Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

I dont believe he is worried about satisfying the dogs. It is about the $$ or length of contract for him to make it worth his while.

If he is playing hardball, id be happy to leave him to play in the 2s at the dogs. I thought this was just going to be a win/win for both clubs. We'd probably get a better outcome if we got another year of development into someone like powell.

I reckon both Daniel and us are keen to let the Dogs get the Bailey Smith and Jack Macrae stuff done, then we swoop in late.

Don't want to get our deal mixed up in all that shit.

If Caleb Daniel doesn't nominate North by the end of today then we should just walk away and have no further discussions with him or the Doggies until the final day of the draft when we know where our picks are situated..
I'd be more than content to walk away from the Caleb Daniel Houston situations we find ourselves in.

Neither of these players seem to have a burning desire to come to us. So we can just focus on the blokes who actually want to join us.

Shift any interest with have in either down to not chasing, we are here if you call us outside of that we will be chatting to Sydney, and sorting out the Parker stuff.

Just on the Parker stuff, sort it the f*** out, find the middle ground and get the f*** on with it.

It's going to be interesting.
They're losing a lot and losing a lot more in the coming years, it's going to be tough for them.
Indeed.

They gave up 2 drafts for Taranto and Hopper, who will be close to retirement, if the draftees get to 100 games. Broad and Vlastuin gone by then.

Prestia and Lynch injured quite a bit. Balta a RFA next year.

But they can always apply for PPs down the track after their Franco Cozzo sale.

Indeed.

They gave up 2 drafts for Taranto and Hopper, who will be close to retirement, if the draftees get to 100 games. Broad and Vlaustin gone by then.

Prestia and Lynch injured quite a bit. Balta a RFA next year.

But they can always apply for PPs down the track after their Franco Cozzo sale.
Must be nice knowing you can apply for PP's and the AFL will fall over itself providing them with the media fangirling all the way.

Must be nice knowing you can apply for PP's and the AFL will fall over itself providing them with the media fangirling all the way.
Well, if you ask me, the AFL club giving pick 6 for Rioli is the same as a PP.

The media also seem to keep silent about it, too.

Well, if you ask me, the AFL club giving pick 6 for Rioli is the same as a PP.

The media also seem to keep silent about it, too.
Their former coach is at the club that wants one of their okay players and will give up pick six. Nothing sus about that at all.

Desperately trying to find the fast forward button on this Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period™.
I am excited by the action so far

EVERY COMPLETED DEAL

Friday October 4

1. Gold Coast signs Elliott Himmelberg as an unrestricted free agent. Adelaide receives no compensation.

2. Hawthorn signs Josh Battle as an unrestricted free agent. St Kilda receives first-round compensation (currently Pick 8).

3. Collingwood signs Harry Perryman as an unrestricted free agent. GWS receives first-round compensation (currently Pick 16).

4. Melbourne signs Tom Campbell as an unrestricted free agent. St Kilda receives no compensation.

5. Carlton signs Nick Haynes as an unrestricted free agent. The GWS Giants receive no compensation.

6. Adelaide signs Isaac Cumming as an unrestricted free agent. The GWS Giants receive end-of-first-round compensation (currently Pick 21).

Saturday October 5

Nil

Sunday October 6

Nil

Monday October 7

7. Adelaide gets Alex-Neal Bullen. Melbourne gets Pick 28.

8. North Melbourne gets Jack Darling. West Coast gets Pick 67.

Tuesday October 8

9. West Coast signs Jack Graham as an unrestricted free agent. Richmond receives end-of-second-round compensation (currently Pick 42).

These are household names you know!

looks like Richmond might only need 1 draft to rebuild.Could be 7 picks inside the top30
I'd be wary of this as truth. It seems to be the media doing everything they possibly can to influence the decisions, it's pure click bait and wild speculation at best

I am excited by the action so far

EVERY COMPLETED DEAL

Friday October 4

1. Gold Coast signs Elliott Himmelberg as an unrestricted free agent. Adelaide receives no compensation.

2. Hawthorn signs Josh Battle as an unrestricted free agent. St Kilda receives first-round compensation (currently Pick 8).

3. Collingwood signs Harry Perryman as an unrestricted free agent. GWS receives first-round compensation (currently Pick 16).

4. Melbourne signs Tom Campbell as an unrestricted free agent. St Kilda receives no compensation.

5. Carlton signs Nick Haynes as an unrestricted free agent. The GWS Giants receive no compensation.

6. Adelaide signs Isaac Cumming as an unrestricted free agent. The GWS Giants receive end-of-first-round compensation (currently Pick 21).

Saturday October 5

Nil

Sunday October 6

Nil

Monday October 7

7. Adelaide gets Alex-Neal Bullen. Melbourne gets Pick 28.

8. North Melbourne gets Jack Darling. West Coast gets Pick 67.

Tuesday October 8

9. West Coast signs Jack Graham as an unrestricted free agent. Richmond receives end-of-second-round compensation (currently Pick 42).

These are household names you know!
Elliott Himmelberg and Nick Haynes must be a little upset. Obviously, the AFL feels neither of them are worth shit!

(Ignoring big Tommy Campbell, he is probably playing for free now)!

I reckon both Daniel and us are keen to let the Dogs get the Bailey Smith and Jack Macrae stuff done, then we swoop in late.

Don't want to get our deal mixed up in all that shit.
I'd be considering the reverse. Help broker the Smith trade and collect Daniel and split some picks in the process.

E.g.

Out: 25 to Dogs

In: Daniel, Geelong #38, Dogs #48

Just an example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the Parker stuff, sort it the f*** out, find the middle ground and get the f*** on with it.
This one will get done, but it may take a while. Both clubs may be waiting on other stuff before working out what they have left. Also, Sydney may want future picks but we may not be keen on that as it would make it harder to trade our F1 (in case we need it for Houston).

If it was to get done early, one possibility would be swapping our F3 + F4 for theirs.

Their former coach is at the club that wants one of their okay players and will give up pick six. Nothing sus about that at all.

Rioli is contracted too, Richmond can and should demand a premium.

looks like Richmond might only need 1 draft to rebuild.Could be 7 picks inside the top30
They had 5 in the top 30 3 years ago and that's not looking so good. Not as high picks as this year but you really need to nail them.

The pick 17 hurts the most. They traded their 2020 first for it to Geelong which became Holmes.

1728434246857.png

Rioli is contracted too, Richmond can and should demand a premium.

A premium on Rioli would be somewhere between 14 to 20, 6 is just robbery

Good luck to them if they can get it and it might actually help us out if they do.

Have heard he might not be the greatest at taking feedback, however if we are able to quash that as rumour, I’d be enquiring in Matt Owies.

• Cheap
  • Positional need (a lot better then the small forwards we currently have)
  • He & Darling will help address our complete lack of F50 pressure

If GC are giving away 6, they should be getting a later first round back. There is absolutely no way that Rioli is worth pick 6 let alone anything more.

25 could be Trainor.

Id be doing next years second for Daniel and change if we can.

Daniel isn't worth a pick inside 30. Not at this stage of our re-build. All our firsts and 2nd round picks are integral to our list build imo.

Have heard he might not be the greatest at taking feedback, however if we are able to quash that as rumour, I’d be enquiring in Matt Owies.

• Cheap
  • Positional need (a lot better then the small forwards we currently have)
  • He & Darling will help address our complete lack of F50 pressure

Owies Avg 2.3 tackles per game. One of the reasons why Carlton are happy to move him on is because his defensive intensity isn't up to scratch.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back