List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

I don't think we're planning on using 25. Bringing the F1 forward and splitting 2. Three picks inside 20 or two plus Houston.

River late pick or another project player.
If we aren't planning to us 25 in a really deep draft we are dumber than I think we are.

i think this is going to be the make or break trade period for brady

we will either see that he is a savvy list manager or should be sacked on the spot

unfortunately i think it will be the latter

Again he isn't making these calls on his own! Those that have the authority to sack him will be the same ones involved in the decisions!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Update: Suns, Tigers closing in on deal for Rioli​

By Jake Niall​

Richmond and Gold Coast are closing in on a deal that will make running defender Daniel Rioli a Sun.
The trade will centre on Gold Coast’s pick No 6 with the clubs still finalising the latter picks that will be exchanged.
The Tigers have a host of picks in the 40s and 50s that can be used for points by the Suns to help them land academy recruit Leo Lombard, under the bidding system for academy and father-son recruits.

The acquisition of Rioli will see the Tigers enter the draft with picks No 1 and 6 - and with more selections expected in the first round to follow for Liam Baker and Shai Bolton, the latter likely to be traded to Fremantle for two first rounds, with Fremantle holding picks 10, 11 and 18.
Rioli, a winner of Richmond’s Jack Dyer medal as best and fairest this year, is contracted for another three years with the Tigers and thus has commanded a premium in a trade.
Baker has indicated a wish to be traded to West Coast, but that deal has been complicated by Hawthorn’s trading of their first pick No 14 to Carlton - the choice having been viewed as the anchor of a trade by the Hawks for Eagle key back Tom Barrass. The Eagles, however, can split their prized pick 3 - Carlton having their eyes on swapping picks 12 and 14 for that pick 3 - and use that for Baker if necessary.
Fremantle wants picks 10 and 11 for Bolton. All told, the Tigers are set for a massive hand in the top 25 in the national draft.

i think this is going to be the make or break trade period for brady

we will either see that he is a savvy list manager or should be sacked on the spot

unfortunately i think it will be the latter

The Brady focus on this board is ridiculous. Clarko and Viney are behind every call just as much, if not more than Brady is.

Animated GIF

Kangaroos play waiting game​

By Peter Ryan​

North Melbourne are waiting to see what eventuates with Gold Coast’s pick 13 and therefore their potential to be seriously involved in Dan Houston race before being in a position to make decisions on Caleb Daniel offer.

Western Bulldogs know something could come through pipeline for Daniel once resolution on pick 13.

The Magpies have had the inside running on pick 13 all along, but have yet to get it in their hands, with the onus on new list boss Justin Leppitsch to get that deal done.
Waiting game sucks let’s play hungry hungry hippos

In what shouldnt be a surprise or an individual response, I don't understand what we are trying to do and I am sickened by it
It's pretty obvious imo

The footy department knows if we spud it up for another bottom 2 season, the exodus of talent and members will be a certainty.

I want Houston and Parker, but I don't care if we get Daniel.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we aren't planning to us 25 in a really deep draft we are dumber than I think we are.
So much for the club that keeps telling us to stay the course and keep faith. I've lost faith in the list team if some of these rumors are true. No wonder we cant get of the bottom with these idiots in charge of the list management

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's very clear there's a specific strategic direction inside the club that is very different from fan expectations this year

It's hard to believe that something this drastic wouldn't have everyone, from Brady to Clarko to Viney to the board, all on the same page.

Im not saying it's right or wrong but I also think ppl need to consider this bigger picture stuff before they come in here foaming at the mouth over Rawling alone

It's very clear there's a specific strategic direction inside the club that is very different from fan expectations this year

It's hard to believe that something this drastic wouldn't have everyone, from Brady to Clarko to Viney to the board, all on the same page.

Im not saying it's right or wrong but I also think ppl need to consider this bigger picture stuff before they come in here foaming at the mouth over Rawling alone
Given we are still offering early second rounders for opposition fringe players, it doesn't look like much has actually changed. Fans have the expectation that the club has learnt from past mistakes and won't repeat them. When they do... hence outrage.

Was the “AVAILABLE” in all capitals not clear enough?

We won’t even have academy kids on our board, one player we did have on our board in the top 25 will be available though.

That could be Faull, either of the Whitlocks, Gerreyn etc. just from a KPF perspective. I’d rather take that throw at the dart board to find Larkey a long term partner at the spot.

All for Daniel, but not at a stupid cost. And 25 is ****ing ridiculous.

Do you think father sons and academy kids play in different u18 comps and have different coaches and development pathways?

I understand your point about who is available, but if who is available is a weaker overall pool of players because you've taken out academy and father sons, then picks are also not as valuable.

This Caleb Daniel stuff reminds me of Hunter Clarke. We just need to walk away again.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back