List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see somebody acknowledge that you can be the same height as someone but a totally different type of player. Not saying I necessarily want Membrey, but I see him more as a link player who gets on his bike and leads out to the wings. He doesn't stay at home inside the forward 50, he isn't a pack marker, but he is something that we haven't really got, height notwithstanding. He's also quite good at getting into defence and clogging things up when you're trying to protect a lead or running down the clock.
Zurhaar does all that. Most acknowledge Cam had a poor year even though he was starved of a lot of football. Despite the Saints having a significantly better year than us, Zurhaar's stats match up well in all categories v Membrey.

Zurhaar more disposals per game but slightly less marks and goals as you'd expect given his starvation and our often slow i50s. Cam is also higher for i50s, tackles and contested possessions.

Zurhaar V Membrey

Agree, it seems very lopsided in favor of the player.

If their on a long contract they can play sh*t and still get full payment. Then even when contracted they'll request trades to clubs of their choice which reduces bargaining power of the club with the contract.

Maybe clubs need to start looking how these contracts are structured (if they aren't already), where the players can legally only ask for trade and goes to the club who makes the best deal. And/or money claw back for player not wanting to complete their contract to protect clubs when frontloading. Theres also the cost to the clubs in their planning, they've recruited believing that contracted players will be there.
I wonder how things would look if there was also a transfer fee involved from the purchasing club when players are still under contract?

Kind of like in The World Game, but I've not thought through the exact machinations. Selling club get a cash boost and maybe even allowed to add this value to their salary cap?

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

They're all playing medium forward. Sure he doesn't differently but it's the same role. If Membrey is added, two will have to play VFL.

Pink and Teakle will be well before any of those you mention!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Zurhaar does all that. Most acknowledge Cam had a poor year even though he was starved of a lot of football. Despite the Saints having a significantly better year than us, Zurhaar's stats match up well in all categories v Membrey.

Zurhaar more disposals per game but slightly less marks and goals as you'd expect given his starvation and our often slow i50s. Cam is also higher for i50s, tackles and contested possessions.

Zurhaar V Membrey
I don't dispute the stats similarities, but I'm still not sure it's that simple. If it was we could just get AI to pick the team and do the recruiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints apparently in contact with dan Houston now

Hope we have made a call

If he’s willing to go saints he is willing to go any vic club

Collingwood supports posted this on Twitter. Apparently it was from his exit interview “Look for another club or come back fit”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably on the money nothing extraordinary there. Stephenson looking like one of those players with heaps of talent that didn’t make the most of his opportunities. He can change this but fast running out of time. He will regret it one day.

I'd take membrey solely for the fact he seems to kick goals against us. Other than that, he's shit.

Seriously worrying if multiple players are interested in the saints over us, got to wonder what snake oil they are selling cause they are on a path to nowhere with their current list

Seriously worrying if multiple players are interested in the saints over us, got to wonder what snake oil they are selling cause they are on a path to nowhere with their current list
We are an absolute rabble. No good players will preference us until we start winning consistently.

Zurhaar V Membrey

Curtis seemed to find the ball okay.

Geez Seb Ross not offered a contract by St.Kilda.

In the event we don't end up with a Parker type, I'd be keen. Ross is a more defensive mid and has an excellent character. You could play him purely as a tagger or in a similar defensive role to Shiels. His form at the start of the year was pretty solid, but tapered off in the back end of this year.
Thought the same

It doesn't help him much though unfortunately. Bloke rarely takes a contested mark.
People will always differ over the ‘eye test’. The stats have zurhaar ahead on every measure except goals per game, where membrey has an edge. Given the forward supply between the 2 teams, hardly surprising. But whatever those arguments, the fact is membrey doesn’t fill a structural need in the forward line

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back