Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 165 82.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not one person in the AFL World believes Lukosus is a $900K a year player ......he's been dropped a couple of times from the GC team

So I'll cob wash this rumour
Once wasn't it and straight back in the following week...under Dimma.

Only other time he's played VFL was when returning from a knee injury in 2022 and then straight back in the next week.

We get you dont like Jack but facts.

I'm not interested in constantly kicking things down the road.

I'm completely happy to trade F1. I just don't want to waste it.
If it lands us a pick which means we can grab someone like Lindsay, absolutely. Would Freo want it so they have a better chance at Warner?

But yeah it can’t be trading it for the sake of trading it

If it lands us a pick which means we can grab someone like Lindsay, absolutely. Would Freo want it so they have a better chance at Warner?

But yeah it can’t be trading it for the sake of trading it
I think North's F1 might get you pick 10. Ours is probably about pick 14.

I'd be curious whether pick 25 and 26 could get us pick 15 from Brisbane?

Once wasn't it and straight back in the following week...under Dimma.

Only other time he's played VFL was when returning from a knee injury in 2022 and then straight back in the next week.

We get you dont like Jack but facts.
Don't get me wrong ...I don't hate Lukosius

I just don't believe he warrants the status some people give him .....his performances IMO have him pegged at 12-16 in a team ....at the level almost to Tom Lynch level

However, I maintain I've never been keen on soft bigmen ....somehow they play to their strengths, in Luko's case as an elite kick ....and forget their role is to compete aerially & ensure they bring the ball to ground ....IMO that's Luko's weakness

Why do you want them done now, other than impatience and worry that they won't happen?

There's zero advantages in announcing them before you have to.
Would be interesting to know why we wait so long for our b&f .

Should be done and dusted a week after the season finishes.

I have ALWAYS been Jenny since I joined a hundred years ago… and never anyone else. I have hard enough time coping with ONE persona!
Old Lady Vintage GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on, you see us finishing 5th next year ??
That's not how this works.

You never get equivalent value for a F1. There's too much risk for the club trading into the future - you know what this pick is, next year's pick could be vastly different depending on what happens.

Also, do you want $900 now or $1000 in twelve months?

It's not really kicking it down the road if we don't bring next years first into this year. Kicking it down the road would be if trading this years first into next year.
No, just waiting another year before we use available assets to improve our list is kicking it down the road. We can use that asset now, and for the right opportunity we should use it now.

Cant believe McHenry would be still trying to stay with us...it's against HIS interests!? Our highly contested game does not suit a small gut running guy who's good at doing short hit-ups. He's be way better off at clubs with more open running game plans, like Collingwood or GWS to make two. The guy's mad not to try and get out, gonna sink his career by not making a move. Even just playing seconds for a year in the Eastern states where he'd dominate and make the headlines and likely be picked up mid year makes way more sense than trying to continue with us? Surely someone in the club that's all about "prioritizing others" has said this to him?
No other club would want him.

Cant believe McHenry would be still trying to stay with us...it's against HIS interests!? Our highly contested game does not suit a small gut running guy who's good at doing short hit-ups. He's be way better off at clubs with more open running game plans, like Collingwood or GWS to make two. The guy's mad not to try and get out, gonna sink his career by not making a move. Even just playing seconds for a year in the Eastern states where he'd dominate and make the headlines and likely be picked up mid year makes way more sense than trying to continue with us? Surely someone in the club that's all about "prioritizing others" has said this to him?

tough for him to make a decision he’s got a cushy media gig here in Adelaide that he probably wouldn’t get else where - do you really think he would “dominate” anywhere relevant?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back