VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe a big call but I would say today almost puts the cloche on Mitchell & Sheldrick for senior footy in 2024, not that I expected them to feature heavily in the run home anyway. But I thought they were really ordinary today, and with the bye next week, by the time they get their next opportunity to mount their cases it will be round 22 and we will be closer to full strength (touch wood!) than we are now. Good luck from there.

Kinda bummed as as fringe players I wanted them to bang that door down, to at least give us more options, and they needed to, but they didn't.

Mitchell especially has to start putting together big, complete performances. Not sure this business of relying on a few razzle dazzle moments a game, with a lot of mediocrity in between, is going to cut it for much longer.
Thought Sheldrick was tagged too heavily. Hard to judge him after coming back from injury. Shame they have a bye. Would like to see him playing more and banging the door down.

me too. Not sure it was used correctly either.
I didn't think it was spelt like that even tho when i said it out loud i said it exactly how it is pronounced. I blame it being 11:15 at night and staying up late watching the olympics each night

VFL head coach Damian Truslove praised the team for standing up against an experienced Southport home side.

“I think the difference this week was a four-quarter performance," Truslove told Sydney Swans Media.

“In previous games, other games this year we've had lapses for half a quarter or a quarter but we managed to stick to the system and our gameplay for four quarters."

Ladhams, Cleary, Mitchell and Shipley were clear standouts for the coach. Truslove noted their effort and leadership abilities across the four quarters. Heading into a bye next week, the coach is looking to take advantage of the momentum.

“We've got a bye next week, so we can take that opportunity to get in a really good training session."

VFL Round 20
Sydney Swans v Collingwood - Tramway Oval
Friday, August 9, 2:05pm

INS: Jordan Endemann, Corey Warner, Ben Edwards, Sam Wicks, Aaron Francis, Joel Cochran

OUTS:
Caiden Cleary, Phil Moi Moi, Ben Ashley-Cooper, Byron Laws, Hugo Birks, Willem Smit

BacksWill GreenJoel HamlingCooper Vickery
Half BacksJaiden MagorWill EdwardsHarry Arnold
CentrelineCorey WarnerAngus SheldrickNic Shipley
Half ForwardsIndhi KirkAaron FrancisTom Hanily
ForwardsSam WicksLachlan McAndrewMatt Lloyd
FollowersPeter LadhamsCaleb MitchellBen Edwards
InterchangeJordan EndemannMax GeddesJoel Cochran
Hamish MorrisonJoe Harrison
EmergencyByron LawsJames LugsdinWillem Smit
Ben Ashley-Cooper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to this game. All our listed players should be approaching this game as an opportunity to force their way into a finals bound side, so I'm expecting good energy and intent. Also like to see big performances from Ben Edwards and Matty Lloyd, as both have been great and can continue to push to be considered by us or the other 17 clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back