Preview 2024 Second Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 6 September 2024, 7.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok I am going to commit sacrilege here.

What are the chances of Morrison being the sub which means no Punky.

That means both Ward and CJ into team that last played against North... given Punky is signed on for next year, there is no unseen 300 pressure.

From a team balance perspective, will that cover more bases. Not an expert like a few here on tactics.

Don’t overthink the selections. Finn in for day, Ward in for mckenzie. CJ also a good chance.

Given every single player on our list and coach uses the word “PREDICTABLE”….
We are not suddenly going to go with “funky” ideas like Wedds or Wizz on ball. Don’t trouble your brains with it.
CJ for Frenchie and a toss up between Wardy or Finn. It’s not hard to tell it is truly going to be that simple.

I am starting to think Hardwick will start forward or Bruest.

This will allow Moore to spend 70/30 midfield spilt while we maintain 4 small forwards at all times.

Moore is a jet tackles, runs all day and most importantly good decision maker he is very composed like W.Day.
We aren't taking Hardwick away from Weightman when he has smashed him repeatedly

Connor MacDonald ready for some centre bounce attendances?
Was awful the few times he went in there early in the season. Had zero awareness of where to position himself. Would rather see more of Moore in there and throw Watson in to do the Moore role of about 5 CBA's a game

Last edited:
Just watch Treloar's calf go popsies at some point during the game on Friday night. They'll get a snake eye's on that roll of the dice.
I Don't wish bad on anyone (**** Norton), his a good player for the dogs though and hope Finn or ward can play him tight.

We have Alastair Clarkson and Leigh Matthews backing us to win. I'm sure they say that based on Mitchell's tactical brilliance. But I think a large reason behind their support is that if you look past the 'Hollywood Hawk' game style based on our ground ball work and precise kicking that opens up the ground, this is still a Hawthorn side with the Hawthorn mindset. We are still set up defensively, play the game hard, go up for the mark with full intent on winning the ball, attack the contest with ferocity, are willing to apply pressure, and don't give up. John Kennedy Sr. would be proud of young Sam (as Jeff Kennett describes him) if he were here today. Whatever occurs on Friday, we are well set up for the future.

Ok I am going to commit sacrilege here.

What are the chances of Morrison being the sub which means no Punky.

That means both Ward and CJ into team that last played against North... given Punky is signed on for next year, there is no unseen 300 pressure.

From a team balance perspective, will that cover more bases. Not an expert like a few here on tactics.
Doubt they're having Punky on for pre-finals interviews if they're gonna omit him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he can’t.

He did not attend a single centre bounce this year until round 24 against North when we’d packed up shop.

He’s attended 10 centre bounces in 2 years.

As I said, unless we’re experimenting against Bont, Libba, and Treloar in an elimination final, he won’t be and we need someone who knows the set ups etc.

Unless Moore plays 70% midfield, it’s Ward.
He took about every centre bounce on the weekend. Had something like 7 centre clearances in the first 10 minutes.

I completely forgot how much finals experience we have on the team. Bruest (18) and Gunston (15) of course have played plenty, Sicily has played in 3. Hardwick, Nash, Morrison and Worpel have all played 2 finals. I completely forgot about that. Then there is Karl Amon who has played in 5 with Port. And Jarman Impey 3. And Frost 3 with the Dees. Then of course Ginnivan has payed in 6 including a flag just last season. Finally Chol 1 QF in 2020.

It’s not like this is a team devoid of any finals experience. There is plenty of big games experience including 7 premierships.

Am i missing anyone?

IMG_0250.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg

Last edited:
He took about every centre bounce on the weekend. Had something like 7 centre clearances in the first 10 minutes.

For box hill. He’s not getting a starting AFL midfield spot for the first time in his career in an elimination final against the best midfield in the league.

Everyone thinking we’ll try to reinvent our game plan and move magnets around hasn’t paid attention to Sam or our team in 2 years. Being predictable and consistent are super important to our success.

Amon’s not moving to the wing.
Weddle’s not playing midfield.
Finn is not tagging or starting at centre bounces.
Moore is not a starting mid.
CJ will play if fit.

Ward in for Mackenzie and i flipped a coin so Morrison over CJ. I think Finn needs to stay in as well to do a defensive job on Dale or Richards and Moore spending more time around the ball since Day is out.

FB: Hardwick, Frost, Sicily
HB: Amon, Weddle, Impey
C: D'Ambrosio, Worpel, Maginness
HF: Moore, Macdonald, Watson
FF: Ginnivan, Chol, Dear
Foll: Meek, Newcombe, Nash
Int: Scrimshaw, Morrison, Ward, Gunston
Sub: Breust
Emg: CJ, Serong, Reeves

There's a separate thread for ticket stuff, don't make me keep reporting this noise.
WTF? He answered a post IN THIS THREAD, and explained that he didn't have PM rights yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back