VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

I think some of these VFL players are way below that standard. The disposal is terrible. Even some of our listed players are just kicking to Sandy players. Will Edwards is one. We slow build all the time. So effing predictable. Moi Moi has absolutely no left foot. When we do go quickly we waste the ball. Frustrating. The skills are appealing. Heaven forbid if we end up needing any of these blokes. Because the standard is that far below AFL, it may as well be VAFA.

I see players go to chase, then stop. Handball to the wrong man behind the ball with a wall of opponents ( Moi Moi has a player streaming toward goal and gave it a player surrounded), instead of to the running player. Inability to man up in this quarter. I repeat what I have been saying, maybe Port & Crows will be competitive in this comp. They can't win a game at SANFL level. This level is far below that.

This is why I can't understand us being so poor at this level. Except that the VFL listed players are ordinary & our depth is ordinary. Our bombing the ball forward is so bloody annoying. Maybe we have to draft a bit better as Konstanty, Magor and a few others are not up to it.

I will give Will Edwards some plaudits here. He tries so bloody hard. His disposal is a bit hit & miss though. Kirk is finding it hard I think. He sometimes does something really good then he gets lost in the contest. I don't think the coaching helps. I think it pretty ordinary. We can't kick goals, mainly because we keep kicking the ball to their defenders. Nothing has been done to correct this. Slow movement has made it harder at times. Even when we go fast we still bomb long to opponents.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't know exactly what position Kirk was in his draft and over ager year but i feel like he has a decent kick on him but he is much better off half back where he has an extra half a metre of space to use it

I think some of these VFL players are way below that standard. The disposal is terrible. Even some of our listed players are just kicking to Sandy players. Will Edwards is one. We slow build all the time. So effing predictable. Moi Moi has absolutely no left foot. When we do go quickly we waste the ball. Frustrating. The skills are appealing. Heaven forbid if we end up needing any of these blokes. Because the standard is that far below AFL, it may as well be VAFA.

I see players go to chase, then stop. Handball to the wrong man behind the ball with a wall of opponents ( Moi Moi has a player streaming toward goal and gave it a player surrounded), instead of to the running player. Inability to man up in this quarter. I repeat what I have been saying, maybe Port & Crows will be competitive in this comp. They can't win a game at SANFL level. This level is far below that.

This is why I can't understand us being so poor at this level. Except that the VFL listed players are ordinary & our depth is ordinary. Our bombing the ball forward is so bloody annoying. Maybe we have to draft a bit better as Konstanty, Magor and a few others are not up to it.

I will give Will Edwards some plaudits here. He tries so bloody hard. His disposal is a bit hit & miss though. Kirk is finding it hard I think. He sometimes does something really good then he gets lost in the contest. I don't think the coaching helps. I think it pretty ordinary. We can't kick goals, mainly because we keep kicking the ball to their defenders. Nothing has been done to correct this. Slow movement has made it harder at times. Even when we go fast we still bomb long to opponents.

Tough commentary on a game we are winning comfortably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it was the conditions or feedback from last week, but we were better at keeping possession with our short kicking and moving it upfield.
Seemed a much better approach still bombing it in a little too much but did like the short 15m kicks, Cleary is really good at finding the space for the 15m 45* kick

We were smashed in clearances 2 to 1, even possession, 25% more marks, but from short kicks, more tackles.

Francis was the highest possession with 26. 4 clearances each from Warner, Mitchell & Bartho.

It was a mix of some really good play and then some terrible skills.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Why do we insist on kicking long to the forward line every time? Is it because we are super tall there? But that would not be within the game plan played in the A Grade. That would certainly make it difficult for players coming in to play A Grade.

Too much scrappy delivery. We picked that up later & got better. Gambling lively. Francis too. Maigor very involved but his disposal is lamentable at times, mainly his handball. McAndrew getting highly involved. Corey Warner lively. Mitchell looked list at times. Good pressure but wasted the ball several times by fumbling.

Gamble responsibly

Very good win in the end , probably on the wrong end of the umps at times , we get done holding the ball and they didn't.
Liked both rucks , Vickory , Mitchell and Warner are smart at this level . Hanily has gone past JK , goes okay and liked Lloyd.
I was actually on the right pocket with Mitchells family , lovely people from the Murray , the youngest brother sounds like he goes okay at 13 .
Good morning in beautiful conditions with a perfect surface

Very good win in the end , probably on the wrong end of the umps at times , we get done holding the ball and they didn't.
Liked both rucks , Vickory , Mitchell and Warner are smart at this level . Hanily has gone past JK , goes okay and liked Lloyd.
I was actually on the right pocket with Mitchells family , lovely people from the Murray , the youngest brother sounds like he goes okay at 13 .
Good morning in beautiful conditions with a perfect surface
I like Hanily, definitely worth keeping another year to give him a chance to make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back