Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just need a Head of Cycling. Remember when we had the best cyclists in the AFL? - thanks to Neil and Charlie!
Charlie strutting on the boundary looking like Doc Brown
Shocked Uh Oh GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

I didn't realise Dew was an assistant at Brisbane???

I'm more concerned by our lack of change in the coaches box, we need fresh eyes and talent in the coaching box, Rahliy clearly had "it"

Burns and Van Berlo have to go
I find it strange that Van Berlo's name hasn't been mentioned for the Eagles job.
Former Perth boy
Club Captain
WCE midfield coach for a couple of years when they were premiers
AFC midfield coach for 5 years
Rocket scientist

Why would that be ?

A club as wealthy as WCE and all the time to prepare really should have been able to do enough to shake Cox from Sydney.

a rumor was mentioned on the radio on Saturday morning, that Longmire could step down and Cox take over Sydney, that is possibly why he hasn't left Sydney

None of that would have made a difference without Blight

The amount of credit that is applied to Neil, who was at the club for a further 10 years without success, is somewhat bemusing. That we still believe that success can be achieved by getting experience and continuity into a well drilled but average group is plain stupidity. Without enough high end talent, you won't win flags. Having enough doesn't guarantee success though, refer Dogs, but it's one ingredient in the mix.

Excellent knowledge Sir.

May I politely ask if you are relatively Senior in age to know about Oateys methods? Let’s say 60ish with a detailed historical background in SANFL from either a personal passion or indeed perhaps a professional position even?
Neil Craig gave a terrific in depth interview up here about Jack Oatey's influence on him. It was bloody fascinating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's uncommon with a certain group that Neil Craig is seen as more infuential in our premierships than the coach that came in and cleaned the place out. The lessons we learned from Blight's success have been totally shelved in favour of the philosophies of Neil Craig. You can bet that if talking about the flags with Trigg, Jen would have heard how it all came down to Neil.
Blight himself even acknowledged how important Craig was to those premierships. I heard those words come from HIS mouth, not Trigg or anyone else.

Cahill was doing it before Craig

It's surprising that people don't remember the other factor in terms of our ability to run out games during that period. Brian Sando needs to receive a fair portion of the credit that tends to be applied to Neil. But the club we became under Trigg decided to re-write history and load Neil up with a lot more credit than he deserved.

1726639479780.png

1726639517014.png

Hard to disagree about Luko's value there. Pick 20ish I could live with, we'd have to push someone out to get that though. And if we did have 20, I'd probably rather get Dodson
Use F2.

It's surprising that people don't remember the other factor in terms of our ability to run out games during that period. Brian Sando needs to receive a fair portion of the credit that tends to be applied to Neil. But the club we became under Trigg decided to re-write history and load Neil up with a lot more credit than he deserved.

View attachment 2114085

View attachment 2114086
WADA wasn't established until the end of 1999.

Yep agreed mate. There’s a few of them and I have made the mods aware of multiple but these guys are busy enough without chasing pathetic poeple posing as Crows fans. One I have already called out a few times and another very obvious one to me. How is it obvious to spot:

• they often start posting life on non Crows thread normally praising Power (JHf) whilst comparing us unfavourably.
  • constantly bagging us ALWAYS. One poster even when we smashed Power in showdown one this year ONLY posted about Powers awesome midfield and he could feel their superior talent starting to take over at some point. NOT one word of praise to Crows for thrashing them and our players “lining them up from 50” :) and snagging the goal. Actually not normally one word of praise for us at all whilst praising Power UNTIL they are called out.
  • regular false claims about how Crows made various errors despite them being factually incorrect (Henderson becoming AA after he left us - WRONG. Crows should have traded up for Pavlich when he was drafted = WRONG as wasn’t an option.)
  • choose to normally post on negative threads rather than any positive threads.
  • just read the history of a few and it’s blatantly obvious. The need to clarify “we” is the Crows (by putting crows in brackets after using the word “we” an absolute giveaway)
  • when called out their communication and responses differ to previous posting history. One Power fan upon being called out started with “chill out dude” or some shit which was 180 degree different language to anything ever used.

If these people are so bored in life that they need to pretend to barrack for us to get off then all I can say is…what a waste of a life.

Thankfully likely to disappear once Power lose this weekend.

No point availing Drugs Are Bad Mackay? of your super-sleuthing, he's a Collingwood supporter that comes here only to troll our great club.

Our fitness was head and shoulders above the other teams that year thanks to Craig's extra training and tapering leading into the finals - something most teams do these days. But at the time, it was innovative and provided a competitive advantage.
craig made sure to get that message out there that's for sure, but really by that time of year every is already fit and just struggling to get up for the following week and maintaining injuries

he tried a similar stunt in 05 or 06 and the birdman and a few others went down with muscle injuries

also it could be argued that our running focus was hugely negligent regarding players joint injuries. for example mcleod knees bone on bone by the end of 98 was mismanagement, something I see mcleod say he wish he had known earlier as it curtailed his career output

this smells of trying to use 🍐 to up 🐦‍⬛ offer by his agent

Or he genuinely prefers to go there but they don't know how much cap they'll have until it's certain they're cashing in on Houston's trade value. Port would be able to provide his manager indicative figures based on Houston staying and Houston going. Armed with that information, you'd think he would have been able to select us if our offer was going to carry the day. Port would be very keen on him as they get a free replacement for an asset that they get to sell. If Laird had any value at all we should be doing the same and trading him out for whatever we can get and replacing him with a free agent that accumulates heaps and has crap disposal. But we're not that smart and we don't want to upset any of the senior players by putting the club first and forcing one of their buddies out.

Or he genuinely prefers to go there but they don't know how much cap they'll have until it's certain they're cashing in on Houston's trade value. Port would be able to provide his manager indicative figures based on Houston staying and Houston going. Armed with that information, you'd think he would have been able to select us if our offer was going to carry the day. Port would be very keen on him as they get a free replacement for an asset that they get to sell. If Laird had any value at all we should be doing the same and trading him out for whatever we can get and replacing him with a free agent that accumulates heaps and has crap disposal. But we're not that smart and we don't want to upset any of the senior players by putting the club first and forcing one of their buddies out.
They'd only really be after Cumming if Perryman hangs around at the Giants.

Theyve offered Harry 6 years @ 850K (apparently)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back