Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Mason wood is the outlier of our delistings... more likely go the way of the majority of others ie disappear never to be heard of. But in CTs case this would def be a waste of talent

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, that’s my point. Curtis has always had talent.

If Daniel was any good/rated in the league, other clubs would be clamouring & offering draft capital. They clearly aren’t, isn’t that sending a pretty succinct message about his value…?
Maybe but he’s also contracted and not actively looking around

And dogs don’t care what his perceived value is

They just know what they want to let him go

He’s a better kick /decision makerr than fisher and slow af - his kicks are more sideways than slicing teams open

Keep pick 25
40bb959e0e0583b2e16aade6d3f8ec33.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The fact that Daniel seems to be dragging his feet is enough for me to say forget it (and I'm a fan of trying to acquire him). Ditto Houston who clearly has other preferences.

My perspective is if they don't want to be here, then I want nothing to do with them. This goes for players within the club and prospective ones.

I don't care if we're considered a small club and struggle to attract players. I want players who want to be at the club and are invested in what we're trying to build.
I don’t think it’s that we are a small club as much as we have won 15 games in 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 25 for Caleb Daniel is close to fair value.

Baulking at trades like that in an attempt to chase maximum value on every lot of magic beans we come across is why we've been unable to close the gap on decent sides.

You're probably getting at least 60 quality games out of Daniel, which will be better value than most players taken in the 25-35 range this year. You also get the upside of the immediate return on value in an environment where the actual valuable picks we've taken recently need senior leaders.
He is a fringe player in a side that barely made the 8. I wouldn't even be trading a third rounder for him. We have dire needs at KPF & small forward. Pick 25 would give you one of Gerreyn/Faull/Sims/Hannaford/Dattoli. Caleb Daniel might not even be in our best 23 come the end of next season.

I reckon Daniel will be waiting for us to try and get a second round pick a bit further down the board.
I'd be surprised if we offered 25.
Something 35-40 would be suitable
Maybe North should look at trading 25 and 62 for a couple of picks like a mid 30s and a mid 40s plus something (I don't know nor care about adding up points) to get that deal done for Parker and also Daniel plus change).

Last edited:
Have heard he might not be the greatest at taking feedback, however if we are able to quash that as rumour, I’d be enquiring in Matt Owies.

• Cheap
  • Positional need (a lot better then the small forwards we currently have)
  • He & Darling will help address our complete lack of F50 pressure
He’s a Curtis type small fwd not sure I’d bother

As in about the people on trade radio or our decision to not offer him a contract
I reckon you are on to something here.

Why not let the team at Trade Radio work out all of the moves and whammo - that's the trade eon done and dusted.

These guys are experts and they have a great insight for what each team needs, what the value of each trade should be and a great feel for the needs of the players they would be shifting around.

It would also take out the necessity for clubs to employ list managers and recruiters so in the long run, it's a win/win for all concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back