Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

just throw him into the parker deal
should be easy to do

as mentioned konstanty and parker have the same management so we are already talking to sydney and their agent
Yep, I am doing a future 2nd for him. It would be nice to get something back but I would do it even if we didn’t.

I know it’s overs, but a bigger risk would be to not take him IMHO.
fair enough
i like Daniel but not that much

Anyone want to trade Harry Sheezel or George Wardlaw for Jack Sinclair or Adam Saad?

No?

You sure?

Well that's where we'd be at trading picks 3 or 4 for an AA HB from the same year.

Screw your ****ing heads back on.

Ridiculous post, a lot of big unknowns and assumptions in there

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And even then we're talking about next years draft in all likelihood.

It's so easy to make that post but at the same time, you could ask if you'd trade Will Phillips for a 27yo two time AA.

The gamble of trading futures is always you're betting against the quality of the potential draftee while also betting for your team improving at a greater rate.

And worse case if it turns out n amazing draft we can get back in it....

The fact that Carlton would rather go to the draft than give up their 1st and Collingwood don't seem to want to give up more than a mid 1st should tell us all we need to know what clubs consider to be his value, yet with each passing day in this thread the legend of Dan Houston grows and grows.

He's not single handedly dragging us up the ladder next year, he's not worth dropping back out of the top 5 of the draft this year, and he's not worth gambling our future first for either.

I swear half the people gagging for us to overpay hadn't even heard of him until a few weeks ago.

Norths overall improvement won’t come from adding 1 or 2 gun players. It will come from overall buy in with respect to Clarko’s game plan and the necessary fitness needed to play it for 4 quarters across 26 games. We have targeted Darling and Parker to try and facilitate this. Huston would be great. He isn’t turning us into an 8 win team unless the above happens.

so you are willing to trade a future second for caleb?

we need something coming back our way on top of it

future second for caleb daniel and a future 3rd

then use that future 3rd with pick 62 to get parker

turn a future second and pick 62 into daniel and parker
The second round looks like starting post pick 30 next year.
I'm OK with trading it I reckon.
It's not ideal but it is what it is

I think the top ~3 will be better than this year, but then the quality drops quickly after that.
So do you think that trading out our Future 1st would be a good or bad move? Apologies in advance if you have already stated your opinion on this. :stern look

Anyone want to trade Harry Sheezel or George Wardlaw for Jack Sinclair or Adam Saad?

No?

You sure?

Well that's where we'd be at trading picks 3 or 4 for an AA HB from the same year.

Screw your ****ing heads back on.
You say that like Sheezel/Wardlaw level talents come every year. You won't get someone as good as Sheezel for at least another ten years. This is exactly like me saying: Anyone want to trade the next Toumpas for Jack Sinclair or Adam Saad? Yes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone want to trade Will Phillips for Dan Houston?

Ldu, George, Sheezel, Duursma and McKercher. Our top five picks over the year. Phillips being from the Covid era coupled with his kissing disease bs, is about 1 off in 6.

Yeah, we had 2-3 drafts of good picks. But we also had about 15 years of jack shit.

If Houston was 22-26, sure. But we’re not premiership assaulting anything. He is either 3 years too late for us or 3 years too early.

The fact that Carlton would rather go to the draft than give up their 1st and Collingwood don't seem to want to give up more than a mid 1st should tell us all we need to know what clubs consider to be his value, yet with each passing day in this thread the legend of Dan Houston grows and grows.

He's not single handedly dragging us up the ladder next year, he's not worth dropping back out of the top 5 of the draft this year, and he's not worth gambling our future first for either.

I swear half the people gagging for us to overpay hadn't even heard of him until a few weeks ago.

Carlton are in a much stronger position than us! They will value the draft more than us. We value mature 27 yrs old more

then we lose our best player next year which puts it back even further and delivers a genuinely crippling blow to the club in the process

LDU will re-sign regardless of whether or not we have Houston.

This narrative that we'll lose LDU, or some other quality player if we don't start giving up 1st rounders for established players is finding a reason to get worked up that is not based in reality.

The club is moving in the right direction and the players know it.

then we lose our best player next year which puts it back even further and delivers a genuinely crippling blow to the club in the process
If LDU is judging the club on our trade and draft dealings of this year then we may as well trade him this year.

You don’t trade and draft to keep one player.

That’s such a “the sky is falling” mentality.

You draft and trade to improve the list overall in the short or long term, not to appease a single player.

What would any player, whether it’s LDU or not want? Short term success but never the ultimate or the club setting itself up to have a chance of achieving the ultimate?

One - Uwland
So as things stand, there will be two kids on the open market shaping up as better prospects than any those available this year.

It sounds like we'd have to be very pessimistic about our chances of getting out of the bottom 2 in 2025 to fret over trading our F1 into this year's first round then.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back