List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

We have been a steaming pile of shit for 5 years because the Noble era was a total cluster ****.

We restart to rebuild the right way and everyone now wants to blow it up for their sugar hit.

I hope these same people don’t complain when we go through that mid table doom cycle because we have talent gaps.
I'm not complaining, just faced reality a while ago mate.

We're the worst performing club in a 5 year stretch in the past 120 years..

If we need experience to help us get on the right path and a second round pick will net us two ex-premiership and B&F winners to guide our next wave of young stars then do it.

If Houston doesn’t want to come to us then we would’ve backed out of the deal already
Or maybe Rawlings is about to bamboozle us all and use pick 13 for a tall (like Trainor) in the draft rather than having to take another mid in next year's draft with our 1st.

Just on backing out, we all have that mate who used to sit on the sidelines waiting for the girl running out of options on a late night out and just stay available with no concern about being last choice.

potentially he doesn’t.

Or it is Collingwood using Morris in an attempt to discourage North to get 13.

Or Houston’s management feeding Morris that, without directly saying it to North, in order to force his more favoured outcome directly?

Wishful thinking from my end, I’m unsure how much media is used as leverage, but I’d say it plays a part.
I dunno but whatever they say the opposite happens

I'm not complaining, just faced reality a while ago mate.

We're the worst performing club in a 5 year stretch in the past 120 years..

If we need experience to help us get on the right path and a second round pick will net us two ex-premiership and B&F winners to guide our next wave of young stars then do it.
I’m not so worried about the second pick. I’m more worried about our F1 flying out the door for a pig with lipstick.

I’m not so worried about the second pick. I’m more worried about our F1 flying out the door for a pig with lipstick.
Wires crossed then, because I was solely talking about the Daniel deal.

potentially he doesn’t.

Or it is Collingwood using Morris in an attempt to discourage North to get 13.

Or Houston’s management feeding Morris that, without directly saying it to North, in order to force his more favoured outcome directly?

Wishful thinking from my end, I’m unsure how much media is used as leverage, but I’d say it plays a part.
The Suns using whoever said we have offered our F1 for 13 to get the Pies to improve their deal for 13.

south park mob GIF

We have been a steaming pile of shit for 5 years because the Noble era was a total cluster ****.

We restart to rebuild the right way and everyone now wants to blow it up for their sugar hit.

I hope these same people don’t complain when we go through that mid table doom cycle because we have talent gaps.

Players will only come when this talent matures and we start to climb. Until then make sensible deals for experience and go to the draft to get top end talent in areas of need.

I get that everyone is impatient after 5 years of being a turd, but what is an extra year or two to get the final pay off for doing it sensibly?
That is an implication that top 4 draft picks are what makes a team good. We have had enough of those. Look at Hawthorn ffs! They went down and up again in the 5-year period we have been shite. We can identify talent through various methods.

As Clarko said, "if North want to get good again, they can't simply rely on the draft."

That is an implication that top 4 draft picks are what makes a team good. We have had enough of those. Look at Hawthorn ffs! They went down and up again in the 5-year period we have been shite. We can identify talent through various methods.

As Clarko said, "if North want to get good again, they can't simply rely on the draft."
They have all been spent on midfielders. We need to start looking at key position players at the top end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Houston doesn’t want to come to us then we would’ve backed out of the deal already
I can't see the logic from Houston's management in standing back and allowing us to undercut Carlton and Collingwood, or make an offer that they can't match, if he has no intention of coming to us. He's better off letting us know we are no chance so that we don't blow up the deal that he wants to see happen with another club.

Players will only come when this talent matures and we start to climb. Until then make sensible deals for experience and go to the draft to get top end talent in areas of need.

I get that everyone is impatient after 5 years of being a turd, but what is an extra year or two to get the final pay off for doing it sensibly?
We are going to lose major sponsors and our best talent if we dont start shooting up that ladder. We have good enough young talent on the list. Its now time to move up this ladder and try our gains in Free Agency ETC.

I can't see the logic from Houston's management in standing back and allowing us to undercut Carlton and Collingwood, or make an offer that they can't match, if he has no intention of coming to us. He's better off letting us know we are no chance so that we don't blow up the deal that he wants to see happen with another club.
We already know that if it came to it, Houston would prefer coming to us than staying at Port. But he has a preference for Collingwood or Carlton.
That’s why we are still in the race.

This would be peak Norf.

Trade for the assets for Houston and he turns around and says sorry not interested.

Has the dumb campaigner even asked if he will come if we can do the trade?

We would happily take the pick to the draft. Pick 13 is a nice spot to be.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The problem is ol' mate is what you and 95% of this forum don't understand is;

1. the amount of negotiation that has to be done with not just the other 17 clubs, the specific club you want a player from.
2. then the player who your chasing needs to make a decision to leave their best friends at a club they grew up at and come to a bottom two club for half a f**ken decade like ours.
3. then the player has to agree to our terms and fit them in our salary cap (unless your Geelong or Collingwood) but also take into account the salary cap in 2/3/4 years time as our young guns like Sheez will affect the cap massively going forward with big pay rises.
4. then we actually need to work out a strategy of what we can offer up to satisfy the club your dealing with and to work out how it affects our draft strategy too.

So no matter what the keyboard warriors like us think about winning or losing a trade, the bottom line is the amount of work done behind the scenes to even get a look in at a trade is bloody enormous.

I don't necessarily agree with the Snoz on some things but I sure as hell know how much work goes into this stuff, not 'why don't we just offer pick 150 for the Bont, Snoz is a moron' shit that gets spewed out constantly - ever - ****ing - year.

Oh.. and..

No, you couldn't do Brady's job, you would battle to do his shoelaces up..

Agree I shutter to think how bad we would have been in the last five years without Rawlings's stewardship

They have all been spent on midfielders. We need to start looking at key position players at the top end.
I think we should draft KPPs using top 30 picks. I don't believe any of the KPPs available are top 5 worthy talents. We don't necessarily need to use pick 2 on one, but if we can split, we could get in the perfect area to take a couple.

Daniel is a fringe HBF with severe limitations. We're a side with major list gaps in KPFs and small forwards.

If we give up pick 25 for him in a draft predicted to have good KPF and small forwards options around that mark, we should be deregistered, lol.

Don't agree mate we know what we are we're doing, we have to pay a bit of an excess for permiership players so I'm not surprised 25 didn't cut the salsa with the Dogs

I think we should draft KPPs using top 30 picks. I don't believe any of the KPPs available are top 5 worthy talents. We don't necessarily need to use pick 2 on one, but if we can split, we could get in the perfect area to take a couple.
I think that's Brady's plan, but no one is giving up a couple of this year's top 10's to move up to 2. We are a bit snookered I think.....club's will force our hand to take Tauru at 2.

Realistically any KPP we bring in will take 3-4 years to develop so we can't just rely on them either to improve. I do agree we need to look at them, like we did with Dawson and Goad last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back