Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Another Daniel thats causing us ( North bigfooty posters) trouble. l cant handle this...

I think at the worst we should be willing to part with the F2. I'm under the impression next year is fairly compromised again and nowhere near as deep. With even the smallest expectation of improvement this one should end up in the 30's and if we want to draft around that area it's easy enough to trade back in.

Can't do that with F1 also on the table though? Without special permission

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I dunno. I wouldn’t be surprised if Curtis Taylor did a “Mason Wood” at another club. Equally, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was never heard of again.

Mason wood is the outlier of our delistings... more likely go the way of the majority of others ie disappear never to be heard of. But in CTs case this would def be a waste of talent

If we trade 25 for Caleb Daniel then we may as well fire anyone involved with list management or recruitment.

We need more pick inside the top 30 to further out list build that has to remain the priority. Burning key picks for the sake of maturity when we already have Parker and Darling walking in the door would be as dumb as topping up on the likes of Tyson, Hall, Polec ect
He’s a better kick /decision makerr than fisher and slow af - his kicks are more sideways than slicing teams open

Keep pick 25

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't do that with F1 also on the table though? Without special permission

It's moot unless we trade the F1 and don't trade back in to the second round.

Weird trade related dreams last night.
I doubt this all happens but the outcome would be awesome.
2 to crows for 4 and f2.
F1 to gc for 6+ports f1 (death ride baby)
Go to the draft.
Armstrong at 4, Viking at 6, hannaford at 25, gman at 43.
You know your reading to much bf when you dream trades.
Dream set up for me. Keep those dreams alive.

The fact that Daniel seems to be dragging his feet is enough for me to say forget it (and I'm a fan of trying to acquire him). Ditto Houston who clearly has other preferences.

My perspective is if they don't want to be here, then I want nothing to do with them. This goes for players within the club and prospective ones.

I don't care if we're considered a small club and struggle to attract players. I want players who want to be at the club and are invested in what we're trying to build.

Pick 25 for Caleb Daniel is close to fair value.

Baulking at trades like that in an attempt to chase maximum value on every lot of magic beans we come across is why we've been unable to close the gap on decent sides.

You're probably getting at least 60 quality games out of Daniel, which will be better value than most players taken in the 25-35 range this year. You also get the upside of the immediate return on value in an environment where the actual valuable picks we've taken recently need senior leaders.

The fact that Daniel seems to be dragging his feet is enough for me to say forget it (and I'm a fan of trying to acquire him). Ditto Houston who clearly has other preferences.

My perspective is if they don't want to be here, then I want nothing to do with them. This goes for players within the club and prospective ones.

I don't care if we're considered a small club and struggle to attract players. I want players who want to be at the club and are invested in what we're trying to build.

Or maybe it's because we are dragging our feet, waiting till later in the trade period when we will have a better idea of potential pick swaps etc, that we might be working on.

Surprised at the lack of chatter/interest in our F1 if it is indeed on the table. Particularly from the SA teams if they want to improve their shot at Dyson Sharp.

Probably not a priority unless a player is involved. We can trade picks right to the live draft.

Or maybe it's because we are dragging our feet, waiting till later in the trade period when we will have a better idea of potential pick swaps etc, that we might be working on.

The news coming out is that Daniel doesn't want to leave. He loves the club, wants them to make the call and push him out rather than him make a decision, he seems to lean towards the idea of staying and winning back a spot in the side rather than go to another club offering opportunity etc.

I really don't think it's us dragging our feet here.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back