for all double up games (add 6 numbers above and divide by 6). The absolute hardest would in theory be be 3-4th (1,2,3,4,5,6) . The draw makes a huge difference and we will get an easy one next year finishing bottom 6 and after receiving the hardest draw 2 years in a row.

Injuries also hurt esp the key players you mentioned inc bookends and our best player Rankine. A normalisation next year AND bringing in 2-3 first team players that are good players or above (not marginal 15-20th best in he team) AND organic growth means we make finals. I will put money on it
sydney only once away but i take your point definitely a ridiculously hard draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seemed a natural fit.

West Coast having trouble finding a coach is concerning. Wealthy club, good history etc. Whatever problems they're having will be worse at Adelaide when it's our turn.
Not really, they're having trouble attracting candidates because they know that the Eagles' list is a mess and there a few years of pain still to come.

Just seemed a natural fit.

West Coast having trouble finding a coach is concerning. Wealthy club, good history etc. Whatever problems they're having will be worse at Adelaide when it's our turn.

The best senior assistants know they have one chance at being a senior coach

The smart ones are saying no to the rebuild jobs because they usually end in a sacking and no further head coach opportunities

Probably more of an issue with the tight soft cap preventing the rebuild clubs from overpaying coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back