Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

St Kilda trade its Round Two selection (currently 27) to the Brisbane Lions for its Round Two selection (currently 32) and its Round Three selection (currently 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
----------
Three club trade approved.Richmond trade Liam Baker to the West Coast Eagles.West Coast Eagles trade its Round One selection (currently 3) and both its Round Four selections (currently 63 and 68) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft to Carlton.
Carlton trade Matthew Owies, its Round One selection (currently 12) and its Round Four selection (currently 73) to West Coast Eagles. Carlton trade its Round One selection (currently 14 ) to Richmond.
----------
Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

Lol.

I tend to value them because it's the only way we will ever climb the ladder.

We have no pull with FA's, we have no pull at the trade table, even with a legendary coach at the helm which every man and their dog on here was claiming was going to change that narrative.

It's the one function in the entire shit show of a system, where we can't get screwed over.

Players can't refuse to come here and we have just as much right to pick from the biggest talent pool (Victoria) as any other Victorian team.

Everyone wants to trade into the draft position of a 2nd week of the finals side for an immediate dopamine hit.

I get the deal with the future firsts. Trust me. I'm somebody that was excited by them (marry them maybe), hoped we were strategic in wins to ensure our best hand. I'm just saddened now by the prospect of year 5 (6?) of hearing "don't trade our F1, it might be a top 3-5 pick. It's been devalued by a compromised draft, by the ability to plan two years in advance. Devalued by an expectation of improvement. I feel it's better invested now, it seems to be a fair debate.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy if we're walking out of tomorrow still holding it but if the right guy is there at pick 11 and Freo are amenable live on the night I hope we go for it.

It hasn’t worked for the past 5 years

We keep going to the draft, waiting for another 3-4 years to maybe get a young player to make an impact at afl level whilst all our players get older

Madness. We are desperate and I understand it. We are already stacked with top picks but they have no support, leadership or finals experience.

I keep reading this.

What hasn't worked in the last 5 years?

Why are we lumping everything on the last 5 years?

What about 10 years ago?

What about 15 years ago?

What about 7 years ago when we traded a R1 pick away like it was worthless for Polec because everyone on here was adamant we could get Thomas and Polec and that was a coup and the R1 pick was effectively worthless? How did ignoring the draft go in that instance?

Or the drafting 10 years ago that left a dead patch on the list?

Or the drafting of 3-4 years worth of almost exclusively KPD's, all high risk that ended up delisted?

Or the bizarre concentration of drafting of Queenslanders in a block of 2-3 drafts?

Or the Brad Scott top ups (Like Waite, Like Higgins etc All admittedly great players for the club) instead of facing the reality the list was in?

Or the complete burning of senior assets like Ben Brown, Robbie Tarrant etc (See how Richmond have handled it this off season and maintaining their value at the trade table)

Or the performance of the senior players, including those just retired in the last 18 months?

Why is everything "going back to the draft year after year doesn't work" at the moment?

Calling bullshit on it - Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher etc are as good a prospects as we've ever had and they were all drafted in the supposed diabolical last 5 years.

In fact, they are pretty much the sole hope we have at the moment.

We got super unlucky with Covid and the Phillips draft, otherwise im sure the narrative would be even more different.

Last edited:
It hasn’t worked for the past 5 years

We keep going to the draft, waiting for another 3-4 years to maybe get a young player to make an impact at afl level whilst all our players get older

Madness. We are desperate and I understand it. We are already stacked with top picks but they have no support, leadership or finals experience.
I agree overall, just not the desperate bit - that's what we can't afford. Time to be patient and careful, let other people do the panicking

Do we get a trophy for that?

Or does it automatically mean there's a waterfall of players coming to the club?

No.

I hope to god, Carlton or Collingwood save some of us from the Houston recruitment.

It would be an utter waste of our only assets to make us a chance to contend for a flag.
The trophy is that we have another AA on our side, that's obvious.

And it doesn't automatically mean a waterfall of recruits but it's a step in the right direction. Rather than sitting on our arse, staying shit, and complaining that nobody wants to play with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brady right now after watching the WCE trade stealing the dumb trade trophy:

Say What Oh Hell No GIF by Robert E Blackmon

It's a decent point and i think there are similarities to when Bernie Vince and Chris Dawes went to the Dees?
They landed Jordan Lewis and Hibbard in 2016 that helped them become more competitive. It was when they grabbed Lever off Adelaide in 2017 that saw them make finals the following year and play off in a prelim.

I think we can all agree, no matter what happens in the next couple days, at least we're not West Coast.
The only thing that would make it worse, is if they select interstate kids who want out after two/three seasons.

The trophy is that we have another AA on our side, that's obvious.

And it doesn't automatically mean a waterfall of recruits but it's a step in the right direction. Rather than sitting on our arse, staying shit, and complaining that nobody wants to play with us.

Backing our system, staying the course and trying to build a core group of players around the clear ELITE prospects we have is not sitting on our arse.

This has to be the number 1 priority.

You know what will ensure we stay shit? Spending significant draft capital and recruiting someone 8 years older than this core of players who is long retired when they peak. In a position we have invested significant draft capital ourselves the last 4 years.

I have no idea why some are so allergic to attempting to trying to develop the significant talent we have on our list. Even in these positions.

Goater and Hardeman have barely scratched the surface at the club, yet we have to bring in not 1, not 2, but 3 players (Fisher, Daniel, Houston) in this position (Not to mention our Captain players there!!!). As well as having the ability to play both Harry Sheezel and Colby McKercher there if required.

If they aren't good enough, they aren't good enough. We replace them then. We don't even know yet....

We have so many other priorities than a player of this age, in this position.

If this was a young KPP, a young small forward or forward half player like Bolton, different story.

Here's another scenario - We recruit Houston and Daniel (ontop of Fisher last year).

Goater and Hardeman have complete breakout seasons, what then?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back