VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Really poor quarter, no stand outs today really

Missing the midfield depth of Sheldrick, Warner, Parker and even the competitiveness of Ladhams.

Vickery, Konstanty, Magor (even Kirk to some extent) aren’t giving us much reason to retain them on the list at seasons end

Seriously, if anyone on here even contemplates putting Reid in the discussion for senior selection after today, I'll be telling you to get ****ed. Only ones that should eve get looked at are Roberts and Fox, maybe Francis at an absolute stretch.

If anyone here thinks you can judge a tall forward after a game in these conditions with zero quality delivery they can go and get......well you know the rest. He's actually rucked well in his limited contests in the ruck. All you should be hoping for is for him to get through unscathed. I think people just want some potential back up not immediate selection sheesh.

Seriously, if anyone on here even contemplates putting Reid in the discussion for senior selection after today, I'll be telling you to get ****ed. Only ones that should eve get looked at are Roberts and Fox, maybe Francis at an absolute stretch.
Roberts and Fox based on previous efforts in 1's, definitely not today. Francis no way. He is the root of the disorganisation in the defence. Gets the ball ok but then when running into the wind, butchers a high risk kick, when running with, just aimlessly punts it forward and turns it over. He is the old hand in the VFL defence and needs to set up our rebound not just kick it with no purpose.

Frankly, this is embarrassing. 15 AFL listed players and we're getting our arses handed to our faces by a bunch of semi pros who are running and competing way harder and executing their skills at several levels above. Also playing to a clearly defined structure so can only assume are better coached and prepared. If this was at the top level, the coach would be out the door on Monday, followed by about a dozen players dropped to reserves at 1830 on Thursday night.

I think yes the VFL boys are getting smoked but Werribee are consistently up there in the VFL the last couple of years going down in the GF last year to a stacked GCS lineup and also basically top of the table this year. Give them a little credit please

I think yes the VFL boys are getting smoked but Werribee are consistently up there in the VFL the last couple of years going down in the GF last year to a stacked GCS lineup and also basically top of the table this year. Give them a little credit please
Are you watching the game? We are diabolical and I don't think it is hyperbole to say this is one of the worst displays in a Swans jersey in recent memory. It's not about disrespecting Werribee. They clearly are a very good side at VFL level. I don't think anyone doubts this.

If anyone here thinks you can judge a tall forward after a game in these conditions with zero quality delivery they can go and get......well you know the rest. He's actually rucked well in his limited contests in the ruck. All you should be hoping for is for him to get through unscathed. I think people just want some potential back up not immediate selection sheesh.
That's what I mean though. Suggesting he get a game is purely guess work yet some on here will be suggesting he will be our lord and saviour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you watching the game? We are diabolical and I don't think it is hyperbole to say this is one of the worst displays in a Swans jersey in recent memory. It's not about disrespecting Werribee. They clearly are a very good side at VFL level. I don't think anyone doubts this.
Just because we have been sh*t doesn't mean that you can just say that the opponents are bad, Werribee are literally 10-2 and top of the VFL ladder backing up from a grand final last year. Plenty of people have just straight up discredited them

The people saying he is the Lord and Saviour are the ones putting shit on supporters for being positive or hopeful.

I hope Reid gets through a few games and he has run around ok.

But the Reid comeback calls are nothing to with positivity.

But fair point you make

To think over COVID we lost the likes of Kennelly and Maxfield (I believe) from the club. You can't tell me they wouldn't have bee better coaching options than Trusslove.

Oh the VFL side is coached?

Oh the VFL side is coached?
Wouldn't know it right?
Run Chicken GIF by carolina.ibanez

Just because we have been sh*t doesn't mean that you can just say that the opponents are bad, Werribee are literally 10-2 and top of the VFL ladder backing up from a grand final last year. Plenty of people have just straight up discredited them
Did I do that? Read my post again. They are a good VFL side, top of the table. You can excuse that crap our VFL side and their coach dished up through the rose coloured prism of us just getting beaten by a good side - that's your prerogative
But look at the facts. We had 15 full time professionals playing today backed by the substantial resources of the club. We played with no structure and until the 4th quarter, minimal effort. From memory, we took one mark inside 50 which Hamling shanked directly in front. 1 goal kicked in 3 quarters, including 1 of those with a substantial wind. 2 goals kicked from frees, 2 kicked from crumbing a pack, 1 kicked on the run. Smashed in the free kicks with most deserved.
I'll repeat for your benefit. Werribee are a very good VFL team. Our performance in part was due to this but by all objective measures, it was an embarrassing load of shite.

Conditions aside, surely the senior coaches watching that game live today would be concerned with what's going on, yet nothing changes.
That could not have been enjoyable for the guys like Fox, Roberts and Cleary. There's no shame in losing to Werribee but the hot mess our VFL team was today would make footy a drag for the guys who have played firsts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back