Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 11, last 22nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • No

Votes: 125 87.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

lol..what about his clearances, score involvements and disposal efficiency for his 20 possessions. If you want to bash him for body of work over his career, fine, but he played a pretty good game on the weekend.

Edit. I am not disagreeing on potentially having higher ceiling young mids
19 possessions of which most went sideways or backwards, only 9 kicks. If you’re not going to be an effective offensive mid, you need to make sure your opponent is quiet, yet the Brisbane midfield did what they wanted under no pressure. It was a worst of both worlds game.

Last edited:
Supposedly clubs don't really think metres gained is a very important stat.

They look at assisted metres gained - what are the metres gained by the players you give the ball to.

That shows, with inside players, that they're succeeding with getting the ball to someone in a better position who can do something positive with it

Champion Data we're talking about it this week on the ESPN podcast.
Supposedly is an easy word to say, what clubs have said that and where?

What was Berry’s assisted metres gained?

Are we letting champion data tell us who our good players are?

Buckley just now on Fox:

“I don’t have my hand up to coach at the moment, but I’m thinking about it.”

When asked about west coast role.

Edit: you don’t think about something like coaching again, and a guy like Buckley doesn’t acknowledge he’s thinking about it on live television, unless genuine opportunities have been tested with him.

Buckley just now on Fox:

“I don’t have my hand up to coach at the moment, but I’m thinking about it.”

When asked about west coast role.

Edit: you don’t think about something like coaching again, and a guy like Buckley doesn’t acknowledge he’s thinking about it on live television, unless genuine opportunities have been tested with him.
Port. Our club is too clueless.

Is Crouch on the trade table? Or are we going to roll with him next year?

Given both Nicks and Laird are not going anywhere then do we try and find a home for Crouch that doesnt start with A?

I might be missing something but I dont think we have missed a beat without him. We are losing the same way and I cant see a game he wins for us

Or am I wrong?

Given both Nicks and Laird are not going anywhere then do we try and find a home for Crouch that doesnt start with A?

I might be missing something but I dont think we have missed a beat without him. We are losing the same way and I cant see a game he wins for us

Or am I wrong?
Nicks will play them both in the middle.

There is only 1 solution...

Get rid of Nix!

Or am I wrong?
Very little interest when he was a free agent and he seems like someone that wants to stay in Adelaide so I imagine it's unlikely. Would do very well for the Pies also right now with the loss of Adams, Mitchell injured - having someone to feed it to Dacios would go well.

Supposedly is an easy word to say, what clubs have said that and where?

What was Berry’s assisted metres gained?

Are we letting champion data tell us who our good players are?
The head of Champion Data said that, about how the info they supply clubs is used - he was talking about how a number of lesser known stats are very important to clubs.

Metres gained isn't irrelevant, but it's a pretty basic stat. An inside player SHOULDN'T have a lot of metres gained, because that probably means they're just blindly dumping it forward. It's much better if they give it to someone on the outside who has the space to do something attacking with it.

Not an ad for CD but if you are footy mad and stat minded they do accept written applications and if successful put you through a training course which can lead to a paid job and perks .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not an ad for CD but if you are footy mad and stat minded they do accept written applications and if successful put you through a training course which can lead to a paid job and perks .
They advertise pretty frequently for stat counters in the SANFL if you've got free weekends.

Can't see Buckley coaching West Coast given how much of a plum media gig he he has here in Melbourne.

But then again if they pay him a bucket full he could consider.... He is used to coaching a big club with big supporter base full of expectation.

Can't see Buckley coaching West Coast given how much of a plum media gig he he has here in Melbourne.

But then again if they pay him a bucket full he could consider.... He is used to coaching a big club with big supporter base full of expectation.
I wouldn’t be coaching West Coast, they are going to be in pain for a few years, they’ve had a distinct lack of picks

Buckley can do what he wants, I don't really care, but I agree with people in here saying the Weagles are probably in for more pain. Obviously Harley Reid will be a gun, but their drafting from 2018-2020 rivals our horror run around the same time period. The best player they drafted in those three years is probably Bailey Williams. I understand the motivation behind recruiting Tim Kelly, but it didn't work out at all.

I think Crouch should be an essential part of our midfield.

It's Laird that's good in a contest but doesn't always make a good decision with his disposal. He shouldn't be there anymore (and I rate Laird).
Back to defence. Plays his best back there and is really ****ing good at it, regardless of the clueless haters.

It goes to the coach tendency to over regard a fading player based on the credit they put on the board for the previous ten years, doesn't it. We seem to be doing it now, rewarding players who stuck through the crap times since 2017, even as their replacements standby as ready and flighty if not rewarded.

I'll be watch Hawkins closely when we he gets fitness back at the end of this season, will his coach of over 300 games be able to resist the urge to play him in the finals? Or will he make the same mistake they all seem to make (Scott did it for Selwood I think but managed to carry him through to the GF win) and play the out of form, too old player as the reward for loyalty, previous form and hard work.
Scott had the minerals to drop Mooney in 2011, but that's obviously quite different (coaching him for 1 year rather than 14).

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 11, last 22nd July)

Back