Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 166 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Were we rumoured to be into Zac Bailey at one stage last year?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Slightly off topic, but most footy I see live nowadays is Lions games through work colleagues. One of the topics of conversation that has come up a couple of times is teammates being frustrated with Bailey, because he doesn't do the expected team thing, and often takes options that are low percentage.

Just thought that's interesting, fwiw

Slightly off topic, but most footy I see live nowadays is Lions games through work colleagues. One of the topics of conversation that has come up a couple of times is teammates being frustrated with Bailey, because he doesn't do the expected team thing, and often takes options that are low percentage.

He has had a worse year imo than previously but still handy.

Cumming more of a need in 2025, Luko becomes a greater need once Tex retires

Welsh and Turray will have another year of development under their belt once Tex goes, too. Logan Morris was able to be a decent player in year 1 - I honestly don't see why Welsh can't be in year 2

Welsh and Turray will have another year of development under their belt once Tex goes, too. Logan Morris was able to be a decent player in year 1 - I honestly don't see why Welsh can't be in year 2

Murray still has question marks on his rate of development, Welsh plays forward role differently

Would also provide options to play RT more time in the ruck

That's been increasingly evident this year, including in the final. If you always sell the dummy mulltiple times when you get the ball, it gets pretty predictable. I nearly jumped out of my chair in exasperation late in the last quarter of the final when Bailey managed to engineer an HTB by refusing to dispose until he got caught. This should have been the game-throwing move, but he was rescued by his teammates. They are absolutely right to have this view of him.

I reckon he would be my leading whipping boy if he were a Crow.

No interest in bringing Petty home this year? He is a FA next year I think. He’d cost way less now though after a pretty average year.
I still rate the guy going forward. Probably not going to have a spot for him if Luko comes.
Not even for a F3

Have been listening to the commentary around ports forward line and Lukosius today.

He's being talked about like he's the great white hope. The saviour.

I dont know if it's just me, but does he seem like the type of player that would enjoy that pressure.

The pressure of being the million dollar player, getting the opposition best defender, carrying the forward line. His performance being singled out in the media and his own fans.

If he thinks he is that guy, good luck to him, but I think he fits better into our team.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont know if it's just me, but does he seem like the type of player that would enjoy that pressure.
I actually think he doesnt like that pressure and in at least our team, would be more of a role player, than having the entire media and opposition pressure on him.

Have been listening to the commentary around ports forward line and Lukosius today.

The pressure of being the million dollar player, getting the opposition best defender, carrying the forward line. His performance being singled out in the media and his own fans.

If he thinks he is that guy, good luck to him, but I think he fits better into our team.

Interesting thought .....on the Gold Coast Lukosius has avoided public scrutiny ....however in the Adelaide Fishbowl he'll be scrutinized like never B4

Iva Bigun has now said a couple of times, Luko enjoys his own bathwater .....now if this is true, and I can see these kids who were overpaid to stay on the GC ....and the pre-draft hype he received, leading to this outcome

However, it poses the problem, if Iva Bigun is correct .....what is the impetus to improve ....and players who are vocal about where they want to play, annoy me

No, I don't think Lukosius should be seen as "the man" in any FWD line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can't carry a forward line.

Interesting thought .....on the Gold Coast Lukosius has avoided public scrutiny ....however in the Adelaide Fishbowl he'll be scrutinized like never B4

Iva Bigun has now said a couple of times, Luko enjoys his own bathwater .....now if this is true, and I can see these kids who were overpaid to stay on the GC ....and the pre-draft hype he received, leading to this outcome

However, it poses the problem, if Iva Bigun is correct .....what is the impetus to improve ....and players who are vocal about where they want to play, annoy me

How many more angles are you going to come at Jack Lukosius with?

We get it you don't rate him.

Some see it differently (me), I'm not suggesting paying overs to get him but his footskills delivering into our forwards is a serious weapon we have in short supply.

Couldn’t the same have been said for Izak before he left?

Couldn’t the same have been said for Izak before he left?
Would Lukosius prefer to reunite with Rankine or Rozee?

Does Lukosius want to be the main goto forward or more a supporting role?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back