List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

Clubs want success now.
They don't want to wait another 12 months.
Can't always trade future picks to get into the following years draft.
Success on field will always get free agents to come across.
North need to be doing more of this.
I’ve always been in the camp of trading future picks when the right deal presents itself. I would’ve loved to have traded this years first last year for another crack in the top 10 if it was possible.

I don’t think a future first for a pick in the teens or for a player like Houston is the way though.

Clubs want success now.
This gets said like some kind of "if you build it destiny.

We were in back to back prelims in 2010s and still didn't attract anyone of note.

Feel free to hand in you're membership mate :mad:
People are more than entitled to doubt the club and decisions made/the level of competency.
Look at our record since 2020. In this case the club absolutely owe it to the loyal members to get it right.

Who is Rory Atkins?

Rory Atkins? That must be satire. Didn't he retire 3 years ago?

Now Clarko and Brady get more desperate… just how far will they go.

They might try to bring in Rory Atkins!

Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

The same bigger picture “strategic” direction that saw Dylan Stephens get a 4 year deal.

I don’t know what’s worse at the moment. Having Rawlings at the wheel who has a track record of terrible mature age recruiting targets and overpaying.

Or Clarko/Viney clearly desperate knowing they have 12 months to seriously improve before the knives are out in the media.

It’s a nightmare combination, that some of us have seen coming for months.

We are 1 bad trade period from being St Kilda/Essendon and back to mid table, orchestrated by a group of men with some self interest at play here at the moment. 1 shocking trade period from completely torpedoing the 6-7 years of work the supporters have had to endure during this absolute cluster ****.

If we trade the best part of 2 years worth of R1 picks for what amounts to 28 year old Dan ****ing Houston and Caleb Daniel, after we’ve picked up 2 HBF in the first round in the last 3 drafts, played two top 2 picks at half back on that same period. ****ing hell…

The club and its board have officially jumped the shark on the supporters. Absolute weak as piss if this is their “strategic” long term game at this point of the build. Absolutely gutless and a complete shit on the supporters who have patiently endured this in the hope of a genuine chance at success.

I told you all Clarko said only a few weeks ago his revised goal was to get “us competitive”. It wasn’t to win a flag. This ****ing screams that.
The absolute hysteria in this post (and several others) during this trade period reminds me of arguing with my wife. Lots of screaming and no consideration given to reality and how to actually do better.

FFS, we have proven pretty comprehensively that building only through the draft isn't going to work in our case. We have probably the most amount of top 20 picks on the list in the competition (and probably top 10 as well) yet haven't been able to make any improvement in terms of wins and losses at all. Zero. We all agree that lack of senior players in the right areas is the problem. We also know that simply adding more top end talent will only lead to existing talent leaving out the door in frustration with the lack of success (LDU to begin with, followed by Wardlaw and others if things stay the same).

If you think the strategy doesn't need to change at this point, then I am sorry, you out of touch with reality. And if you think we can simply top up with free agents later, you're also out of touch with reality, as FAs simply don't go to clubs on the bottom of the ladder, unless you're Collingwood.

So I would suggest we just give the current Footy Department the chance to see what they can do with some more quality at their disposal. And to get that quality means something needs to be paid for them.

We won't automatically become St Kilda or Essendon, as we already have talent coming out of our ears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The absolute hysteria in this post (and several others) during this trade period reminds me of arguing with my wife. Lots of screaming and no consideration given to reality and how to actually do better.

FFS, we have proven pretty comprehensively that building only through the draft isn't going to work in our case. We have probably the most amount of top 20 picks on the list in the competition (and probably top 10 as well) yet haven't been able to make any improvement in terms of wins and losses at all. Zero. We all agree that lack of senior players in the right areas is the problem. We also know that simply adding more top end talent will only lead to existing talent leaving out the door in frustration with the lack of success (LDU to begin with, followed by Wardlaw and others if things stay the same).

If you think the strategy doesn't need to change at this point, then I am sorry, you out of touch with reality. And if you think we can simply top up with free agents later, you're also out of touch with reality, as FAs simply don't go to clubs on the bottom of the ladder, unless you're Collingwood.

So I would suggest we just give the current Footy Department the chance to see what they can do with some more quality at their disposal. And to get that quality means something needs to be paid for them.

We won't automatically become St Kilda or Essendon, as we already have talent coming out of our ears.
Far be it for me to speak on his behalf, however what I think he’s saying is that he has no issue with the trading of picks.

The issue is the players the picks are traded for.

Port talking tough over two first rounders and winding up with Rory Atkins as part of the deal is absolutely hilarious

Last edited:
lol reading the Port board with this breaking news, was worth it.

In five posts they covered the worst of this forum.

Clubs want success now.
Particularly it seems Saints, Dogs, *, Roos, Dees. All looking particularly desperate - the suburban clubs are struggling to be relevant.

Interstate clubs can afford to be patient.

Far be it for me to speak on his behalf, however what I think he’s saying is that he has no issue with the trading of picks.

The issue is the players the picks are traded for.
Well, given where we're at, I am not seeing Cripps, Bont or Daicos lining up to join us

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back