VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

When disposing in traffic fair enough, watch the overall disposal though.

Prepared to give him 2-3 games and then look at that. Even Parker was terrible first game or two in the VFL.

Sure,, but it looks a lot like what we have seen from him previously.
Fair call.

It's interesting that his ball use is uninspiring at VFL level, but was pretty decent at AFL level last year. I can't really explain that disparity other than to assume that maybe he's simply not best-suited to being that 'main man' in the midfield.

At AFL level last year playing as a sort of hybrid mid/forward a la Adams he had a contested possession rate of 40.7%. Usually that first rover will be going at 50%+.

It suggests to me that the increase in pressure and contested footy might have more of an impact on his ball use than maybe it should if that's the role he's trying to carve out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Cleary, I feel like his debut was intended to reward his good form and give him some exposure to senior level, but has probably had the opposite, unintended effect. Two games mostly sat on the pine likely just ended up making clear that he has a ways to go to make it and is probably playing with less confidence and intensity now than in the lead-up to his debut.

If I recall correctly, McInerney had a similar sort of slump in the initial weeks after his inconspicuous senior debut, and eventually bounced back.

Re Cleary, I feel like his debut was intended to reward his good form and give him some exposure to senior level, but has probably had the opposite, unintended effect. Two games mostly sat on the pine likely just ended up making clear that he has a ways to go to make it and is probably playing with less confidence and intensity now than in the lead-up to his debut.

If I recall correctly, McInerney had a similar sort of slump in the initial weeks after his inconspicuous senior debut, and eventually bounced back.
Happens to quite a few of them I reckon. All part of the journey

Getting to be sub would have been good for Cleary's development.

But I would prefer one of the other younger players get a chance to be AFL sub for the rest of the season.

Completely disagree in a big match you have to assume you cop an injury first minute don’t want a young kid as the sub who can’t run the game out or say a Robbie Fox? I know what I’m choosing

Vickery & Lloyd probably been our best so far. Francis, Reid, Warner Jr. all had their moments.

How are we still in this LOL

How have our smalls played? That’s the main area I have queries at least this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back