Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

St Kilda trade its Round Two selection (currently 27) to the Brisbane Lions for its Round Two selection (currently 32) and its Round Three selection (currently 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
----------
Three club trade approved.Richmond trade Liam Baker to the West Coast Eagles.West Coast Eagles trade its Round One selection (currently 3) and both its Round Four selections (currently 63 and 68) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft to Carlton.
Carlton trade Matthew Owies, its Round One selection (currently 12) and its Round Four selection (currently 73) to West Coast Eagles. Carlton trade its Round One selection (currently 14 ) to Richmond.
----------
Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

Backing our system, staying the course and trying to build a core group of players around the clear ELITE prospects we have is not sitting on our ass

What about giving them elite players with big game experience and 150-200 games of nous and knowledge to learn off?

did i cook?

NMFC give: pick 2

MELB give: pick 5/pick 9

NMFC give: pick 44

SYD give: Luke Parker

NMFC give: future first, pick 25

GC give: pick 13, pick 23

NMFC give: pick 23, future third

WB give: Caleb Daniel, pick 48

NMFC give: pick 5, pick 13

PA give: Dan Houston

Do we get a trophy for that?

Or does it automatically mean there's a waterfall of players coming to the club?

No.

I hope to god, Carlton or Collingwood save some of us from the Houston recruitment.

It would be an utter waste of our only assets to make us a chance to contend for a flag.

Trading away one future pick is going to cost us a chance at a flag?...

Cracking Up Lol GIF

did i cook?

NMFC give: pick 2

MELB give: pick 5/pick 9

NMFC give: pick 44

SYD give: Luke Parker

NMFC give: future first, pick 25

GC give: pick 13, pick 23

NMFC give: pick 23, future third

WB give: Caleb Daniel, pick 48

NMFC give: pick 5, pick 13

PA give: Dan Houston

We trade #2, our F1 and F3, #25, #44 for Houston, Parker, Daniel & #9?

Gross.

Backing our system, staying the course and trying to build a core group of players around the clear ELITE prospects we have is not sitting on our arse.

This has to be the number 1 priority.

You know what will ensure we stay shit? Spending significant draft capital and recruiting someone 8 years older than this core of players who is long retired when they peak. In a position we have invested significant draft capital ourselves the last 4 years.

I have no idea why some are so allergic to attempting to trying to develop the significant talent we have on our list. Even in these positions.

Goater and Hardeman have barely scratched the surface at the club, yet we have to bring in not 1, not 2, but 3 players (Fisher, Daniel, Houston) in this position (Not to mention our Captain players there!!!). As well as having the ability to play both Harry Sheezel and Colby McKercher there if required.

If they aren't good enough, they aren't good enough. We replace them then. We don't even know yet.

We have so many other priorities than a player of this age, in this position.

Here's another scenario - We recruit Houston and Daniel (ontop of Fisher last year).

Goater and Hardeman have complete breakout seasons, what then?
Sing it louder for the people in the back...
Video Games Clap GIF by Call of Duty League

We can't defend up and down the ground, a cbf isn't going to change our fortunes, why would we waste so much capital on this.
walk away Brady,
or keep them in the loop and pull out last minute so they can't deal with anyone else, f-port

Backing our system, staying the course and trying to build a core group of players around the clear ELITE prospects we have is not sitting on our ass,

You know what will ensure we stay shit? Spending significant draft capital and recruiting someone 8 years older than this core of players who is long retired when they peak. In a position we have invested significant draft capital ourselves the last 4 years.

I have no idea why some are so allergic to attempting to trying to develop the significant talent we have on our list.

Goater and Hardeman have barely scratched the surface at the club, yet we have to bring in not 1, not 2, but 3 players (Fisher, Daniel, Houston) in this position. As well as having the ability to play both Harry Sheezel and Colby McKercher there if required.

If they aren't good enough, they aren't good enough. We replace them then. We don't even know yet.

Here's another scenario - We recruit Houston and Daniel (ontop of Fisher last year).

In that scenario fisher plays twos pretty simple.

We need to take the heavy lifting off the kids and allow them to develop to the fullest, at present we run the risk of pushing them to play reactive conservative football in survival mode. Augmenting them with mature talent isn’t as bad as you make iut

What about giving them elite players with big game experience and 150-200 games of nous and knowledge to learn off?

Who are we talking about? Houston? He's not Luke Hodge is he? Who Brisbane acquired for a packet of chips btw.

You get these players for nothing, not for big value. See Luke Parker and Jack Darling.

Is Hardeman going to learn more off Houston than LDU, or Sheezel, or Larkey, or Xerri? Possibly, because of the position.

But at what cost?

We aren't devoid of elite prospects ourselves and Houston can't teach young players how to perform in big games, you have to experience it yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can all agree, no matter what happens in the next couple days, at least we're not West Coast.
I actually didn't think it was that bad; they slid back 9 spots and got Baker and Owies. My understanding is that in this year's drafts, there isn't a significant difference between pick 2 and 10 anyway.

Who hear was happy about the Polec trade at the time?

I was shattered. I feel the same about getting Houston for a F1 (and maybe more).
Dan Houston isn't a lazy, one-sided, left footing mercenary like Polec.

He's a dual AA with some of the best foot skills in the land.

Comparing the two is like peak Elle McPherson vs Mrs Mangles from Neighbours..

Backing our system, staying the course and trying to build a core group of players around the clear ELITE prospects we have is not sitting on our arse.

I have no idea why some are so allergic to attempting to trying to develop the significant talent we have on our list. Even in these positions.

Goater and Hardeman have barely scratched the surface at the club, yet we have to bring in not 1, not 2, but 3 players (Fisher, Daniel, Houston) in this position (Not to mention our Captain players there!!!). As well as having the ability to play both Harry Sheezel and Colby McKercher there if required.

If they aren't good enough, they aren't good enough. We replace them then. We don't even know yet....

If this was a young KPP, a young small forward or forward half player like Bolton, different story.

Mate you met Clarko and discussed this?

Tell us what do you think his motivation to do this is?

If they aren't good enough, they aren't good enough. We replace them then. We don't even know yet....

If this was a young KPP, a young small forward or forward half player like Bolton, different story.

What then? Well, we'd be in an awesome position, with depth of talent and if we are 100% fit then we can even push a Goater or Hardeman up into the wing to challenge those guys for a spot.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not too scared of a scenario where we have 3-4 awesome HBFs who can also play on the wing.

I'm much more worried about being shit for 2-3 more years and we lose the current optimistic vibes that seem to exist in the playing group and we start leaking players.

Gabelich saying Pick 25 for Caleb Daniel is still a real chance.

F***ing hell.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back