List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

We are going to lose major sponsors and our best talent if we dont start shooting up that ladder. We have good enough young talent on the list. Its now time to move up this ladder and try our gains in Free Agency ETC.
I doubt Mazda are going anywhere given Toyota are a major partner of the AFL. They might find they get shutout if they drop us.

Why is the time now, when clearly our list isn’t ready?

All I have heard is that we need to shoot up the ladder because everyone is sick of us being crap and the sky will fall if we don’t.

I think we should draft KPPs using top 30 picks. I don't believe any of the KPPs available are top 5 worthy talents. We don't necessarily need to use pick 2 on one, but if we can split, we could get in the perfect area to take a couple.
100%.

Keep the F1 for next year and use it cash on then. There could be a good player up for grabs or teams that will trade for it to get the points with the new Draft Index. Late picks are going to be worth nothing which means teams with Academy and FS are going to need premium picks to get them in.

Realistically any KPP we bring in will take 3-4 years to develop so we can't just rely on them either to improve. I do agree we need to look at them, like we did with Dawson and Goad last year.
And that’s the issue with our drafting up to date.

We should have been looking at KPP’s instead of bring in midfielders and flankers.

I suspect the brief to Brady from Clarko and Viney, and ticked off by the board, is that we want to get experienced players in to be far more competitive next year and were willing to sacrifice significant draft capital to do that. It's then Bradys job to lead negotiations and deliver on the brief.

I think some of the criticism of Brady alone is over the top tbh

Not sure he needs to worry too much about his job this time of year! Not a lot of action at Arden st to get involved with! Unless helping out with the women but they don't really need his help!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Of course there is.

We went into last year without a viable game plan. This is when he should be developing one and advising list management what/who we need to execute it. He should be helping Rawlings, not getting in his way or trying to do his job.

I doubt Mazda are going anywhere given Toyota are a major partner of the AFL. They might find they get shutout if they drop us.

Why is the time now, when clearly our list isn’t ready?

All I have heard is that we need to shoot up the ladder because everyone is sick of us being crap and the sky will fall if we don’t.
I’ll say it again. If we dont shoot up the ladder we will lose talent and major sponsors. Because you have a feeling is completely irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would be peak Norf.

Trade for the assets for Houston and he turns around and says sorry not interested.

Has the dumb campaigner even asked if he will come if we can do the trade?
You would like to think that any trade involving our F1 would also involve Houston. It would be crazy for us to trade out our F1 and not get him.

I’ll say it again. If we dont shoot up the ladder we will lose talent and major sponsors. Because you have a feeling is completely irrelevant.
Do you have proof of that or is it just a feeling?

Other than people saying the sky is falling, has it been reported our major sponsor will pull the pin and players will leave?

If players leave they leave, it’s still not a reason to blow up a rebuild for a quick hit.

You would like to think that any trade involving our F1 would also involve Houston. It would be crazy for us to trade out our F1 and not get him.

The fallback is we may have somebody in that region we find hard to resist, worry about next years draft in a year when we know where we are. We're talking pick 13 for pick ? with a view next years draft is less impressive and there are many avenues to come in again. Get it right now and we may be worried more about free agency than drafting.

I don't think the media have a clue what negotiations are actually happening.

It's what happens when you are given scope to talk as much as you want, but there's nothing to say. Guess work, supposition, extrapolation and straight out dribbling shit.

Do you have proof of that or is it just a feeling?

Other than people saying the sky is falling, has it been reported our major sponsor will pull the pin and players will leave?

If players leave they leave, it’s still not a reason to blow up a rebuild for a quick hit.
When the players you are using for a rebuild are considering a future elsewhere then you should consider the above.

The fact we even offered that is embarrassing, frankly.
How many list spots do we actually have? 8 or 9 woth some final delistings?

That deal would essentially end up being 25 for Daniel and Parker.
Ideally then (probably won't happen...)
We split 2 for 6 and 10 with the tigers
Future first for 13 and 29 from the Gold Coast
Send 10 to Port for Houston.

End up with -
6, 13, 29 and 61 or whatever that final pick is to take to the draft.
2 KPF's, 1 small forward, River Stevens
Houston for 10
Daniel and Parker for 25
Darling for 60's
Konstanty DFA

That's 9 list spots.
3 selections inside 30 instead of 2 in a deep draft. Mature, quality leadership that can also contribute on field. Addresses future and current needs in multiple ways.

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back