Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 11, last 22nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 19 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 126 86.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He was on the unlucky to not be on the 25 list.

The list was skewed towards midfielders, I bet Hamish hatres it
I wouldn't be worrying if he starts missing from these lists. We should be grateful if other clubs see it the same way as the further he slips the better for us.

We have a guy that is a great shot for goal, is strong in the marking contest, is fast and is a clever player. Thats now, after he has had a few AFL preseasons under his belt then he could become a very good mid sized forward at AFL level and he is ours

Crikey, 3 defenders after using a top 10 pick on a defender last year. No mids in sight.

This club is ****ed.
We should be offering outrageous coin to shake loose a top tier midfield as will make all the difference to our current side. We have oodles of cap space so should be using it for offer that makes it impossible to reject.

We should be offering outrageous coin to shake loose a top tier midfield as will make all the difference to our current side. We have oodles of cap space so should be using it for offer that makes it impossible to reject.
It had to be McLuggage this year as he is A grade and was an rfa so would not have cost draft capital so we could also bring in a draper for example. Even if we ended up paying stupid money to shake him loose, the on field impact adding him and a draper going forward 'could' take us to our next flag and that pays for all.

We missed him, he resigned with brisbane and now any mid we do try to shake loose costs us the top 5 or 6 drafted mid this year at the least.

I wouldn't be worrying if he starts missing from these lists. We should be grateful if other clubs see it the same way as the further he slips the better for us.

We have a guy that is a great shot for goal, is strong in the marking contest, is fast and is a clever player. Thats now, after he has had a few AFL preseasons under his belt then he could become a very good mid sized forward at AFL level and he is ours
I agree with all of that, but my point (and worry) is that it's not clear why he has fallen down all these lists lately. Also, will the rival clubs judge similarly to these lists, or more like us? Are we missing anything?

I agree with all of that, but my point (and worry) is that it's not clear why he has fallen down all these lists lately. Also, will the rival clubs judge similarly to these lists, or more like us? Are we missing anything?
I think you look at it for what it is. Opinions of journalists. No one knows how the clubs will look at him but from our end, lets hope he continues right on dominating up forward in these champs as it bodes well for us whether he is ultimately bid on at pick 10 or pick 30

We offered Gulden a 10 year deal, I reckon that was fairly outrageous! Brisbane matched whatever clubs were offering for McCluggage and $1.3M was already ridiculous numbers for him.

I don't understand why people think there is this magical A grade midfielder available who will leave for money. LDU might be the one, but North aren't letting him go until they have to next year and he doesn't want to leave Vic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elliot Yeo
This would be an awesome get 5 years ago. But now? Seriously? As the crumbling wreckage of our rebuild is falling down around us and we're having to take a step back if not start from scratch? We're going to bring in a 30+ year old guy with a questionable injury history on big dollars and a 3 year deal instead of using those 3 years to develop a young, long-term midfield option? So next year we'd have Yeo, Laird and Crouch in our midfield all aged 30+. And Dawson not that fair behind at 28. That's where our rebuild is at after 5 years? Basically Soligo with Rankine and Rachele as part-timers switching between mid and forward are all we've got to show for it?

The longer this Yeo rumour floats around, the more my thinking on it has shifted from it being incompetence to being negligence to now where I'm actually starting to think there is somebody at the club actively sabotaging us from within.

Am I drunk? We've been reported as doing that with EVERY available mid.

He's a odd size - will he be a tweener? Will he get enough of the ball? Will he be effective at senior level - he hasn't impacted at all at senior level in the SANFL.

There's lots of quiestions, so he'll slide. Thjat's fine from our end.

This would be an awesome get 5 years ago. But now? Seriously? As the crumbling wreckage of our rebuild is falling down around us and we're having to take a step back if not start from scratch? We're going to bring in a 30+ year old guy with a questionable injury history on big dollars and a 3 year deal instead of using those 3 years to develop a young, long-term midfield option? So next year we'd have Yeo, Laird and Crouch in our midfield all aged 30+. And Dawson not that fair behind at 28. That's where our rebuild is at after 5 years? Basically Soligo with Rankine and Rachele as part-timers switching between mid and forward are all we've got to show for it?

The longer this Yeo rumour floats around, the more my thinking on it has shifted from it being incompetence to being negligence to now where I'm actually starting to think there is somebody at the club actively sabotaging us from within.

****ing hell, go take a bex and have a lie down, ffs.

Zero chance that's being offered for Luko, like it wasn't for Dawson.

If a deal can't be done, GCS will keep him and his salary.
I would hope that we would only be looking to bring Luko in this year if Suns are looking to offload him for for salary cap relief and we get him for cheap. But I'm thinking that is unlikely as he seems like a required player there.

That article is from a month ago lol, North have been heavily linked to him more recently

That article is from a month ago lol, North have been heavily linked to him more recently
Yeah, but it's still sitting here at the top of a thread started 48 hours ago, so I assume we're still into him in the absence of any reports that our interest has cooled. It's a sad state of affairs that we may be relying on North outbidding us in order to save us from ourselves.

Perryman has a lot of interest, both Adelaide clubs want him New

$800K OFFERS FOR PERYMAN AS FOUR CLUBS CIRCLE

Giants utility Harry Perryman is reportedly drawing offers worth $800,000 per season amid links to four clubs.

The 25-year old is set to become a free agent at season’s end, with Hawthorn, Essendon, Adelaide and Port Adelaide all circling the NSW-born player.

“He’s the right place at the right time ... ($800,000) is what the Giants are hearing is getting floated in front of his eyeballs from Hawthorn, Essendon and the two Adelaide clubs,” Gullan said on The Midweek Tackle.

“He’s played 118 games and is 25-year old. He’s looking for, like Stengle, the big contract.

It’s believed he’d have to take a significant pay cut to stay at GWS, with Gullan saying “there’s no big payday coming from the Giants.”

Clark believes Hawthorn “jump out” as a “sexy club at the moment” amid the club’s resurgence under Sam Mitchell.

Fellow Herald Sun reporter Sam Landsberger meanwhile believes Perryman would be silly to turn down such an offer.

“I think Tyson Stengle owes Geelong a lot of loyalty. If Harry Perryman can get $800,000, good luck to him, that would be a great get.”

Where would we even play Josh Battle? Would be a bizarre pickup for our list

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 11, last 22nd July)

Back