VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow! Both sides are stacked! It's a high stakes clash even without the loaded line-ups for both sides.

Wicks is curiously named in both the AFL and VFL teams. The fact that he is named in the VFL lends credence to the possibility of Konstanty getting a debut. I don't think it's crazy. If Konstanty is at risk of being delisted or traded we might want to give him a run in the AFL. Plus, IMO, Wicks' form has dropped away a bit in our losses (as has the whole team's) but Wicks is always close to the fringes so can't afford too many lapses. How much longer until we find out?

If Wicks is dropped, then one of the emergencies will be promoted, most likely Mitchell or maybe Parker.

Ladhams is back!
Sheldrick is back!
Arnold is back!
Parker is back!

Snell is mysteriously absent. Ditto Konstanty. Very curious.

Thanks to the additions of Parker and Sheldrick we look a stronger team on ball. We should be great at the contest but it will be interesting who is going to use and distribute the ball well. This is Warner and Magor's chance to shine with some good service. Hopefully Mitchell too. We don't have a lot of skilful outside types.

North have a lot of talent to watch (although usually I only have eyes for the Swans players). Even their VFL listed Kade de la Rue is of interest. He looked a draftable prospect last year.

A mouthwatering prospect. I'm going to go to the game (but not the seniors because I've gotta finish packing to go o/s on Sunday). I'll be away for 3 weeks and doubt I'll get the chance to watch the games let alone BF.

Parker has completed his six-week suspension and will resume his bid for an AFL recall alongside ruckman Peter Ladhams (concussion), inside-mid Gus Sheldrick (ankle) and key defender Harry Arnold (back), who will play his first game of the year, but small forward Jacob Konstanty is out with a foot injury.

Source?

Jeez your quick off the mark! I had just been there looking 5 minutes earlier.

It's still saying Wicks is playing VFL. I wonder who'll play his role in the AFL? Presumably Fox. And then whoever is promoted is just the sub. He's clearly not injured so presumably it is related to his form.

It's still saying Wicks is playing VFL. I wonder who'll play his role in the AFL? Presumably Fox. And then whoever is promoted is just the sub. He's clearly not injured so presumably it is related to his form.
Wicksy has been running around like a chook with his head cut off lately. He has not played the defensive forward position very well at all. What do we need Jordan to do a job on Whitfield? Isn't that why we have Wicks? The last two weeks his opponents have gotten far too much ball & have run off him. Add the fact he has not been productive on the scoreboard & it is no wonder he has been dropped to the 2's

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s either a genuine error and nobody thought it necessary to update it, OR possibly they’re genuinely tossing up between playing Wicks or bringing Parker into the 23?

The other possibility is they want to play Wicks in both games. Maybe first half VFL and sub for AFL?
That would be an odd decision. What if someone gets injured early in the game and the sub needs to come into the game?

We don’t have a long injury list at the moment - especially with five players returning to action this week - so it would seem stupid (arrogant?) to pick a fringe player to play both games.

lends credence to the possibility of Konstanty getting a debut. I don't think it's crazy. If Konstanty is at risk of being delisted or traded we might want to give him a run in the AFL.
I don't see how anyone who has watched any VFL this season - and more relevantly in the last month or so - could think it anything but crazy that Konstanty might debut, particularly when we have Luke Parker running around in the VFL team. What a slap in the face that would be to Parker.

I already think it's a huge snub to Parker that he's not come into the senior team. It was one thing pre-suspension when the senior team was purring. But there's been more spluttering than purring over the past month, and it's very easy to identify a handful of players in the senior team who aren't remotely capable of delivering what Parker can.

We now know that Konstanty's omission is due to the far more obvious explanation that he's injured.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ve found a much better location for the camera. Almost getting blown off last home game made them reconsider and they seem to have left it there.

The tree used to block some of the shot on the boundary but seems to be visible now.

VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back